Goblins & Loggers

For out-of-game events, wrapping up in-game adventures and rumours.
OldBear

Goblins & Loggers

Postby OldBear » Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:23 pm

A large bulky figure, clad in full armor, approaches the tavern in Outentown. The merchants there are quiet around and merely nod. Some of the mothers grab their children and make sure they are not in his way as he strides down the roadway. While not making signs against evil, they are wary. Once arriving at the tavern, a sealed message is left there. Scrawled on the outside of the scroll are the words "Ranger Nemesk." Inside in a legible if crude handwriting is the following:
Goblins have been sighted where the local loggers enter the forest. Danger level is high and help needed to end their threat. Aid be requested from you, if you be willing. I look for you if you will look for me at the tower.

Ornak

ljuslek

Re: Goblins & Loggers

Postby ljuslek » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:26 pm

Some of the folk of Outentown speak perhaps of Aleira having trailed to Vlasta, though in the same breath they may speak of her return being awaited soon, and sure enough, with the passing of little more than half a tenday reply finds Ornak at this vigil overlooking The Pilgrim's Road.

"My eyes and my bow are lent willingly to this cause, I know well the habits and nesting grounds of goblins near to the thaedar. Together we will see these pests driven back to their burrows, in the interim I urge you to advise caution to all folk who seek to enter the forests, whether their purpose is hunting, logging or foraging just as I will advise the same. Let us not stir the vile mischief of goblinkin further until they can be dealt with. Wishes of sure step and fair trail, Aleira Nemesk."

OldBear

Postby OldBear » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:56 pm

Ornak takes a few moments before the fire to read the missive tacked to the door of the tower. He seems to nod agreement to the message contained within as he reads about urging caution for those entering the forest. He has already done so to those he has met, but vows to spend more time looking for those from the area that might not have gotten the word of danger. With that he goes back to sharpening his blade and making preparations for the upcoming battle against those that would harm his Lord's vassals.

OldBear

Postby OldBear » Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:29 pm

A carefully written but in block letters of not the greatest penmenship
My Lord,

The target dummies and archery targets that you ordered have been installed around the guard tower as you commanded. I have been patrolling the rural areas around Outentown in the hopes of discouraging goblin raids in the area. The Ranger Nemesk has been doing the same it appears. I seldom see her but signs of her passing are evident. That is, when she is not trying to hide from the goblins, then it takes a better tracker than I am to follow her.

Besides this update, I am writing to you for permission to use the targets you had placed at the tower, for training some of the locals that live in and around Outentown. I was thinking, that if you had no objection, them learning some basic skills might save their lives.

Respectfully, your servant,

Ornak