Character concepts sharing thread

For discussion, feedback, praises, criticism, concerns or suggestions on topics in Offline RP, Character Backgrounds or general roleplay.
OldBear

Re: Character concepts sharing thread

Postby OldBear » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:00 pm

Welcome and hope to see you in game.

Kilaana
Administrator, Builder, DM

Postby Kilaana » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:39 am

Welcome to TER, joshmad75, take your time exploring and I hope you get to meet some of our regulars around here. :)
“Violence is the mark of the amateur.” ― Garrett, Thief: The Dark Project

Kallian | Delorwyn Lle'quellas | Wilhemina Alencar | Zalika Maszim Zartusht
Cedric Lesàre

Talisman
Builder

Postby Talisman » Wed May 30, 2018 1:06 am

My current new concept idea is a shady wizard from an impoverished background that lacks the capital for private tutoring or buying scrolls--and so got into business stealing scrolls and books to learn from and now works part-time as a grave robber (of scholar's tombs) and works as an appraiser for the black market. This would be either a wizard/rogue hybrid or a pure wizard with maximal investment in cross-class rogue skills.

The important thing is that this character isn't inherently "Evil," he is just an opportunist looking to chase a dream he couldn't afford in the normal way. I can see him either develop towards NE or CG, depending on his character/DM interactions, or maybe just stay as CN (I know, blah.. but no other alignment makes sense). My original wizard concept fell apart for being Evil but needing to hide it, which I thought just made him very stale to play.. so this is my second wizard attempt!

blatob
Builder

Postby blatob » Thu May 31, 2018 6:00 am

That's interesting approach and can be viable.