Blood(y) matters!

For everything outside of TER.
Kerstman

Blood(y) matters!

Postby Kerstman » Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:24 pm

Hey all,

I applaud Holy Rage's initiative for gifting a free copy of NWN: EE for some blood payment as he offers here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2445

I am donating blood plasma on a regular basis for several years now and before I donated blood a few times. Pretty much my only motivation for doing it is: "Why should I not?" It helps people and it has hardly a negative effect on me. Mainly it costs me about 60 minutes something like 10 times a year depending on recent travels or illness / infections. In turn I am warmly welcomed by the people working at the blood bank and they offer me plenty of drinks and snacks. Oh an you can joke about taking heroine shots to your friends and colleagues in case they spot the most minor scar tissue on your arm. Donating blood takes only like 10 to 15 minutes excluding the checklist and quick medical checkup, so don't be scared off by the aforementioned 60. Also you may donate blood a lot less often because it takes longer to regenerate blood than plasma, which is only a part of the blood material running through your veins.

I would not mind obtaining one of the NWN : EE copies, but I'd rather see it go to a dedicated player who either decides to start donating or who manages to convice another.

Cheerio,

-K
Last edited by Kerstman on Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mains
Fenneken : Obscure arcanist
Leopold Thunersdai : Damaran Tempurian
Aleks : Rashemi barbie

Alts
Unger mac Rotu : Earthfast tunnel recon dwarf
Badger: Mute hin archer

Kilaana
Administrator, Builder, DM

Re: Blood(y) matters!

Postby Kilaana » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:31 pm

Sorry for the late post on my part, but thank you for a very encouraging and informative post about how blood donation works, Kerst!
It's good to hear from you. The prize reward aside, here is hoping it will help make the concept of bloodgiving less scary for some.
“Violence is the mark of the amateur.” ― Garrett, Thief: The Dark Project

Kallian | Delorwyn Lle'quellas | Wilhemina Alencar | Zalika Maszim Zartusht
Cedric Lesàre

Holy_Rage

Re: Blood(y) matters!

Postby Holy_Rage » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:08 pm

And the first of the two EE Steam keys has been redeemed! One more left for (bloody) grabs!
Current PCs:
Hróin | Ygrak Ironflame