Something to keep an eye on

For everything outside of TER.
SatelliteMind

Something to keep an eye on

Postby SatelliteMind » Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:29 pm

http://shardsonline.com/
Upon Alpha Phase 2 in which custom assets will be introduced players will be able to create their own content including maps. This could very well be the next NwN and in fact has the potential to surpass it given that there is very little hardcoding meaning you can literally rewrite every system in the game if you choose. The devs have also said they are planning on supporting client side modding down the road as well. I definitely reccomend checking out their twitch channel to watch some of the community roundtables, a lot of good footage and information in all of them.

cyberjesterb

Re: Something to keep an eye on

Postby cyberjesterb » Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:28 pm

This sounds really cool! Thanks for sharing. I will be keeping an eye on this.
Bors
Orm
Ghaulvur Forlimodr

SatelliteMind

Postby SatelliteMind » Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:42 pm

No problem, forgot to mention there will be a GM client included as well. Its been shown off in some of the community roundtables, you can actually fly over the map in full 3D view. Pretty sweet stuff

SatelliteMind

Postby SatelliteMind » Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:39 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X99PCKMF6oo#t=2137
Recent interview done with the lead developer by a community member. Lots of good stuff coming down the road!

SatelliteMind

Postby SatelliteMind » Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:32 am

So I thought folks should know someone in the pre alpha admin program is actively working on writing a 3.5 D&D ruleset hopefully when map building comes in the summer it will be mostly finished