Scribblings of Dalemar

For character backgrounds and journals.
Leore

Scribblings of Dalemar

Postby Leore » Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:16 am

A Conjunction of Messy Thoughts & Writings by yours truly, Maurister Dalemar;

I've always wondered what would happen if a man mated with a bird. Today, I discovered the meaning of life in that very sentence, and on the other hand, I also saw eight people crumple to the ground. But not me, even though I was on the verge; apparently I'm favoured by fortune or something. Or I'm a coward, as some would say.

~

I was able to raid the storage of the places we cleared before they ran me out of the place. When I got to Sarshel, I thought I might've coughed a lung. Funnily enough, the oddest man I've ever met worried of the same thing when I told him and others around him what had happened.

~

I found out later that they planned to go back to retrieve the poor bastards and that I was to be their guide. I didn't end up guiding them, but apparently a lunatic by the name of Gornak or something along those lines - a half-orc - nigh charged the place on his own and took on four of the ugly little bastards himself.
Characters:
Mathias Culdrake; Damaran Freerider
Maurister Dalemar; Chondathan Grifter
Gareth Halenseph; Easting Bowman

Leore

Re: Scribblings of Dalemar

Postby Leore » Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:29 am

Today the greatest opportunity had sat right before my eyes with Eastern eyes and Eastern skin, as dark as the Hordelands could offer. Two slaves of Thay who had broken free made their way to Sarshel and happened upon the word 'dog'. Oddly enough, against all thoughts running through my mind, they did not take it as an insult. Rather, they didn't understand anything I said - not a word - but 'dog'. Apparently they like dogs - and horses, but that's to be expected - but not as pets. They eat dogs.

~

So, get this. I was able to convince these two idiots that two sardils meant wealth in Sarshel, and that I'd be able to give them more of this strange (and I mean strange; I actually thought they meant sardines when I arrived) coin that is so sought after in Sarshel. Now they guard my life. Unfortunately, I've spent all my money on the two barbarians and I've little idea how to fetch more but for a little picking of the pockets. I suppose I'll have to think over a shot of Damaran whiskey.

~

I had decided then. Spurred on by my victory with winning over two men - even though it's usually the hearts you win and not their desires - I had thought it over. We would be rich. While at first I thought them no smarter than hobgoblins with a stick up their arse, they've grown fond of me in a way I'm not entirely comfortable with. They really like money, meat and milk. And black tea. But I respect that, I quite like black tea, too. We would go adventuring to get this wealth. Men like Gareth Dragonsbane started like this, surely - so shall we.

~

So. The party I led to this abandoned estate in the woods deep within the crevices of a decrepit foothold of Impiltur was more concerned with removing my authority from the question. Despite my origins as a good tradesman, the two strangers I had taken with me (that I now know as Wynna and Garvin) convinced everyone that Wynna should split the profits and distribute the equal sums to each man and lady. I argued against it, but what can you do when you see love at first sight? Truly, I feel as if this Garvin did it to get closer to this woman so invested in history. I'll tell you what, I myself prefer the history of now - as I told her - than the past. But if there's riches to spoil from days long past, why not. I don't care about it, though. We're returning tomorrow.

~

The party I once thought to envy or feel bitter over - or greater - has been rather interesting to be a part of. The two Easterners consider me their friends, or at least I think that's what the gesture means when they offer food and drink after a trying day. Even Wynna and Garvin seem decent, now. I think I've made friends. This won't end well.

That seems to be the last entry for a long while.
Characters:
Mathias Culdrake; Damaran Freerider
Maurister Dalemar; Chondathan Grifter
Gareth Halenseph; Easting Bowman