Lori's Tale

For character backgrounds and journals.
Highlander

Re: Lori's Tale

Postby Highlander » Fri Nov 25, 2016 4:08 pm

There is much that could be written of the research and delvings that have gone on in the last few moons, and not just those I have carried out. The blade, or what was left of it, was a dead end, a wild goose chase, a pursuit of nothing..whatever one wishes to call it, those tendays spent studying it are gone, and not to be replaced with anything more productive. Such is the way of this line of work however, for if it were easy and all the answers known before begining, then everyone would do it. The seeking of patterns among the chaos, of repetition of behaviour - this is not so foolish, although I am sure Hroin would disagree, but I am convinced that we must keep half an eye on the events of seven centuries past as much as we look to the future. Another trip to Songhall beckons, to look into Cassandra's ideas, and to catch up with the Thaumturgist to see if his theories are further advanced. Much to do, and there is also, lingering in the background, Noal, and whatever his mind may be hiding. I have some plans in that direction, but they rather rely on his cooperation, and in that respect I need to get hold of him before some others do; I hope he will not be tardy in taking up my invitation. Another task fell to me, courtesy of Anton, to try and track the creature down..as if it leaves tracks in the snow like a deer. Its tracks will be elsewhere, in different form..and perhaps detectable by those who share its traits, but that was not an idea I would float in front of a paladin. Fighting chaos and deceit with chaos and deceit - there lies a way to be made into an eternally tormented brick, but may also be the way to reveal what we need to know. Tread carefully, and more carefully still. It was a relief almost to venture along the southern coasts, and something of a surprise to have almost by accident run into the first trace of the pirates who sunk our ship and killed my brother those years ago. An enemy of mortal flesh, and malleable mind..more to my taste than the abyssal, but one does not always get ones preference, in friends, loves or foes. It seems that the Blackraven is ashore, after his ship and crew were defeated. A bittersweet moment to see their bodies dangling from the yardarms, but while it was not me that put them there, the captain still lives and it is he who drove them and organised them. Three more are dead in the water now, but the one other I let live..a simple minded lackey, but he may be of some use to keep the treasure hidden, I need to see inside those chests, and his now solitary watch on that remote beach will not be a joyful one. I have a name now, and a description, but still a conflict of indecision of what I will actually do with him.
Lori Peveril: Enchanter
Auri: Mountian Druid
Riva Merys: Mystran Priest
Theli Ironfist: Dwarf Monk
Reyne Kendrick: Sneak