Louhi Laakkonen - Records

For character backgrounds and journals.
Artifice

Louhi Laakkonen - Records

Postby Artifice » Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:37 am

The following entries are made within a ledger kept as a part of the property of the priestess Louhi Laakkonen. Her script is in a quick, neat hand that lacks the flourishes that most in her position would make. It also lacks a certain aspect of her character, closer to a strict record than a diary.
Spoiler:
3rd Uktar, 1363 DR, 'The Year of the Wyvern'

Our work in the Sarshel region has begun proper. The rumours of what has happened in this place seem thus far not to have been majorly embellished.

Today Onryo, Ivarr, Goodman and Vangoul have donated.

A woman named Nemesk has asked for our aid in culling wolves. She has provided a donation. Vangoul, Khalis and Arcaeion will resolve this.

Goodman is exploring the necessary licensing and operating costs we will have in the region.

A Sufferer named Cassandra has asked for our aid with the underprivileged. I have explained that the Divine Law mandates the ennobled to provide food, shelter and work within their domain. If this is not being done then I imagine I will be encouraged to seek diplomatic resolution on their behalf.

I have requested the Sufferer arrange me with council amongst her peers so that I might create better relations with the Triadic church. Goodman assures me that this will be necessary in the days to come. In exchange for this, I have agreed to sustain three hungry mouths but only when the promise of a meeting is given!

We have vanquished a cove of coastal brigands and confiscated what they held.

I have asked Goodman to speak with my followers so that their needs and personal aspirations might be known, provided they trust the man.

A warrior woman Rahve of the Craglights was paid 3 Sardil for work done.

Food and lodgings have thus far been prearranged and prepaid.

Received Today
  • Donations:~ 6 Halanth 48 Sardil
  • Confiscated Assets:~ 40 Sardil
Expended Today
  • Compensations:~ 3 Sardil
Cimeliarch's Keepings

7 Halanth 35 Sardil

Confirmed: L Laakkonen (Signed)[/i]
Sarushan Folhana - Bard
Louhi Laakkonen - Priest

Artifice

Re: Louhi Laakkonen - Records

Postby Artifice » Sat Nov 05, 2016 3:34 am

Spoiler:
4th Uktar, 1363 DR, 'The Year of the Wyvern'

I have made brief survey of the quality of the roads and security of the realm. The ways of this kingdom have clearly fallen into disrepair over both the long and the short term. Travelers are threatened by beasts and men.

I have personally seen to the dispatch of goblins and hobgoblins both close and afar of Sarshel. Vangoul has spoken of leading a party of our men to ensure that what remains in the areas we investigated are snuffed out. Guidance suggests another course of action should be taken.

Either Impiltur has faced harder times, for longer than news reached abroad, or there has been a longer history of neglect - the ennobled perhaps shirking their role as benefactors of the common men and women here.

I have been told that the long winter has caused widespread reverence of The Cold Goddess amongst the simple classes of the realm. They pray for the furious spirit not to take their limbs with frost and their lives with storm.

I have been told that there are only a handful of the Sufferers left in this region. Are the Triad in such disarray that, outside their townships, nothing can be secure?

I have received license to 'Proselytize'. It has been stated that this license grants permission to promote a non-Triadic deity and to bestow divine blessings upon those who seek them.

Nemesk has proven to be a source of information on the troubles in the region. We now know of daemon activity, and that the long winter drives active the goblin-kind of the Earthfasts foothills.

I have instructed Goodman to correspond with the host of the war captains of Sarshel to offer our goodwill and support in the the region.

I have also instructed Goodman to contact the region's Heartwarden. I have been told a chantry of Sune has been exposed to daemonic activity. If they accept our goodwill, we might also find good graces.

Regarding the matters of daemonic activity, I have decided that further discussions with local experts will have to be conducted with Ivarr present. His exper~

Previous Keepings
  • 7 Halanth 35 Sardil

Received Today
  • Nil. Speak to the Hands regarding donations immediately.
Expended Today
  • License fees:~ 6 Halanth
Cimeliarch's Keepings

1 Halanth 35 Sardil

Sarushan Folhana - Bard
Louhi Laakkonen - Priest

Artifice

Postby Artifice » Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:49 am

Spoiler:
5th Uktar, 1363 DR, 'The Year of the Wyvern'

I have seen our patron

[Tear marks ruin the page. The script is written in a shaking hand.]

I have overseen the riddance of a group of brigands set up to raid the roads of the region. Confiscations were taken from their fortification.

I have seen to the battle of goblins on Sarshel's outskirts. A rogue evocation sent me low. It is by the grace of the Broken One and his Sufferers that I was raised. I saw~

A Jerek Adler allegedly supported my rescue, with a donation. My security detail will need to be increased. Onryo will be used.

Entered Sarshel's ruined Temple. Saw the destruction left. Met Sister Kelda Adler. Sufferer. Told us about plans to defend the region with a newly raised fort, to provide jobs and security. Demonic infestation continues in the temple and the surrounding city. There are plans for a ritual to consecrate the temple. According to sister Adler there are few Sufferers, fewer servants of the Even Handed, and no~

Ivarr wishes to know more. I have offered my aid in their attempts to rid this place of the Great Enemy.

Previous Keepings
  • 1 Halanth 35 Sardil

Received Today
  • Donations:~ 1 Balan
  • Confiscated Assets:~ 3 Halanth 48 Sardil
Expended Today
  • Divine Entreaties:~ 1 Balan
Cimeliarch's Keepings

5 Halanth 33 Sardil

Sarushan Folhana - Bard
Louhi Laakkonen - Priest

Artifice

Postby Artifice » Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:28 am

Spoiler:
[A single page has an inked line slashed across it.]
Sarushan Folhana - Bard
Louhi Laakkonen - Priest

Artifice

Postby Artifice » Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:49 am

Spoiler:
6th Uktar, 1363 DR, 'The Year of the Wyvern'

Most of this day has been spent recovering in my quarters.

Else while, I have inspected the properties that Goodman has listed for me, available for purchase in Sarshel. I must consider the most suitable option for us to become established in the long term.

I have been told that Jerek Adler has extended invitation through Goodman for visit to his home. Arrangements must be made for this personal favour.

Inspecting the streets of Sarshel we found a body that had been left unburied, potentially for months! This speaks poorly indeed of the state of the local governance and churches.

Overseeing my hands, I have found indication that there was or is a Tanar'ri cult operating in Sarshel. It seems that one of their rituals went awry and a number of their followers were killed, before they abandoned the property to the violent forces they unleashed. They are to be rooted out and destroyed.

Assets were confiscated from this cult.

Armours and equipment required upkeep to maintain presentable standards.

Previous Keepings
  • 5 Halanth 33 Sardil

Received Today
  • Confiscated Assets:~ 4 Halanth
Expended Today
  • Equipment Upkeep:~ 35 Sardil
Cimeliarch's Keepings

8 Halanth 48 Sardil

Confirmed: L Laakkonen (Signed)
[/i]
Sarushan Folhana - Bard
Louhi Laakkonen - Priest

Artifice

Postby Artifice » Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:17 pm

Spoiler:
11th Uktar, 1363 DR, 'The Year of the Wyvern'

The past week has been busied with tasks quickly summarised yet most time consuming.

Corollary to the cult activities, we have come across a sapping attempt on Sarshel's wall. Whether this completed tunnel was with the intent to later cause physical damage or to enter and leave the city unseen has remained unconfirmed. I have instructed Goodman to write a missive to the necessary authorities and inform them of this matter.

There are violent men in the streets of Sarshel, killing and stealing. It is a wonder just how far the forces of law in this city can manage to disappoint me, the further I investigate the state of the region. I have had my hands intervene on more than one occasion now. I will have to raise the matter with the ennobled myself if this continues unchecked.

I have been advised of the work of an Elf named Havon of Suldanessellar. He openly worships Gargauth. Though he was last seen in Outentown many months ago, I have been warned that he seeks an alleged 'Metatext', though why he sought that in Impiltur baffles me.

I, Weir and Goodman provided assistance to a party of warriors which included a Tormite peacekeeper. We stopped a movement of brigands and a ghoul from further desecrating Sarshel's graveyards.

I oversaw my hands in stopping a Hobgoblin raid on a farmstead very much on the borders of Sarshel's domain. Ten enslaved men, women and children were released from their clutches. If this is happening through out the region, I must consider this opportunity to expand our work. Yet we remain few and as yet not established.

There will be a meeting between myself and Sister Adler in the week to come. Who else will be in attendance, I remain to see.

New armours needed to be purchased for Weir. His was damaged. Some lodgings and foods were required in our travels.

Previous Keepings
  • 8 Halanth 48 Sardil

Received Today
  • Confiscated Assets:~ 8 Halanth 16 Sardil
  • Donations:~ 37 Sardil
Expended Today
  • Equipment:~ 6 Halanth 34 Sardil
  • Food and Board:~ 28 Sardil
Cimeliarch's Keepings

10 Halanth 39 Sardil

[/i]
Sarushan Folhana - Bard
Louhi Laakkonen - Priest

Artifice

Postby Artifice » Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:31 pm

Spoiler:
6th Nightal, 1363 DR, 'The Year of the Wyvern'

Ivarr was murdered during his investigations. Our response to this is ongoing. His expertise will be difficult to replace. Goodman seems to have been sufficiently intimidated by this event as to have removed himself from his duties, without leave. His contract will be reviewed, should he present himself again.

After an attempt to see the streets before the temple put into a decent state was met with arms raised against me, I have concluded that at least one portion of the local so-called 'Triad' seeks to punish and oppress its people into a state of squalor and hopelessness. They called this penance, atonement. It is no wonder, then, that the people have been abandoning its scripture of late. What happened next did not surprise me.

The progression of open civil disobedience moved from despicable individuals speaking of heresy and treason in private encounters, to the near-precipitation of a riot at Sarshel's gates. It was the intervention of clergy - not the guard, for reasons unspecified - that had to find calm. What I have discovered from the ensuing dynamic of personalities is greatly concerning.

Following the incident, a great many families have offered their service and prayers to the Divine Right in exchange for Her boon. After discussion with the Sufferers Cassandra and Kelda Adler, I have agreed to take in those who were most outspoken and desperate, with the opportunity for food and work. This was done in exchange for finally receiving that meeting with Adler and her husband.

[Scribbled note]The man who saved me.

Food will be provided at a cost, subsidised by our funds outside of the treasury until it is affordable for them. Work will be provided for them in maintaining the region or, for those who are able bodied, assisting us in providing some measure of peace. They will earn their keep, and perhaps gain a measure for themselves, something greater for when the winter breaks.

The Sufferers have set up a so-called soup kitchen for those otherwise. I arranged for them a small package of food, as a gesture of goodwill. Yet this charity will inevitably make only victims out of the destitute who rely on it.

I finally gained an audience with the Dawnbringer Artemis D'Assanthe. The counsel was pleasant, with Adorned Cassandra in attendance, before we were interrupted. The one who raised arms at me before the temple, one who also rabble-roused before Sarshel's gate, sought to disrupt our discussions by undermining the purposes of prosperity and security. That one offers no cooperation, only wishing some sense of domination over our church and for the people to suffer 'penance'. From an attempt to break an accord with him, he also disrespects authority, and will not commit to helping the people of the realm in a tangible, committed way - rather shoveling snow in the town square, than helping protect food wagons.

My preliminary investigations have now then come to a close. As I have been invited by the Crown's agents into this country, now the letters of introduction have been issued to the ennobled and those of state throughout the region. In accordance with protocol, communication will be entered, travel between the domains will begin and blessings to provide prosperity, security and peace will be exchanged with them for counsel.

That we now have more hands asking to work now only means that we may provide assistance in the upkeep of the realms, where we do go.

Last night myself and Vangoul were made aware of the newfound threat to Impiltur. Valroc, who told us of the circumstances, bid us passivity. I have allowed him this, given the measure of the information provided. Yet I have cautioned him that should the choices of he and his companions put risk to the people, then I am obliged to act.

Previous Keepings
  • 10 Halanth 39 Sardil

Received Today
  • Donations:~ 1 Balan 5 Halanth 24 Sardil
  • Confiscated Assets:~ 1 Balan 8 Halanth 38 Sardil
Expended Today
  • Equipment Upkeep:~ 6 Halanth 15 Sardil
  • Food and Board:~ 2 Halanth 35 Sardil
Cimeliarch's Keepings

2 Balan 16 Halanth 1 Sardil

[/i]