The Lady Scion's Retinue

For out-of-game events, wrapping up in-game adventures and rumours.
Autarch

The Lady Scion's Retinue

Postby Autarch » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:30 pm

The letter had certainly not been what Vangoul had been expecting although his immediate assumption was that this letter was clearly not from either of the War Captains he had sought to contact. How frustrating. A more direct approach would be necessary then.

Perhaps, he speculated, it was a message from the dark influence working within Sarshel that he had sought to expose, or some other that had so far escaped their notice. The impression of the envelope certainly hinted at something sinister and the content might reveal more. The letter would be brought to the Lady Scion's attention at once.

Vangoul entered the Lady Scion's chamber and presented her immediately with the black envelope for her personal inspection. While she examined the envelope he shared his own thoughts on the matter unbid.

"I suspect that either the War Captains deigned not send a response or more likely that my letters never reached them at all. I am uncertain whether they were intercepted before delivery or perhaps if someone in the employ of the War Captains is not what they seem." He paused in brief consideration before continuing, "I shall endeavor to track down the messenger that delivered the letters on our behalf and see what can be learned from him. If dark influences have already infiltrated the War Captains personnel then this could have dire complications."

Once it had been determined how the envelope might be opened, Vangoul placed his hand on the missive as was necessary. Despite there being no pain, the warrior grimaced as the letter unexpectedly shed his blood by some power he could not understand. He quickly recovered himself, so the Lady Scion might not see. Vangoul read the letter outloud for the Lady Scion to hear. After he finished reading he continued to share his thoughts on the matter.

"Clearly no representative of Impiltur's nobility nor servant to the Crown. I might suspect possible seditionists or apostates, given the secrecy and this... form of magic." The thought of associating with such individuals did not seem to sit well with Vangoul. "Though I will admit, I find their audacity rather intriguing and I am curious to see what they think they know of our aims. We should find these people and quickly."

Vangoul placed his hand on the text and this time he did not grimace.