Shield Bash Feat

cyberjesterb

Shield Bash Feat

Postby cyberjesterb » Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:05 am

I took this as a Fighter Feat on Bors at level 4. After a good amount of testing I am fairly confident that it is not working as intended. I get an activated message in my combat log when first clicking it in a round and a not ready yet message after that until the next round. However beyond this I am not seeing any extra attacks per round being made. I also considered that it might be a hidden roll instead of treating it as a normal attack. But am getting no extra damage numbers popping up. I doubt that I missed every single time over the course of a dungeon and some further testing on a combat dummy. I also considered that it might simply be trying to alter my normal attack to add extra damage. But never saw the lowered -2 AB anywhere or any damage rolls that seemed like a full 1d8 was added(As I was using a tower shield.).
Bors
Orm
Ghaulvur Forlimodr

Loreweaver
Administrator & Builder

Re: Shield Bash Feat

Postby Loreweaver » Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:30 am

As far as I can tell the feat is working. It applies a -2 AB penalty to my attacks and deals additional damage (listed separately in the combat log) on a successful hit. You're right that it does not add an extra attack roll however, and as a temporary weapon penalty, the -2 AB does not seem to be reflected in the character sheet.