Drudo's Studies

Postby OldBear » Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:29 pm

The Study of the Weave
Including Ramifications Thereof

OldBear

Re: Drudo's Studies

Postby OldBear » Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:35 pm

Spoiler:
Drudo is short for even a gnome since he does not even stand 3 feet tall. In his shoes he barely makes 2 feet 8 inches. He has a scrawny build but a bit of a protruding gut, possible from malnourishment. He has a scraggly white beard and a few wisps of thin hair on the top of his head. When he walks, it is with a noticeable limp and if one could see him without a robe on they would see his twisted and deformed left leg. He has devised a harness and support to go over the leg that does allow him to walk but still with a limp. His nose is bent and has obviously been broken in the past. He has pale weak blue eyes that are watery and he acts if he is a bit nearsighted. His voice is, by virtue of either his birth defects or the mistreatment he received as a child, is of a whiney tone. To survive in this world, he has learned to train his mind since he cannot rely upon his body to serve him.

He was born into a small clan of rock gnomes in the Western Heartlands but left their burrows (or perhaps driven out) at an early age. From there he wandered, missing meals on occasion, doing on jobs as a scribe, but constantly seeking to learn how to use the weave. He has mostly relied upon self-learning, though he was used as a servant for a mage of dubious talent and even more dubious morals. He has spent the last decade or more seeking cast off items of Zhengyi the Witch-King in Vaasa. He hope to use them to either increase his own powers or sell them for tomes of magical information. He was not exactly successful in his endeavors there. Now he has arrived in Sarshel hoping to learn from the scholars here and to increase the spells in his spell book.
Engraved in a spindly handwriting on the inside cover is the following text
Property of Drudo, Scribe and Spellcaster

OldBear

Re: Drudo's Studies

Postby OldBear » Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:45 pm

Struggle I have to find replacement spells for my scroll book. The pirates that attacked us and abandoned those of us not worth a ransom have thrown back my studies by decades. Some of what knew, still I can recall, but much was lost. This symbol was used by the Witch King as a protective one and appears to have been effective from my studies. More information seek I after the attack at the temple.