Lore FAQ Thread

For discussion, feedback, praises, criticism, concerns or suggestions on topics in Offline RP, Character Backgrounds or general roleplay.
Ataraxia

Lore FAQ Thread

Postby Ataraxia » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:28 pm

This thread is for all the questions about TER's lore that some may want to ask since even players who've been around for a while don't have all the answers.
DM's and players alike are welcome to answer the questions as they come if they feel they've got something to contribute.
Since there is a lot of information that should be found out through roleplay, I suggest we limit this to questions relating to general knowledge so as not to spoil the setting's many mysteries.

Poisonous

Re: Lore FAQ Thread

Postby Poisonous » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:49 pm

I'll be the first to bite!

I've been wondering what the state of the Triad is outside Sarshel during these recent troubles.
Mother Kelda Adler, priestess of The Crying God, wife, sister, mother. [Retired: old posts here and here]
Manishie, wanderer and songbird. Not a fan of sausage. Typically in Songhall, Sayildi's, or wandering...

Silver Snow

Postby Silver Snow » Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:12 am

Good idea for a thread. I think it's a good central place to posit these questions, I know I've had plenty of my own.

Hagra
Builder

Postby Hagra » Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:34 am

"I've been wondering what the state of the Triad is outside Sarshel during these recent troubles."

In ruins. Even the old temple in Filur is abandoned.

Poisonous

Postby Poisonous » Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:46 am

Holy shit! Really??

Do you remember where you saw that? or did a bunch of us miss it completely? Bahaha I've been wondering this whole time :lol:

To be clear, are we talking like, all Impiltur?
Mother Kelda Adler, priestess of The Crying God, wife, sister, mother. [Retired: old posts here and here]
Manishie, wanderer and songbird. Not a fan of sausage. Typically in Songhall, Sayildi's, or wandering...

blatob
Builder

Postby blatob » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:15 am

I would wait for admins to respond.

Astral Fire

Postby Astral Fire » Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:59 pm

I have another question. What's the status of Sarshel after the battle? A post says it's evacuated, but how? All people moved away? If so, when? Is there someone remaining, considering the huge amount of population and the not favorable season? And now that sometimes has passed since the attack, have people started to return?

That I think would modify much the RP of many toons that are used to stay in Sarshel.

Kilaana
Administrator, Builder, DM

Postby Kilaana » Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:27 pm

State of the Triad
With the highest-ranking of the church, the Abbot Haron Aulenbryn, dead, this should be a significant blow that is felt all over the country. It's a bit like learning that the Pope is dead, or the leader of any denomination with a huge following. In this case, it is even more devastating that the cause of the Triad's fall stemmed from within the clergy. So far, the truth has been covered up except between adventurers who have firsthand knowledge, but it is assumed that most of Sarshel's population is still in the dark. An attempt to get the truth revealed was made by an indivual known as 'Pedyn Mous', whose flyers were at one point left around Sarshel.

Many of the Triad members who were residents of the Temple perished during the 7th of Mirtul, and since then, authority has fallen to Lawkeeper Krieger to see to the most urgent tasks but with a dwindling confidence in the Three Powers now, the church has splintered into their separate paths. So its not surprising that the hunt for a new Abbot is slow to come, or not at all.

Sarshel as Impiltur's spiritual heart is broken.

Sarshel was once a city of a population around an estimated 6,000. Now it's roughly about 300 or less after the evacuation, and the casualties from Warswords' and Knights of Imphras' expeditions to meet the daemon threat in their own ways.

Other Cities
While Sarshel bore the brunt of the worst of winter, it's to be believed that the frost extended to the other three cities on Impiltur - Dilpur, Hlammach and Lyrabar. Most citizens would have fled far enough to avoid further trauma, so an easy guess is Lyrabar which is the furthest from the epicenter of daemon activity, but they could just as easily have decided to book seats on ships bound for neighbouring cities along the Vast, but if they fear attacks from the mountains they could indeed also sail as far as Sembia. Thesk is also an option for those who don't mind a rougher lifestyle, though places across the Inner Sea may be less popular as the waters are arguably dominated by the pirates of the Isles.
“Violence is the mark of the amateur.” ― Garrett, Thief: The Dark Project

Kallian | Delorwyn Lle'quellas | Wilhemina Alencar | Zalika Maszim Zartusht
Cedric Lesàre

Toros

Postby Toros » Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:17 pm

There seems to be a common theme said amongst pcs that the sarshel city watch are either incompetent or indifferent, that the country is poorly maintained and teeming with bandits, and that the general state of things is generally dystopian.

Obviously the recent demon attack would reduce overall quality of life and infrastructure, but these sorts of things have been said off and on for a while, and I haven't seen evidence of that to be the case. Clarafication is appreciated!

Also, I play Galondel.

EppyAl

Postby EppyAl » Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:25 pm

This is something I am interested in as well. As well as the remaining guard/city watch and the force or manner they manage Sarshal.

Would the populace see us as adventurers only or more so replacements to the guard and warswords after a while.