The AFK Thread

For everything outside of TER.
Dawnbreak

Re: The AFK Thread

Postby Dawnbreak » Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:53 pm

Dawnbreak wrote:Think I'll be taking a break from consistent playing for the next while. Take it easy
After giving it some thought, I've decided to extend this to be indefinite. With university resuming for me in a week, and some health issues resurfacing, I have little time to invest in TER, and frankly, little will. My warm thoughts and appreciation for what was built here by the staff have been eclipsed by personal experiences and my bitterness over my own performance.

Hopefully I'll make it back some day. <3
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Copper Dragon

Postby Copper Dragon » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:26 pm

Hello,

Been offline as a close family member almost died on Saturday and has been kept in artificial coma until today.

Presence may be sporadic.

~ Copper
Plays:
Artemis D'Assanthe, Dawnmaster
Udhana, the Kinless
Dhovainithil, Silver Elf
Jhasira of the Bai Kabor, Dawnbringer (deceased)

Artifice

Postby Artifice » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:12 pm

I'm so sorry to hear that! Best wishes to you and your family.
Sarushan Folhana - Bard
Louhi Laakkonen - Priest

booksarefun666

Postby booksarefun666 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:21 pm

Hopefully things get better for you, Copper Dragon.

Kilaana
Administrator, Builder, DM

Postby Kilaana » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:31 pm

Dear all,

My circumstances for the past half year or so have been difficult on a personal level, and of which recently has placed me in a timezone that means I am unable to DM or even play, on the rare occasion I once had the time and inclination to, between building and questmaking when those did not consume me entirely. My situation has become rougher, and while I've endeavoured to keep up with things on the forums, it's a struggle when the heart is dealing with a lot of pain. I'm usually content to work behind-the-scenes, creating areas for the module and taking part in some Offline RP, but even this is becoming more and more of a stretch in my current situation. These I will try to keep up with, because TER is one of my biggest passions, so all I can ask is for your patience when the module doesn't update fast enough to reflect in-game happenings. For those who have been waiting for progress on smaller quests I've initiated with them, I hope you'll accept my deepest apologies for failing to see them to completion. And to those few players who may have come to resent that my communication with them lacked dearly as DM, I ask for your forgiveness and hope you understand that this DM gave her all to you, and asked for nothing in return. In hindsight, it's my hope that as players, you will also take the initiative to reach out to your DM and be kind in asking after your quests with them.

With that aside, I'm thankful for everyone's support and am confident that should I one day need to withdraw entirely from this project, TER has now a team whom I trust implicitly to bring Impiltur more alive as it ever has been, where the art of roleplay and meaningful storytelling takes precedence over all else.

For now, see you in Discord, or Skype, or on the server when time and energy permits me.
“Violence is the mark of the amateur.” ― Garrett, Thief: The Dark Project

Kallian | Delorwyn Lle'quellas | Wilhemina Alencar | Zalika Maszim Zartusht
Cedric Lesàre

OldBear

Postby OldBear » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:24 pm

Kilaana it is with deep sadness that I just read your last post. You have been missed but not in a negative way that I am aware of. This is your home, your refuge and your creation. No matter how long your gone, no matter what life may throw at you, that can never change. We will rejoice when we can see you. Pray for you when we cannot. Hope that all goes well with you while your away. So please, no matter how long it may take for a return, please consider never withdrawing completely. One doesn't leave a home and family, one just grows absent for a time, years perhaps, but the place remains a home. I haven't lived in my parents house for over 40 years, but that is still where I grew up and deep in my heart my home. Perhaps not my only home, but home nevertheless.

Due to my career, I suppose I should state these are my personal opinions, but I seriously doubt those here would disagree.
Last edited by OldBear on Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Brindisium

Postby Brindisium » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:22 pm

Although I sent Kilaana a short PM I'd like to add my best wishes to yours here OldBear. Couldn't have said it better.
Cheese for your crackers here!

Artifice

Postby Artifice » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:17 am

I agree wholeheartedly. I'd much rather play with you than without you, no matter the wait. I can only hope things get better!
Sarushan Folhana - Bard
Louhi Laakkonen - Priest

Kerstman

Postby Kerstman » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:56 am

It is cliché, but those things are always true and therefore they are repeated: Real Life comes first. Always. I hope you'll overcome your challenges, Kilaana. For the rest I cannot say it in a better way than our wise Old Bear has done. We are grateful for all the hours you have put in TER and its community. Without doubt we'll keep in touch, even if it will be less frequent than before. Hopefully things will become better for you eventually.
Mains
Fenneken : Obscure arcanist
Leopold Thunersdai : Damaran Tempurian
Aleks : Rashemi barbie

Alts
Unger mac Rotu : Earthfast tunnel recon dwarf
Badger: Mute hin archer

Holy_Rage

Postby Holy_Rage » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:34 am

The Old Bear spoke and none could say it better. All the best Kilaana, your spot by the fireplace will be kept warm and ready for your return.
Current PCs:
Hróin | Ygrak Ironflame