Community - Builder Feedback

For discussion, feedback, praises, criticism, concerns or suggestions on topics in Offline RP, Character Backgrounds or general roleplay.
Brindisium

Re: Community - Builder Feedback

Postby Brindisium » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:03 am

Today, could the Server Gnome who has has been running around leaving those atmosphere setting text snippets everywhere put down that yellow paintbrush, step forward and take a bow please. We love your work.
Cheese for your crackers here!

Brindisium

Postby Brindisium » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:00 pm

Screen Shot 2017-02-23.jpg
Screen Shot 2017-02-23.jpg (117.09 KiB) Viewed 16571 times
Yes, it is.

After many years I've been trying to build something myself again - and the pain (most of it self inflicted, admitedly) has reminded me just how much much skill and effort goes into building something as good as TER. Thanks Team, wherever you are and whatever you are doing.

Kerstman

Postby Kerstman » Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:17 pm

I just did a grand mountain tour through the mountains from Songhall to Midrikaul / Vlasta. Some areas I already revisited but plenty of new ones for me. Amazing stuff. I also briefly entered some Long Dark caves, but exited soon enough because I could not bear the tension..
Mains
Fenneken : Obscure arcanist
Leopold Thunersdai : Damaran Tempurian
Aleks : Rashemi barbie

Alts
Unger mac Rotu : Earthfast tunnel recon dwarf
Badger: Mute hin archer

Obsidian Sea

Postby Obsidian Sea » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:40 pm

Though he is on the (fictional) payroll as a fellow DM for the server, I wanted to lodge my thanks to Khaela Mensha Khaine for his work bringing some lovely new heads into the model for use by players. I have little doubt that it is not the most exciting part of NWN, but it is one nevertheless appreciated! :)

An additional word of thanks to the builder responsible for a curious old library lost to The Royal Plains that Kara Farrowwood and Tristan Thalavar had the pleasure of exploring last month. I suspect it's Kilaana or Hagra that I owe my gratitude to for that, but whichever one does not fit the compliment has my compliments for all their other work regardless!
Heomar Bloodstone

Previous Characters
Aryen Caladras
Tristan Thalavar
Nathaniel Askovar
Elizabeth van der Lowe

Brindisium

Postby Brindisium » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:48 pm

Obsidian Sea wrote:
Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:40 pm
Though he is on the (fictional) payroll as a fellow DM for the server, I wanted to lodge my thanks to Khaela Mensha Khaine for his work bringing some lovely new heads into the model for use by players. I have little doubt that it is not the most exciting part of NWN, but it is one nevertheless appreciated! :)
+1 Hugely appreciated here too.

After all these years the graphics of NWN have developed a sort of retro charm for me, except the head models. By all that is holy the original ones were ugly 13 years ago, never mind now.

Silver Snow

Postby Silver Snow » Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:37 pm

I'll put this under builder for lack of other places, but I'd like to compliment some aspects of the scripting. After doing combat on other servers, I've definitely come to appreciate some of the subtle background changes on TER. Namely, the ability to stay in combat modes while moving and not having to switch them on every other moment. I think it streamlines the whole combat process. After taking crits elsewhere, I've also got to say that monsters being unable to crit here is a very appreciated thing!

Kerstman

Postby Kerstman » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:47 pm

Many thanks for the vast Long Dark tunnel network near Vlasta and beyond. Almost always at least I have no idea what to expect around the next corner and it is always good doing new stuff and getting utterly lost. An extra amazing touch are the signs which only specific classes and / or races can see.
Mains

Alts

Kerstman

Postby Kerstman » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:03 pm

Kerstman wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:08 am
The Long Dark tunnels are pretty amazing. I will not spoil where they are and how you can enter them, but it is another nice network where you can get lost. Oh, and I recommend any dwarven PC going there eventually. *hint hint* So make them if you have not already! ;)
Nearly a year later I keep exploring many new areas of those tunnels and I wish to repeat the above. Amazing stuff down there. A worthy exploration trip for any half decent adventuring band. For the dwarves especially some nice texts seem to have been added.
Mains

Alts

ljuslek

Postby ljuslek » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:25 pm

The new(ish) areas around Filur, coastal, mountainous and otherwise are gorgeous, just as gorgeous as the new ones added along The Laviguer Road* are. I've never seen areas to match the ones here on TER and these (to wit) most recent additions are no exceptions to that exceptional standard of quality.

And it always bears repeating how nice it is to have the areas in such a cohesive and logical layout.

*Area names in below spoiler for clarification
Spoiler:
Serpent's Cliffs, etc.

Hagra
Builder

Postby Hagra » Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:05 am

Thanks to everyone who commented on the areas I've designed and have ventured through them.

This evening I found some new regions built by another, and enjoyed exploring each area. I got spoiled with the last post and went out for a walk after dinner to find them :) Very nice and looking forward to more.