The Writings of Artemis D'Assanthe

For character backgrounds and journals.
Copper Dragon

The Writings of Artemis D'Assanthe

Postby Copper Dragon » Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:49 pm

A charming little book, bound in leather, contains the following texts. The handwriting is feminine, neat and fond of perfectly round shapes for some letters. Most passages are written in a far southwestern variant of Chondathan; and a small locket keeps the book closed.

Should one care to read it they'd find it is a...

Diary
Of the 1st tenday of Ches, 1362DR.
Quite the duette of coincidences struck me - first the Maiden of Misfortune found it fit to laugh at my expense, taking the form of deft thieves who relieved me of my coinpouch just on the verge of the no-man's-land dubbed "Outentown"; then within the hour Lady Luck smiled that charming smile of hers by sending a most intriguing delegation of warriors; an Adorned of Ilmater; and a Paladin of... he did not say... but I do assume Lady Sune or perhaps that abstract Tethyrian figure that has been gaining some popularity, the Red Knight. How courteous - and wise? - of them to have noticed me, and three-fold courteous - and wise! - of them to have accepted my offer to accompany them. Here I am now, writing this on a pleasant roadside break, on our way to another Impilturan town called Vlasta.

Now, my companions have reassured me that the journey to it will be long yet; but it is all but relative. The fact that I hadn't heard of Vlasta previously didn't confirm anything. The fact that a small contingent of the Impilturan army hadn't heard of Vlasta previously however showed how very much this town must be off the maps! That, or my companions were frauds and Vlasta was but an elaborate lie, but that for my part was just a jest. One that the Impilturan soldiers did not take lightly, bless them for their kind worry for me!

Still, it is exactly on the peripheries of nations and societies that our work - the Dawnbringers' work - is required and, hopefully, appreciated. Given that I am travelling with a divine knight and warriors I suspect combat to be a possibility; given that an Ilmatari Adorned is accompanying the armed band as well, perhaps I should be suspecting combat to be a very plausible likelihood. Normally I would assume that it is the priest that is being accompanied by armed forces to ensure the clerical missive's success, but in this instance that is clearly not the case. The swordsmen - mister Connor and Mastan - made jests and tried to spook me about what we would be facing, but they were obviously attempting to make me nervous, and only to some extent succeeded; I will not fall for such. Should it come to battle, surely I will be of considerable use myself!
Last edited by Copper Dragon on Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Plays:
Artemis D'Assanthe, Dawnmaster
Udhana, the Kinless
Dhovainithil, Silver Elf
Jhasira of the Bai Kabor, Dawnbringer (deceased)

Copper Dragon

Postby Copper Dragon » Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:54 pm

Diary
8th Ches, 1362DR.
We are in the town of Vlasta.

We - lord Jerek, lady Kelda, the misters Simhan, Connor, Mastan, miss Fenneken and Lathader be kind, Elis - have ventured into the marshlands not far from the town.

They had not just been making jokes.

My body cannot decide if I should be weeping, or laughing in gratitude for being alive. How was this not some dream? Clearly my confidence in my abilities was ill-founded. Out there... my inner voice screamed at me, clawed at me like my teachings were just a thin veil rather than the shield it was supposed to be.

Absurd. Trolls; gargantuan lizards; more trolls; some beast that turned Connor's armour, then helm, then sword to dust; more trolls; the bear; the magic of miss Fenneken; living marsh lights; and in the very end Ghouls, the worst abominations of all.

Absurd.
Plays:
Udhana, the Kinless
Dhovainithil, Silver Elf

Copper Dragon

Postby Copper Dragon » Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:55 pm

Diary
9th Ches, 1362DR.
But behold! I experienced no nightmares. I have come to witness first-hand however how much greatness and humility a human shell could hold; and how much horror the skin can conceal, ready to appear at a moment's notice. The Paladin of Lady Firehair and the Ilmatari Adorned are examples of the former; the creature Elis and the miss Fenneken represent the latter. Miss Fenneken wields magic that borders on the eerie and strange, although I can still make an attempt to make wizardry relative; but how that other woman... how she turned into a beast...

What utterly puzzles me is that either I was the only one who noticed what the two were doing in that troll den, or the others present somehow, in some unearthly fashion did not find it as unsettling as I did. I - the sole Lathanderite present; we who see the best in everything and we who must not succumb to petty suspicions and dark thoughts. How was I the only one? Now, it was night at the time, and perhaps Selune's magic maddened my mind, but never in my life before have I experienced her magic strike lunacy into me; so it boils down to either me or them having become craven.

What a delightful thought.

I will make the attempt to shed light on this.

9th Ches, 1362DR. Evening.
I could speak to - among others - Elis. She has taken the initiative to "discuss" the expedition's... details with me. That gesture in itself has its merits but of course is not enough. Allegedly she is a Forestarm of the woodland goddess Mielikki, whose name I have heard before plentiful times in the Dalelands but could not bother caring much for.

No were-creature she is, she claims. I know little of them in truth; and I would keep it that way. That an Elf, the lady Valindra whom I encountered today, did not seem alarmed at Elis' explanation offered me a tinge of hope that she did speak in honesty and not only to put me under a spell; for that would have been my alternative idea at the present situation - that she managed to bewitch all her companions during, or prior, to the venture.

Indeed, I am still not fully convinced, and questions by the dozens keep racing through my thoughts, but silence and fear shall not solve anything. Instead, Elis and lady Valindra uppered that the quaint rural Vlasta is in the shadow of an orcish threat. Those I have met the trolls with were beyond skilled; I see that somehow the outskirts of civilisation here in Impiltur are being cared for by warriors and hunters as competent as these eager people, and so I am certain we can - and we will - lead a successful hunt against the orcs! And along the way I shall learn of Elis and perhaps - if shining Lathander wills it! - the dark mystery shrouding her will be dispelled. Hopefully on my return I will write greatly reassured - or even more greatly determined to stand up against her witchery.
Plays:
Udhana, the Kinless
Dhovainithil, Silver Elf

Copper Dragon

Postby Copper Dragon » Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:56 pm

Perhaps the keen reader will note that the next entry is only two days later. A few small ink blots at the top of the page may indicate how the author considered making new notes but then for some reason decided not to.

11th Ches, 1362DR.
It was both so rattling and impressive, how the members of the expedition into troll territory behaved: confident; calm; almost leisurely. It was easy to mimic it and pretend that an orc hunt would be a matter to smile at.

Quickly I was reminded: the sun is a beautiful gift - but blinds when looked upon, and so does glory when one casually basks in it.

I have recovered enough to record this, but I cannot afford to succumb to self-pity. To the guilt and powerlessness. Four companions - Amira; Aryen; Valindra and Elis - were felled. Three of those are apparently going to receive the best care the Impilturan healers can provide, and I must ensure the fourth, the hunter Aryen, shall receive the same.

We are fortunate that it is spring and caravans travel as frequently as they do from this hidden-away town to the regional 'capitol'.
Plays:
Udhana, the Kinless
Dhovainithil, Silver Elf

Copper Dragon

Diary
Of the 2nd tenday of Ches, 1362DR.
Aryen's recovery was amazing; uplifting. He - and Amira, Valindra, and Elis; no, in fact each of us who had been there - has been offered a new life, indeed a rebirth, after that terrible misadventure.

In truth I still do not know where precisely it went awry; what more I could have personally done once we were in that situation. I wish to know, for struggle isn't timed at our choosing. Evil and strife will not come when we feel most ready. We must learn - I, must learn. Surely we should have avoided approaching the orcish encampment, or could have retreated to battle them another day, but once we had made the decision to seek them out we could have made more appropriate, more tactical decisions. Or could we?

Though I have travelled across the greater length of Faerun I have never made a conscious choice to assault an orc warband's lair. Indeed, I have avoided conflict despite how eagerly I have read tales of heroics, of the conquered trials of the Knights of the Order of the Aster. I remember how yearningly I had watched knights of the very same order set out with a gifted Cleric at their side.

I believed myself to be gifted too for the longest time. After all - not all of us who preach the Morninglord's joyous prayers are granted His blessings. Furthermore, not everyone who preaches His name, or any other higher power's, ends up in that faith out of their own volition. I chose to enter Lathander's church on my own accord, and I learned quickly and with an eager heart; I thought this was why He so graciously granted me His favour.

That was shortsighted of me. I have travelled far but I have never left the path of safety; dreamt of making a difference but never faced the harsh opposition. Indeed, I see it more clearly now what more the Morninglord could wish of me. What good is faith if one does not act upon it? If one does not daily push the cause forward? If one does not attempt to overcome the setbacks, fears and failures?

In that orc den we were reborn. I was reborn: bloody and ashen and dark as the caves were, somehow we each returned from them... and we each live.

Now, what challenge comes next?
Plays:
Udhana, the Kinless
Dhovainithil, Silver Elf

Copper Dragon

Diary
Of the 1st tenday of Tarsakh, 1362DR.
With the morning sermons I have started to establish something I dare call a routine; parts of this new, relatively stable schedule remind me of my time at the Dome of Rose where we, the Awakened had to prepare morning speeches, except now it is not every seventh day that it is my turn but every day that I stand before an audience. Every day that I can spend in Sarshel, that is, and the audience is one that varies in size daily. I would like to think it grows; I certainly appreciate the attention my dawngreetings do receive!

The people of Sarshel and its surrounds are hardy and stoic, no doubt in part thanks to the astute, prudent and regimented teachings of the Triad; teachings which trickle through the cold damp stones, soil and hardened skin that Impilturans possess. Their warmth for hearth, family and guests can - and should - yet extend itself to their view on commerce and investing in their future. It feels as though some are content with the day-to-day struggle, while what nobles frequent Sarshel are not at all as industrial and charitable as their ilk are in Athkatla. These are first impressions however: I have only been here for so long, after all. More to be seen.

My days are not only productive in regards to sermons; the region's activists, mostly foreigners non-surprisingly, sometimes turn to me for assistance in braving the threats of the countryside. Other times they are eager to tell me of such threats when I ask them, and I have had honest and capable companions. This is good; I feel we are accomplishing much, and Sir Jossos' training is further finding its rightful place in my mind and my swing (I do hope he is well! I should write him a letter, and High Morninglord Igleias also).

Now that I am in such a contemplative mood... mayhaps there is more yet for me to reflect upon and set in ink. I cannot deny after all that since that expedition into the marshes surrounding Vlasta, and after having returned alive from the orcish den, that I have further shaken the shock and fear off my shoulders. No longer do I feel my heart in my throat as we enter a dark, dangerous cave. No longer do I hear the rushing throb in my ears when no companion speaks and we wait. And no longer do I sense the shiver in my grip when a goblin assaults us. It is an immense change - a wonderful growth! - compared to the recent past, and compared to those years back, when I was to train with Dalrian. Oh, how clueless I was then!

But most importantly, I find it isn't only the physical ability to face the harsh and violent threats to civilization that has... solidified. It is also my trust in Lathander to be where I need to be that has flourished. It sounds such an idle or arrogant thing to say. Yet I know I would not have wanted to be anywhere else in the world when our recent expeditionists and I have struck on bugbears, and dealt them a blow, and - yes! Powers be praised - freed their slaves.

Bloodied, wounded, aching, exhausted and drenched I might have been then... I could not have been happier to see them go. I could not have been happier. In the end; they suffered greatly, and we did suffer as well - such must not be ignored - and we could not save them all. But we did come and we did save lives. And, mostly indirectly, that is what such expeditions are capable of doing, and are making the way free to a rising, prosperous society. May our efforts out there - and the trials and hard work of all - bring us strength and growth indeed.

I will work that example into the morning sermon. Also, lest I forget, I better start writing down notes soon about some of the interesting individuals I have worked together with.
Plays:
Udhana, the Kinless
Dhovainithil, Silver Elf

Copper Dragon

Postby Copper Dragon » Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:57 pm

Diary
Of the 16th of Tarsakh, 1362DR.
The few days prior have been spent revealing as much as could be regarding a magical wand - and the shrines of malign powers in the western mountains, near one of which the vile item was found (by others than myself, it must be added). Ah, the mountains! The Earthspurs they are called; or was it Earthfast? I keep forgetting. Semantics aside, our mission was valuable and very well executed! As expected.

I've corresponded with the Temple of the Triad on this whole topic - in fact it was they who hoped to rely on me to lead others out into the field and learn more first-hand about the wand's finding location and the sickening altars in the tunnels - and they have shown how much they care for the prevension of troubles that might sprout in the wake of villains who treasure such enchanted rods and worship such dark gods. Stiff as always, those of the Triad; but complaining about them would be in such needlessly ill taste, and I'm pleased that they opted for a collaboration between churches, theirs and Lathander's, rather than taking matters in their own hands! That would have been unhandy. A tad like their monopolising regulisations, but I digress.

Regarding all this I've had the good fortune of speaking with the Triadist templemaster himself - the Tyrran abbot Aulenbryn. An old man, but with great underlying energy - and I have to say handsome! Oh how you would laugh at me, Jeane; I still have a thing for the aging warrior-type. But what moreso needs recording here, is that aside from the conversation having been productive and elevating, it was to me personally also an interesting experience. I have played a minor representative role before in front of small gatherings in Athkatla, but never have I represented my faith in front of another's leading figure; as if inadvertedly I have stepped up to a church leading role myself in that counselling chamber. Isn't that thrilling?

And back to the revelations about the wand: now we must rely on the Triadists' access to libraries and records that could push us forward. Given how slowly my exchange has been going with the appointed Triadist correspondent, a certain lawkeeper Krieger, I can only assume the matter will require perseverence and a healthy watchfulness. I pray to the Morninglord that I'll interpret His signs wherever I may stumble upon them next!

I have decided also to seize the opportunity and travel to the Halls of the Morning Light in Raven's Bluff! I will be leaving straight in the morning. Traffic is blooming and the roads are less muddy with each day, and I have much to tell Dawnmaster Loras Evendell. I should be back soon enough, and any correspondence in that time I asked to be sent to the Halls. I don't expect to stay there overly long, but it will be a perfect time to crystallise some thoughts. Oh, just perfect! I do verily hope that in the meantime all will be well with the Impilturans and Adventurers. I am starting to like them!

(Well, and learning to tolerate some others. That is equally good news!)
Plays:
Udhana, the Kinless
Dhovainithil, Silver Elf

Copper Dragon

Postby Copper Dragon » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:05 pm

Diary
Notes.

The following notes were written during the caravan trip to Raven's Bluff in the end of Tarsakh, 1362DR. Below are several paragraphs, sometimes a whole page, dedicated to individuals. Space is left after such notes for future remarks. A few pages are furthermore left blank for further entries and additions.

Jerek of Lady Firehair, Paladin and Member of the Order of the Ruby Rose.
As of Tarsakh 1362DR, we have only met a good handful of occasions, but - perhaps because of first impressions; perhaps because one of Sune and Lathander can only be agreeable - he deserves to be mentioned first among my acquaintances in Impiltur. His was the adventuring group I first joined upon my arrival in the country, and by the end of our collective journey I sure was overwhelmed.
A very tactical and gifted warrior, and a great supporting pillar to a newly arrived, unwary Dawngreeter; though his occasionally casual attitude - and his smile, one must admit - throws me off-guard. It's not surprising that women would be swooning, or yes, writing over him. Moreso that he already committed his heart to one particular person. I believe she deserves a good man's affections like his and they are seamless together.
I have seen him stand against Trolls and lead a band with both authority and flexibility. All of those statements are to my mind impressive.
As of the same month and year his residence with his beloved (betrothed?) is 8 Monument Lane, Sarshel.
Added, He has become truly favoured by Lady Love: his prayers are answered with visible powers, and he has a holy steed.
Added, In early 1363DR, he has given his faith to the Crying God. He serves his Lord stalwartly.

Kelda Adler, Adorned of Ilmater.
Seen equally frequently as sir Jerek up to this point, the lady Kelda - who prefers not to be called as such, though courtesy towards her priestly station demands it, at least where I come from - was one among the first Adventurers I've met in this country. Her devotion to the Broken God is inspiring, though she barely preached about her faith in our company at all. Humility and dry humour are both hers, and maybe the former is what invites Ilmater to bless her with such spells as he does. Ilmatari have always been strange, if commendable in their consequentiality in that regard: clad in the most basic to sympathise with the lowly, rather than wearing finery to inspire them to reach high and work hard.
Kelda's divine favour is heartening for me to have seen, and may the powers be good to her. I find it only odd how she hasn't claimed a title or place in the Triadist hierarchy of Impiltur; though that, again, might be something Ilmatari.
Added, Strong, practical and kind, I wish I could nurture a friendship with her where I'm not the only one confessing troubles to her. Ilmatari...
Added, Sister Kelda is well-respected in Sarshel. I'm happy to call her one of my closest friends.

Mastan Brinseph, warrior of sword and shield.
If I have seen sir Jerek and lady Kelda rarely, then up to now (Tarsakh) that doubly goes for mister Mastan - a calm and level-headed, practical fighter. He was part of the adventuring band whose company I first enjoyed in Impiltur; at this point I do hope to hear from him again.
Added, In Kythorn I spoke to him again; he holds himself well and strong.

Connor Pierce, warrior of sword and shield.
Member of that initial, fateful adventuring encounter, and one whom I've seen a few other times also. He was the most light-hearted of that group - and maybe the light-headed, too, but he's skilled and unflinching in battle, even when he faced Trolls. I knew him no longer and no better than mister Mastan; but compared to the latter Connor is an open book, one whose emotions are written in his every move and expression. Maybe for this reason more often than not he hid his face behind his helmet. Connor's was the armour that some steel-withering monster ate away in front of our very eyes.
He has, or at least had, a fancy for me, but his over-eagerness in battle - and his temperament - stiffled what interest I might have had in him if I had been looking for a commitment of the sort. He gave me a Worry Stone, a gesture I still appreciate.
Added, Though I still carry the Worry Stone, I haven't seen Connor anymore.

Elis, the Lady of the Antlers, the Forestarm of Mielikki, half-elven.
The most unsettling young woman I have seen: she, the druidess, of whom I couldn't be sure she was more woman or more beast-animal. What she could do haunts me! Sometimes I'm still worried that the rustle of leaves along my path signals her strange presence. But some call her a friend or at least an ally, and she has protected us with her blood and life in an Orcish den; a debt I will not forget. She looks also by all accounts young, and that has me ponder.
Added, With the passage of months she's become a remarkable ally, whose opinions and struggles interest me more and more. Still, her powers remain brutal and fearsome to behold.

Celith of the Winged Arrows, elf hunter.
One of the first - few - elves I have met in Impiltur and travelled alongside. We were the last standing when our group got decimated in an Orcish den, and for my part that forged a camaradery little else can. I have spoken much with him about the Unliving, as he bears as great a desire to fight them as the fabled sir Hlajio Don in Athkatla.
Added, I find myself having grown feelings for him, although he'll likely have eyes for one of his kind rather than me.
Added, We spoke about this. I wish him the best with Kallian.

Jonan Mard, sellsword, walking dictionary of insults.
I honestly cannot say why I keep believing this man has a heart somewhere. Morninglord forgive my cynicism. He is however an astonishing swordsman.
Added, And a friend.

Ornak, sellsword, the black mountain, half-orcish.
Mister Ornak's greatest qualities lie elsewhere than his looks; but if one does not fear to approach him he treats you with what courtesy is given him by the gods. He is a half-breed, and while any self-respecting Amnian is taught to revile his kind I could never help but sympathise somewhere for those of his lot. Some might see fierceness in him, I see protectiveness; some see brutality, I see determination. He would do well to groom himself better but there are plenty of handsome men to see elsewhere!
Added, As expected, Sarshel did not tolerate him forever, but now he has an outpost to guard and a lord to serve by Outentown.

Aryen Caladras, the Dalesman, the hunter.
A good if very reserved man whom I would like to call a friend - though I am not sure he calls any that. He is practical and straightforward, and blessed with a rare, raw form of patience on one hand and a great amount of skepticism on the other. Great with blade and bow, less with courtesy and eye contact. His shyness is endearing.
Added, He has become a greater hunter still, with none other than a wild wolf heeding his commands.
Added, Difficult to imagine a better friend.

Corker, 'rogue warrior'.
An Impilturan, mister Corker is a sensible swordsman, skilled, and with good intentions. He follows the Triad like his kinsmen, but his attitudes and smiles towards the world around him are far more Lathanderite. The Spring Song of Dawn of 1362DR I sang together with him.
Added, He is a good and responsible man who carries his companions' weight on his shoulder. I pray for him to Lathander to lighten that lest the rains of darker days rust his heart.

Fenneken, mage of mists and marshes, half-elven.
A strange woman, miss Fenneken: there is much about her wit I enjoy and much about her magic and ways that keep me sharp. She is the only other half-elf besides Elis that I know of in the country as of yet, but I don't feel this binding us. If anything she seems neither elven nor human; she seems isolated, someone walking a completely different path than any other, and that both intrigues me and has me stay alert. She seems to reside in the remote village of Vlasta.
Added, I'm wary of her magic and the way she treats the dead.
Added, While we had a deeper, relevatory conversation, it bothers me that I have not seen her since; for two or more months now as of late Uktar 1362DR.

Noal Dagar, Master of the Illusionist's Art.
Aside from the most embarassing first encounter... ever... mister Noal and I relate well to each other. He relates to me a little too well. His advances are brave and confident, but misplaced and a tad uncomfortable, and he takes my refusals, I assume, as a challenge. He's an Adventurer also but you would not think it; his scholarly build, both the physical and mental, are meant for places of mystery, not danger.
Even after years of having left home it is strange to think that mages can be proud and open about their activities without being as leashed as in Amn. The Impilturan method of taxation seems to work well enough.
Added, He's shown affection and has attempted to court me despite my polite rebuttals.
Added, He has set up a shop in the southern districts of Sarshel.
Added, Lady Kelda has warned me of his quirks and strange behaviours.
Added, Mister Perry, his room mate, is concerned over his disappearance, and so am I. Unfortunately what trail he had has grown cold, and the only wildland trackers that may assist me do not seem intent on assisting. I pray the Morninglord guides that man.
Added, He has returned under questionable, eerie circumstances.

Kallian, the elusive one, elf.
Kallian prefers not being addressed by any title, nor has she given me more than her first name, if this is her true first name. The elf is an enigma - one who knows who she is and what the world is about but she will not tell you. She is broad-shouldered and toned for a woman - or elf? - , but it is her cold eyes and dyed hair that strike you the most, first.
Added, She is a fond acquaintance, I hope to see her more. Mayhaps less in the company of Celith.

Roland Arroway, Everwatch Knight.
The good Helmite - although his god has been most unforgiving and questionable during the Time of Troubles - has kept watch over my morning sermons in Sarshel's city square, and did so without a single request from me. I enjoy his silent, guarding presence, though as of Tarsakh I know little about him personally.

Perry Quickfoot, the hin who carried an anvil, locksmith.
Mister Perry is as likeable as many of his kind, though as any good Athkatlan I check for my purse every time he - or other hin - have concluded business with me. He's a hard-working man though, as evidenced by that time he insisted on dragging an anvil from the road to Sarshel's gates. He was not wrong that the anvil was worth a fortune! Ah, hin.
Added, He's opened a business in the southern districts of Sarshel.
Added, In Eleasias, mister Perry, sir Jerek and mister Nathaniel have recovered an Impilturan artifact. What a feat!
Added, Marpenoth he greatly undermined a negotiation I was leading.

Sagi, sailor-turned-performer, Adventurer.
Mister Sagi is every young Amnian noble's dream-man: dashing, carefree, confident... and something mysterious just under the surface. He partakes in daring adventures but thankfully hasn't retained scars from it. He must have travelled the greater length of the world.
Added, I understand now why he feels the need to travel and seek danger.
Added, He is making plans for retirement, and an inn is part of those plans - curious, and may he fare well and find it in him to settle down.

Nathaniel Askovar, gifted bard from The Shaar.
Mister Nathaniel is young, lively, creative and resourceful: a born Lathanderite, if one could ask for such. He is gifted with a wonderful voice and many talents.
Added, He sang the Song of Dawn with me and mister Sagi at Midsummer of 1362DR, as I hoped he would.

Lady Peveril, enchantress from Lyrabar.
Few are those that match my tastes for the finer things as Lady Peveril does, and her immaculate courtesy is only matched by her wit. I was surprised to learn that she was no mere scholar but a wizardess in her own right.
Added, A cherished acquaintance. Lori is her first name.

Aleira Nemesk, ranger and warden of Outentown.
A respectable woman of Impilturan descent, miss Aleira is a determined, diligent soul. She is responsible, and her greatest fault is that she does not wear dresses; yet behind that seems to lie a particular reason, a sensitive one, possibly. Her insights, both pragmatic and moral ones, have been appreciated.

Merney Valroc, hedge knight from Damara.
A rough-around-the-edges individual and former soldier.

Lady Scion Louhi Laakkonen of Siamorphe.
An imperious priestess of the Divine Right, lady Laakkonen exhibits all that her goddess could require; regality, sternness, responsibility. She also has an air of superiority, one that reminds me of home, and although I am fond of it, it is a dangerous approach that will, and already has, made her clash with others.

Furthermore, entries have been made for others who do not go on expeditions or seek out adventure.
One entry is reserved for Haron Aulenbryn, abbot of Sarshel's Triadic temple.
A handful of farmers, craftsmen and merchants who frequently approached the author on the city square of Sarshel after her sermons are also mentioned.
The fine tailor of Annelies' boutique with whom the author allegedly enjoyed gossip and fashion-discussions has an entry.
Miss Sommerchein of Outentown and her babe have an entry; the author supposedly frequently checks up on their health.
Lord Ashkyr Relindar, owner of the Drumaire estate and ruler of Holmwich vale among other places, has an entry; as do Lady Rilaunyr and lord Silaunbrar of Sarshel; and the "mayor" of Relgar, a certain Fred the fisherman.

OOC: I wish I could have mentioned every PC she's met, but this post is long as it is!
Last edited by Copper Dragon on Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Plays:
Udhana, the Kinless
Dhovainithil, Silver Elf

Copper Dragon

Postby Copper Dragon » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:05 pm

Diary
Of the 24th Tarsakh, 1362DR.
Dawnmaster Loras Evendell is going to make it official - tomorrow morning I will be elevated to the rank of Dawnlord. It has been a wonderful and rich four years that have led up to this, eventful doesn't begin to describe them!, and looking back I have no regrets. Some earn the title much earlier, and some never, and while one half of my heart couldn't be prouder, the other half wonders if I've done enough to warrant a promotion. I was a wandering priestess up until the past two months, and in a manner of speaking I still am without a permanent residence, and thus haven't established a clientelle or built up contacts and support for any one particular temple.

That was of course a disadvantage I accepted when leaving the Dome of Rose and Athkatla behind. Departure from the known had its downsides, but New is better. I have had the chance to serve the Morninglord in a much more raw, a much closer manner than many! Indeed, I have travelled as far East as there are temples to Him, and found the land where His songs aren't anymore, or yet!, sung; I have lived under no senior's guidance higher than my own, with only Lathander my one persistent companion. That was my joy and achievement.

Dawnlord Artemis D'Assanthe. Outsiders will be confused by the masculine title, as they usually are, and likely I will not flaunt it about. Dawnbringer draws a smile to people's face. During official encounters Dawnlord will serve well, and it might actually be the highest rank in Impiltur - and oh, is Dawnlord still a humble title! In Athkatla or Waterdeep I would likely even with that rank be as good as a novice in the greater scheme of things. But out here on the fringe of prosperity and civilization it'll sound impressive. Odd how time and place affect us.

Meanwhile it seems I've received no correspondence yet from lawkeeper Krieger, and that is resplendent! No news is good news.

On an abrupt note, I best find sleep! Oh, Impiltur! Soon I come again.
Plays:
Udhana, the Kinless
Dhovainithil, Silver Elf

Copper Dragon

Postby Copper Dragon » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:06 pm

Diary
Of the 12th of Mirtul, 1362DR.
My welcome to Impiltur has been warm, and it looks as though the strengthening daylight has driven most monsterly tribes back to more covert activity, as far as I could deduct from the rumours passing. I've already spurred an expedition to a den of trickster kobolds and their allies, bugbears, and we all came out unharmed and victorious - but, I must not let my thoughts take root around these violent excursions. The sight of blood and wounds are not unfamiliar, not anymore, but they can strain the spirit and shake one's joy in the small, peaceful things. Indeed, between these missions there has to be time for civility and pleasantries - perhaps to hide the horrors of our battles; perhaps to restore our humanity and our will each time. Quite like soothing sunlight itself after the pitch-black caves.

I've spent that 'time for civility' at Outentown's tavern, where most notable were two conversations I had recently. For one, mister Corker has decided to consult me about concerns of his, and I am confident that he will carry on and yes, inspire others even, in his characteristically humble yet steadfast ways. I am slightly unsure of my part in all that - really, he is verily a determined individual on his own - but I am glad he turned to someone to voice his worries.

The second conversation I had was with mister Jonan that left an impression - and I am sure that those who see him would not say it is a good impression, but after some comments he made I might beg to differ. A little. Not entirely, of course. A shame, truly, that we focus often on what is shown to us - and not the things that are kept hidden, unwittingly or by design. Mister Jonan's sliver of civil conduct is something I'm thankful for rather than something I would like to condemn... he is a man who hates, but it could be far, far worse. Mayhaps there is something to work with there if anyone would seize the chance.

He brings me to another topic however - a flattering remark of his, if mister Jonan is capable of flattery, but one that had me wonder nonetheless. Mister Jonan commented, after learning that I was twentynine summers old, that I looked as if I had seen twenty.

Such a trivial compliment, but it tackles a part of me. In fact if one were so inclined they could point out that the statements I make about 'our' humanity are only 'half' mine. Should my complexion be attributed to my happy thoughts and rare frowns? Or to the Elf whose blood I carry?

In my years-of-ten I relished being this unique creature that my friends seemed to both admire and envy, and I was certain I would find rivetting answers to the world's big questions because I was born stigmatised and yet so special. Meanwhile, outside of Athkatla and Amn, I have felt more human than ever - out here where monstrous enemies unite us and blur our differences. The years are passing, though, and they seem not to affect me as they should; nor do I seem to care about their passage as I should.

When I had set out from the Dome of Rose a part of me hoped, and another part prayed to Shaundakul, that I would somewhere somehow stumble upon Uthalassaïr during my travels. I have made due with the lack of his presence and example, but inside the anxiety stirs that maybe there is a part of me only an Elf could nurture, and that is a strange feeling indeed; I wish I could have shared it with him. I have crossed the bredth of Faerûn and have not even heard mention of him by any of the aliases by which my mother and madame Olorea had known him. My eyes and ears stay open for any poetry he might have spread or any Elf he might keep company, but he hasn't answered me across the roads and songs yet. I wonder if he sings songs of that fateful night?
Plays:
Udhana, the Kinless
Dhovainithil, Silver Elf