Community - Builder Feedback

For discussion, feedback, praises, criticism, concerns or suggestions on topics in Offline RP, Character Backgrounds or general roleplay.
Bentusi16

Re: Community - Builder Feedback

Postby Bentusi16 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:19 pm

I like the back alleys of Sarshel and wish more of the city was like that with twisting narrow corridors.

Feronius

Postby Feronius » Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:29 am

The harpy breeding grounds in the Filur region towers above most dungeons. It feels very different to most places, due to its layout and design. And it felt like the enemy's tactics and behaviour really fit the terrain and type of enemy.
Risk versus reward is really tough to judge, we had a huge level difference in our party, but it seemed alright to me.

One minor note is that on the way up/ into the dungeon, there were two harpies that were just free kills. They had no way of attacking or reaching us. The easiest solution would probably be to move them/ their spawn points further away or out of line of sight.
I also noticed that some of the ambushes appeared very close to the transitions. We had a solid party with mostly tank(-ish) characters, but I could easily see this dungeon going very wrong, very fast in a scenario where someone just happens to transition/ leave the loading screen at the wrong time and instantly dies. Our party did not encounter these issues, but something to maybe keep an eye on.

Overall, a really challenging and high rated dungeon. Whoever build it, you can stick those feathers in your cap.
Lev Balakov | Radovan Kazac

Khaela Mensha Khaine

Postby Khaela Mensha Khaine » Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:34 am

This is long overdue, but I'd like to give particular praise to Kilaana for the House of Many Tomes. It's art; likely my favourite area on the server that I've visited thus far.

I can't really offer any higher praise than to say that it stands out as exceptional amidst a network of beautifully made areas.

Kilaana
Administrator, Builder, DM

Postby Kilaana » Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:40 pm

Thank you to those who enjoyed my work, and for taking the time to post it here.

As an aside, the alleys in Sarshel were very much inspired by the old-school Thief games (not so much the more recent overhauls). I have a bad habit of trying to push the limits of what I can do with tilesets. I can't recall anything particular of The House of Many Tomes, only that I wanted it to be constructed on the side of the mountain's middle slopes, and Songhall's exterior is one of my first attempts at creating a multi-storeyed area which is generally impossible because of how NWN is hardcoded.
“Violence is the mark of the amateur.” ― Garrett, Thief: The Dark Project

Kallian | Delorwyn Lle'quellas | Wilhemina Alencar | Zalika Maszim Zartusht
Cedric Lesàre

Holy_Rage

Postby Holy_Rage » Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:45 pm

The Fens of the Royal Plains are truly amazing. They literally ooze atmosphere, the fog seeping through every nook and cranny, the lush but rotten vegetation, the maze of rivulets and small ponds. I must admit I have travelled mentally to the bog fens of Western Wales via the invoked artwork, a place which holds distant, but good memories for me. I've never believed that NWN could look so beautiful. Thanks for the surprising and thoroughly enjoyable trip.
Current PCs:
Hróin | Ygrak Ironflame

Kilaana
Administrator, Builder, DM

Postby Kilaana » Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:48 am

Much of the southern coast and marshlands were created by Hagra/Aelwyn (who plays Noal Dagar & Faile Loomgold), as well as many of the icier regions of the mountains, along with their dungeons. Beautiful Filur, which enjoys a great deal of sun as it is situated below the foothills of the southern mountain slopes, is one example of the exuberant style Hagra/Aelwyn is known for. His dungeons are no less richly detailed and always uniquely evoking the setting.

The extensive network of the Long Dark with its mysterious tunnels, and numerous dungeons scattered inside around Sarshel and everywhere else, are the fine handiwork of Nemanja/blatob, who works very hard constantly seeking feedback on the mobs and tweaking them to ensure a balance of difficulty.

Please offer them your generous praise in private too when you catch them online! They deserve it!
“Violence is the mark of the amateur.” ― Garrett, Thief: The Dark Project

Kallian | Delorwyn Lle'quellas | Wilhemina Alencar | Zalika Maszim Zartusht
Cedric Lesàre

Kerstman

Postby Kerstman » Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:01 pm

I can only echo the previously made comments about the newer areas around Filur. They are amazing. I just had a first glance there. Also many thanks for fixing the Filur room rental bug.
Mains
Fenneken : Obscure arcanist
Leopold Thunersdai : Damaran Tempurian
Aleks : Rashemi barbie

Alts
Unger mac Rotu : Earthfast tunnel recon dwarf
Badger: Mute hin archer

Brindisium

Postby Brindisium » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:12 am

My thanks to all the builders. It's been a real pleasure to rediscover the fine scenery, interesting mechanics and attention to detail of The Easting Reach again this week.
Cheese for your crackers here!

Ataraxia

Postby Ataraxia » Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:10 pm

I don't know who made the fight club dungeon but I had an amazing time in its story and details!

Artifice

Postby Artifice » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:35 am

I want to give a big thank you to the builders - not just for the recent update (though that was awesome!) but also for bringing the world to life with frequent tweaks to the environment. I know how hard that is and you do a great job of it.
Sarushan Folhana - Bard
Louhi Laakkonen - Priest