Community - DM Feedback

For discussion, feedback, praises, criticism, concerns or suggestions on topics in Offline RP, Character Backgrounds or general roleplay.
Poisonous

Re: Community - DM Feedback

Postby Poisonous » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:05 am

Indeed, the DM team as a whole deserves a big thanks. The world feels incredibly alive and active right now--so much is happening, and so much is about to happen. I don't think I've ever been so excited for Impiltur.
Mother Kelda Adler, priestess of The Crying God, wife, sister, mother. [Retired: old posts here and here]
Manishie, wanderer and songbird. Not a fan of sausage. Typically in Songhall, Sayildi's, or wandering...

Kilaana
Administrator, Builder, DM

Postby Kilaana » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:05 am

I would like to add in my thanks to my fellow DMs for their assistance, once more as another chapter of an epic quest has concluded:

Obsidian Sea - For his tireless help and unfaltering enthusiasm, despite having a busy work/life schedule, he has always made time for TER and gave it his utmost at every turn. He stepped up to help me when my circumstances made it difficult for me to DM regularly, and he surpasses all expectations. When all I did was give him a basic script to follow, he went and blew it out of the water. Obsidian Sea, you are a great inspiration and deserve so much more thanks than these words can relay.

CopperDragon - For your ever-optimistic support and participation both as a DM and a player in this quest. When things got tough for me, you were the first to answer my call for help so that our players need not be left stranded for the conclusion of a very lengthy quest. Your skill and experience as a DM, like Obsidian Sea's, goes far beyond my own and I am humbled to have you offer what little precious time you have for TER.

Loreweaver - There's a lot that players don't see behind the scenes at TER, but the fact that things do run as well as they do is because of your dedication and close attention to detail, all with the patience of a saint. As above, you've kindly come to my aid whenever I really needed the DM backup help, even if it was at the drop of a hat.
“Violence is the mark of the amateur.” ― Garrett, Thief: The Dark Project

Kallian | Delorwyn Lle'quellas | Wilhemina Alencar | Zalika Maszim Zartusht
Cedric Lesàre

Danuvis

Postby Danuvis » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:02 pm

I'd like to take the opportunity to thank the team as a whole, the builders, DMs, and admins all; you've made TER into what it is, alongside the players that breathe life into the setting - so thank you!

It's bittersweet to see this chapter of the quest concluded, but at the same time, I'm looking forward to the days to come. Please keep doing what you do!

Penegal

Postby Penegal » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:28 pm

I would like to thank Dawnbreak for including me in a quest this morning, it was a lot of fun and I got to see a lot of areas. I really appreciate it. :)

Khaela Mensha Khaine

Postby Khaela Mensha Khaine » Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:50 pm

A big shoutout to Kilaana for an awesome event that lasted a ridiculous amount of hours. I was thoroughly entertained, and at least once humiliated, throughout. I'm humbled by the amount of attention I was given and enjoyed what was honestly a very cooperative DM-player experience.

10/10, would be beaten to death by an unarmed goblin again.

Silver Snow

Postby Silver Snow » Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:13 am

I've got a little something for everyone, here. First, for Obsidian Sea for the great little tracking event and the missing Warsword. Every but helps to make Elhokar feel like he's becoming a part of the setting. Second, and no lesser, to Dawnbreak for Lucien's continuing plotline. I've but guesses so far as to where it'll go! Next, my massive appreciation to Kilaana for helping me to set up housing, I'm looking forward to the rp it'll get to host one day. A final thanks to Copper Dragon for having the patience and finesse to be my main line of communication with the team. Besides getting to be on the receiving end of all your DM attention, I look forward to catching all your characters more often server-side!

Toros

Postby Toros » Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:14 pm

Massive shoutout to Obsidian Sea for the wonderful event.

It was pretty complex in execution, but at no point were we forced to follow a particular path, and from the story to the environment was excellently executed. As is often the case, there was a significant risk of death and had we taken a different path it would've been likely. But I think the goal as a DM is to make a believable world come to life, and sometimes that means putting fatal challenges in the path and seeing if the players can were prepared to overcome or circumvent them. I'm thankful a winter storm cancelled my work for today so Jerek could face a winter storm much fiercer.

You've exceeded expectations, which were considerably high already as I've experienced the wonderful events you've run in the past.

Also, I play Galondel.

Copper Dragon

Postby Copper Dragon » Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:24 pm

Thank you Obsidian Sea for an earth-shattering and long lasting questline. The culminating events of today have been a delight to DM with you, and then to witness - humbly - on the player side.

Many thanks to all the DMs that have brought TER such attention and love, and for this great story to come to a finish in a group effort.

~ Copper
Plays:
Artemis D'Assanthe, Dawnmaster
Udhana, the Kinless
Dhovainithil, Silver Elf
Jhasira of the Bai Kabor, Dawnbringer (deceased)

Silver Snow

Postby Silver Snow » Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:41 pm

Absolutely. Having been there at the start and at the end, it was a colossal effort and an epic day of events.
To Copper herself, most recently a large thanks for making the road from Vlasta harrowing..and on a wider scale, for being here for us as a DM for the last 6 months. I think we're all the better for it, and my only regret is that I live in a timezone where being on the receiving end of your DM efforts was a rare thing. Cheers!

Poisonous

Postby Poisonous » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:08 am

What they said! :D

Just want to second it all, despite the lag demons (no real way to get around that), it was gloriously epic and I'm glad I got to be there. All the more impressive considering the extremely long IC history of the event--the whole plotline goes back very far to a seemingly meaningless PC choice.

It just goes to show the DMs are paying attention, so good job. :)
Mother Kelda Adler, priestess of The Crying God, wife, sister, mother. [Retired: old posts here and here]
Manishie, wanderer and songbird. Not a fan of sausage. Typically in Songhall, Sayildi's, or wandering...