Return of Ilmater's Knight

For character backgrounds and journals.
Shadowtim3

Return of Ilmater's Knight

Postby Shadowtim3 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:21 am

I take no credit. I am not the original artist.

Name: Timothy Skyraven
Age group: Young Adult.
Hair: Black
Eyes: Blue

Goal:
Primary: Build a paladin order dedicated to Ilmater.
Secondary: Rebuild the Skyraven Clan in the Reach.

Pre-leaving
Timothy was born in the temperate hills of Damara, to a paladin lord and a priestess of Ilmater of a nameless hamlet on the western most border of the kingdom. Supported by the local militia, due to the Skyraven clan's noble social status. His father ensured the militia was well prepared for the bandits and raiders that attacked the weakened nation.

His father ruled both publicly and privately in a fair and honorable manner. His clan historically serving Ilmater as their patron deity. Tim and his siblings were raised up to be honorable and fair as well. They were well behaved and brought pride to the villagers giving his parents a very good reputaiton amoung them and the courts in the capital of Heliogabalus. They supported the king of Damara, his father going so far as pledging his clans service to Dragonbane when he became king.

His father led the clan. Ensuring that tradtions were followed as set down by a successful hero that founded the clan and swore fealty to the King of Damra in ages past. And went through the records of his house with his heir, Timothy. Teaching him how to read and write various languages in the process. His mother sent him to learn the workings of the lands politics and politics of other lands. Once his schooling was finished, Tim spoke in length with his father, who took him under his wing to learn how to be a paladin and the added duties there in.

Before he was sent to learn the nations politics, Tim use to travel to the capital often with his father. As a valet of his father, he had his first taste of battle. Helping his father and the militia fight agaisnt the slavers of Thay. Tim found that he hated the battle, though afterwards he helped heal and tend to the wounded.

Pre-returning
The conflicts with raiders has cost Tim much. His parents died before time rescued and ensured that his twin sisters and the youngest brother reached Sarshel by a caravan. Tim, with a group of surviving militiamen, rescued those he could from the bandit camp. He tried his best but during the battle he was knocked into a coma by a mace to the back of his helm.

The young chevalier wasn't without friends. His old mentor, the captian of the militia, stood watch over the paladin. Greeting him with a friendly smile and wellmeaning but harsh words. Tim went to the capital, and with the kings blessing was released from his father's oath as his once good noble clan was all but destroyed. Tim promised the king that he would rebuild the noble clan, but not in Damara, rather in Impiltur.
Last edited by Shadowtim3 on Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Timothy Skyraven, Paladin of Ilmater (Main)
Beldur Wolfheart

Shadowtim3

Re: Return of Ilmater's Knight

Postby Shadowtim3 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:43 pm

Oath's Timothy has sworn:

Paladin Oaths:
Paladin's Oath:

"I swear to never lie. To never steal. To be honorable, and just. To be a shield unto those around me, and a comfort for those who in need. I will follow the laws of Ilmater and the laws of the land, and uphold them. I shall act with compassion, mercy, and honesty. To help and heal all who are in need, no matter who they are. I will always seek to rehabiliate evil first, guiding it toward atonement, and use violence only when all else fails, or when faced with extreme cruelty or absolute evil."

Oath of Peace:
"I will keep my sword sheathed, unless the need to defend myself is required. I will strive to bring peace without the use of arms, but with words if I can."

Personal Oaths:
Oath of rebuilding:

"I swear to rebuild my clan to it's former glory. I strive to guide it as my ancestors did along the teachings of Ilmater. And should I fail, then may I be judged accordingly."

Beldur Wolfheart

Shadowtim3

Re: Return of Ilmater's Knight

Postby Shadowtim3 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:03 pm

Journal entry, One:

I recently purchased this journal to help me with remembering what happened in these coming days. My sisters, Silvia, and Lilvia, are trying to learn their spells, I should see to it that they get into a good school where they can learn freely how to use their magic. My brother, Baldric, hasn't spoken much, though I don't blame him. He was badly scared by the bandits that had him in their custody. I'm working with him to help with that. I fear that he might've lost faith in man, however.

I saw many friends from when I last was here. The most welcoming was Kelda, a cleric of Ilmater and a dear friend. When I told her of my plans, and oath to King Dragonsbane of Damara, she suggested a lord. Lord Rykard Warsalanydryl of Brigtun Barrow. I heard rumors about him from merchants when I asked, so I decided to head to the village myself. We'll see what the people think of him and see if I can't meet him myself.

I can't put what's left of my family in any risk. So for now they reside in the tavern. I pay for their room as best I can and see to their needs. And Pray to Ilmater that my sisters don't burn the place down with their practice. Maybe I should ask the barkeep if he heard of any mage towers that they can study at.

Beldur Wolfheart