Journal of Franz Reinhardt

For character backgrounds and journals.
Sten

Journal of Franz Reinhardt

Postby Sten » Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:06 am

Early Nightal of 1362 - Damara, Duchy of Arcata.

We have spent about a week now in Duchy Capital of Valls, the local temple and the Golden Cup paladins guarding it have not been too willing to associate with us. Pallth, our leader, ensures us it is simply because of the rivalry between our orders, but I fear more lies underneath.

(...)

It’s becoming colder here, light snowfall has turned the cobbled streets of Valls into a slippery and filth ridden mess. It is in these moments I miss the warm summer spent in Impiltur, and in particular Outentown. But each night during our nightly prayer, I am reminded of the suffering others endure each day, as we purge our thoughts of any pleasures before sleeping. This drives me on, it keeps me in Damara, so that we may end the suffering caused by the wicked men hiding here.

(...)
[ A few days without writing go by]

Pallth has brought in a new member to our company, some kid from the city, swearing to help us cleanse the evil from the mountain. I do not believe in this kid, he wears an old ragged chainmail, and wield a farming tool as a weapon. We should not let him come along, but Pallth insist the kid will become a worthy member of the Companions of the Noble Heart.
But he does not let the newcomer join in the evening prayer, a clear sign of weakness I think, this kid will never make it.

(...)

We’ve had news of a cult hiding in the mountains to the east of here, not thanks to the local temple, but rather some locals that came to us. I fear these sources could either be lying, or this is a trap waiting to spring on us.

No matter the weather is too harsh for us to leave, it will be at least another couple of days before it calms down, let us see if this kid is still kept around by then.

(...)