Filur - Bounty Notice

For organizing adventures, selling items and advertising services.
Obsidian Sea

Filur - Bounty Notice

Postby Obsidian Sea » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:32 am

Addressing an unforeseen and ecologically unstable rise in the population of bears along the primary river flowing through the southern foothills and down by the town of Filur, notices are put up alerting the occasion adventurer or bounty hunter that passes through that placid settlement with the offer of work.

So numerous are these bears, 'tis boldly alleged, that each pelt which can prove the defeat of even one bear shall return the reward of 40cp to the carrier by the Sword captain that is presently stationed in the town, as the official forces defending the town's perimeter maintain the priority of addressing security risks, rather than this which is foremostly considered an economic concern.

//OOC: Exactly what it says on the tin. Beginning at 8pm GMT, tomorrow evening. All levels, classes, and strategies welcome to deal with the aforementioned menace!
Heomar Bloodstone

Previous Characters
Aryen Caladras
Tristan Thalavar
Nathaniel Askovar
Elizabeth van der Lowe

Vogelens

Re: Filur - Bounty Notice

Postby Vogelens » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:40 am

Upon one of her visits to the town of Filur, cowled woman stops by one of the notices put up. Kara cants her head to the side slightly with a brief frown under that cowl, as she considers the bounty.

After a moment of regarding it, a slow exhale follows, though the frown remains on her features. Poor timing for the bears to become an issue after the Lion's injuries and dissapearance and her own state. Still... She was there and these bears may end up threatening her woods and more, than just the foothills.

Kara makes her way to the outskirts of town and towards edge of those foothills, to keep an eye on this problem. And to possibly await hunters keen for a bounty, or adventurers looking for a challenge.
Active:
Kara Farrowwood ~ Druidess of Silvanus

Obsidian Sea

Postby Obsidian Sea » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:28 pm

The first night of Kara Farrowwood's watch is held in silence. The bears make no quest to venture towards Filur, nor does any citizen of Filur show enough boldness to address the problem themselves. Yet Sarshel and Dilpur are both many miles away, and word must first reach these settlements before any journeys are made by their inhabitants. Could be that the issue shall still catch the attention of some money-hungry individuals.

//OOC: I've come to understand that this event was misunderstood by those that sought to participate in it tonight, and I might not have been clear enough serverside about the concept that I was going for here. The intention was to preset the opportunity for an encounter that was not a dungeon run, and provide custom activities that DMs can arrange for players during evenings/weeks that they are not able to attend the server and host an event during peak player times. Apologies for the confusion. I will set this encounter up again if the server resets before players have a chance to get involved, and resolve the storyline via this thread if I continue not to be in attendance for the actual occurrence. In this case, a screenshot or two is advised to confirm completion of the story.
If this negotiated style of DMing generates interest, it might be something that I continue to try and provide during periods when player or DM activity is lacking. Thanks for bearing with me.
Heomar Bloodstone

Previous Characters
Aryen Caladras
Tristan Thalavar
Nathaniel Askovar
Elizabeth van der Lowe

Silver Snow

Postby Silver Snow » Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:14 pm

Elhokar Ravenmane, after the absence of a few tendays, returns to Filur. He looks somewhat thinner, more worn than he had before, but his sense of purpose and self-assured calm have not left him. Before violence is to break out between man and beast, Elhokar would attempt to counsel with the original posters of the bounty, as well as any would-be hunters. Attaching as much gravity to his words as he can, he would inform the Sword captain that there is a creature that the bears are drawn to on Filur's outskirts, one that has been so far peaceful but could easily change. Elhokar would ask for the grace of a tenday's time to try and settle the matter through peace, rather than allow the killing of beasts..and potential repercussions from the beast in the cave.

//OOC: While I have RPed Elhokar as being absent, I have always attempted to make clear that he is in constant surveillance of the interaction between human and beast around Filur (as is part of his portfolio), especially around this particular cave. His actions would be very proactive, rather than reactive. If there are further questions on what Elhokar would be doing, please send me a PM.

Obsidian Sea

Postby Obsidian Sea » Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:15 pm

The Druid's intentions are greeted gruffly by some of those dotted around the site of his conversation with the Sword that manages operations within the area. The bounty remains in place, the situation allegedly having become untenable, however Elhokar Ravenmane is invited to examine the area for himself and approach the matter as he so chooses: for abstract concepts such as The Balance and the society of animals there is little concern among the Warswords. So long as the issue is dealt with it does not matter by what method it is done, seemingly. Elhokar Ravenmane has but two obstacles to overcome: the wilfulness of bounty hunters, and the very power he presently speaks about with the Warswords in Filur.

At Otterslide Pond, Elhokar Ravenmane would see the consequence of the aforementioned entity's habitation: the ecosystem has been painfully displaced by a gathering mass of bears. The residencies of other animals in the area have become vacant and the fish have little hope of travelling down river any further without becoming a meal for the few bears that still maintain a predatory instinct. Some others are lethargic, as the servant of Nobanion had witnessed before when he first journeyed to meet the alleged Bear God that the herder spoke of here: lethargy has weeded out their natural instinct, and their sleep has given them over to starvation. The Balance is not served by this so-called Bear God's presence.

Nevertheless, the Druid is wise enough to suspect that the beast has no intention of yielding its position - or its subjects - without a fight...

//OOC: Apologies for the delay on this. The zone(s) in question shall be reset at some point this evening (GMT) for players to explore and take advantage of as they so wish. If in doubt as to whether or not action taken in this storyline will be corroborated by the server logs if a DM is not in attendance to witness the proceedings, feel free to take screenshots to verify how the story pans out!
Heomar Bloodstone

Previous Characters
Aryen Caladras
Tristan Thalavar
Nathaniel Askovar
Elizabeth van der Lowe

Silver Snow

Postby Silver Snow » Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:11 pm

Elhokar's absence and subsequent lack of presence in the region had left its mark. He moved among the bears, seeing the ruin that has been brought to them, a ruin that had he been well enough, he could have seen earlier and helped avoid. No small sliver of guilt mingled with his rising anger, his eyes directed towards a certain dark cave. There would be a puzzle in itself, bringing these beasts away from here, populating them in areas they could come to belong, but the heart of the problem was still beating.
The bears would not resist a hunter, but the creature would. Elhokar took to the sky, moving to make arrangements with the allies he knew he had, some to ward off hunters in a peaceable way among the dense wood, and others to gather their strength for a fight.

//OOC: As I've told a couple folks, my schedule is incredibly up in the air today. If all goes well (or poorly for me irl) I would have availability around 4-4:30pm EST today (12:30 pm est at time of posting) to run this event. Would love to have a few more people in of naturey affiliations or otherwise. If I'm not available today, don't let me be the limiting factor! I hope tomorrow early evening EST would be clearer.

Silver Snow

Postby Silver Snow » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:55 pm

//Update: I'm available until evening NA times l, so I can certainly tackle this thing tonight. On a laptop track pad.

Silver Snow

Postby Silver Snow » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:32 pm

Within two days of Elhokar's curt discussion with the Captain of Filur's resident Warswords, the situation in the nearby wilds had changed. Perhaps some bounty hunters had claimed their prizes from lethargic bears..or ones already dead of hunger, but if more were to come they would find the region conspicuously thin on bears. The damage that their concentration had done would not be undone in days, perhaps not even in weeks, but the perpetrating beasts seem to have scattered deeper into the forests and low rises of the nearby mountains, eluding any hunters less than extremely determined to get their coppers.

The Otterslide pond held an odd, not quite natural stillness to it. The bears that had been so thick there were gone, leaving room for smaller and bolder creatures to roam among the streams. There had been a column of thick smoke from the area, lasting some hours and visible from Filur itself, likely. The source of it seemed to have been a pyre, as if for a funeral. Little of it remained but ash, charred wood..and bones. Bones far, far too large to have been a bear's.