Armor Buyback

Silver Snow

Armor Buyback

Postby Silver Snow » Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:15 pm

Not strictly a leto, but I sold an armor to the smith I meant to keep and it is prohibitively expensive to buy back. Before the next reset is it possible to buy it back for what I sold it for? (A little less than 2.6k).

Silver Snow

Re: Armor Buyback

Postby Silver Snow » Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:18 pm

More details I forgot: The armor is an Ornate Full Plate called..ARMOR in my boundless creativity.

Loreweaver
Administrator & Builder

Postby Loreweaver » Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:16 pm

Unfortunately, we can't verify what's been sold or for how much or by whom, more so since the store did reset. That isn't meant to imply any lack of trust regarding what you tell us, but hopefully you will understand that we are reluctant to set a precedent for granting players coin, items, xp or anything of the kind based on their word and request alone. For that reason, we can't provide similar armour for the price you sold it for.

If you have any screenshots showing the armour in the shop, the price paid and asked or other relevant information that would be helpful, and we'll certainly require those for similar cases in our future.
If not, the best we can do is allow your character to buy a suit at its base price rather than at the smith's markup. We can make this available because DMs are aware that Lucien (whom we assume this is regarding) did have such armour. It saves you the challenge of finding a replacement of that quality, and should knock about 1800 cp off the buyback price.

Silver Snow

Postby Silver Snow » Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:04 pm

I'm content with buying it at base price, sure. I had the realization unfortunately only after I logged, so wasn't able to capture screenshots. I believe the smith's markup is quite substantial, and the price the player gets to sell something for is usually roughly half of or a bit more of base price? Regardless, I'm open to it.