Community - Builder Feedback

For discussion, feedback, praises, criticism, concerns or suggestions on topics in Offline RP, Character Backgrounds or general roleplay.
Obsidian Sea

Community - Builder Feedback

Postby Obsidian Sea » Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:00 am

This thread is intended to be a place where the community can give their thoughts, praise and feedback to builders regarding the content they are working on. Everything is always a work in progress, and work that is being done for the enjoyment of everybody, so all opinions are valid and you are invited to share yours here!

As in every aspect of server development, your feedback is welcomed, and it is appreciated when this feedback is provided in a constructive and encouraging way - members of the team cannot promise to get it right the first time every time, but the builders put in a great amount of time and creative effort to continue to bring us new areas of Impiltur to explore, and it is always nice for them to know that we appreciate that.
Heomar Bloodstone

Previous Characters
Aryen Caladras
Tristan Thalavar
Nathaniel Askovar
Elizabeth van der Lowe

Feronius

Re: Community - Builder Feedback

Postby Feronius » Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:41 pm

My very first impression of this server, I literally just walked around the first few areas for a bit, is that I am wowed by the quality of world building. And as someone with a degree in gamedesign (not that I ever got to do much with it), I am not one to say that lightly. The area design is seriously impressive, there was a lot of attention for detail and a ton of atmosphere in the maps I visited. Aesthetically speaking, it already easily ranks in the top two Neverwinter Nights servers I have been on.

Some of the server features and scripted systems also took me by surprise. I was pleasantly surprised I could do things like change my character's portrait at any time, rename my familiar outside of having just leveled up and undo changes made to my descriptions. And I was definitely impressed by the "Command Followers" command and the amazing "Animate Weapon" spell.
There are some minor improvements that could be done to improve or smoothen the character customisation or armour modification system, mostly the option to skip through the numbers faster (5 or 10 at a time perhaps) and being able to change your character's appearance yourself on the first time logging in would be handy, but I was in no hurry and a DM was around to lend me a hand long before I left the starter area.

I tip my imaginery hat to the builders. I have barely been in-game yet, but you have definitely got me excited to try out this server.
Lev Balakov | Radovan Kazac

Obsidian Sea

Postby Obsidian Sea » Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:59 am

Great credit to Kilaana for the beautiful, personalised work put into some familiar server areas for the player event of last night. Everything was gorgeous. The event could not have been so excellent without that touch of excellence!
Heomar Bloodstone

Previous Characters
Aryen Caladras
Tristan Thalavar
Nathaniel Askovar
Elizabeth van der Lowe

Holy_Rage

Postby Holy_Rage » Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:02 pm

Obsidian Sea wrote:Great credit to Kilaana for the beautiful, personalised work put into some familiar server areas for the player event of last night. Everything was gorgeous. The event could not have been so excellent without that touch of excellence!
Seconded. The marriage arch petal placement and the little ice floating boats were simply stunning. I never thought the NWN engine could produce such beauty. Kudos yet again for some stellar building to the whole Dev team.
Current PCs:
Hróin | Ygrak Ironflame

Toros

Postby Toros » Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:41 pm

I'd like to say again that the building for the wedding exceeded all expectations.

Also, I play Galondel.

Poisonous

Postby Poisonous » Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:25 pm

Toros wrote:I'd like to say again that the building for the wedding exceeded all expectations.
Seconded, that shit was cool
Mother Kelda Adler, priestess of The Crying God, wife, sister, mother. [Retired: old posts here and here]
Manishie, wanderer and songbird. Not a fan of sausage. Typically in Songhall, Sayildi's, or wandering...

Copper Dragon

Postby Copper Dragon » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:35 pm

Thirded: both areas (Meadow and Theatre) were decorated with such a palpable level of attention, detail, and consideration. Kilaana weaves atmosphere together with thoughtfulness seamlessly.

~ Copper
Plays:
Artemis D'Assanthe, Dawnmaster
Udhana, the Kinless
Dhovainithil, Silver Elf
Jhasira of the Bai Kabor, Dawnbringer (deceased)

Sten

Postby Sten » Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:31 pm

Just ran the Headlands: Cavern/Cave area with smugglers, and used the Raft system there to travel back and forth.

Massive props to whoever made it! Really amazing dungeon with a great take from it as well ;)

Poisonous

Postby Poisonous » Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:34 pm

HUGE kudos to Loreweaver for all their hard work & discussion with players lately. You're seriously the best.
Mother Kelda Adler, priestess of The Crying God, wife, sister, mother. [Retired: old posts here and here]
Manishie, wanderer and songbird. Not a fan of sausage. Typically in Songhall, Sayildi's, or wandering...

Feronius

Postby Feronius » Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:36 pm

Since I last posted here I have discovered dungeons with actual working puzzle mechanics in it, loads of custom(ised) server features and a ton more good stuff. So I would also like to give a special thanks to Loreweaver, who appears to be responsible for most of the scripting. I believe I have not encountered any notable bugs in any of the server's features or systems yet, which is seriously impressive.

I am excited to explore more of The Easting Reach's content. I think I have barely even scratched the surface.
Lev Balakov | Radovan Kazac