Combining Items for Sale Produces Strange Results (Solved)

EventHorizon

Combining Items for Sale Produces Strange Results (Solved)

Postby EventHorizon » Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:33 pm

...Yes, another bug report thread.

My character went to the Jeweler to sell some gems. Two topazes in particular had some strange results.

http://imgur.com/635DqQl
http://imgur.com/635DqQl

I had them together and when I hovered my mouse over the item in my inventory for the price, I saw "310" for the price. I was... surprised. So I split them up to see if they would sell for EVEN MORE. Turns out, no. According to the hover price, one would have sold for 3, the other for 31. This was stranger still, because they were the exact same damn item. So I put them back together, and was WOEFULLY disappointed to find that the price of both had dropped to 3 (combined on the same inventory square where the 3 cp one was). I moved my mouse away and hovered over the 2 Topazes again, and saw that somehow merely moving the cursor returned the sell price to 310.

Still surprised, I sold the 2-stack Topazes to see if they really sold for that much, and they DID. I rolled with it IC (Listen here Jeweler man, there's a Half-Orc out there with some real SUBSTANCE to him, and he brings home the money, so you'd better appreciate his efforts in appropriate amounts of coin!) as I really wasn't sure if a Topaz is super valuable or worthless as rock, but good times were had - still, this definitely seems like a glitch, so here we are reading my wordy ass bug report.

(Direct links if you can't see the text in my SSs)
Last edited by EventHorizon on Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Play with SCAPE! Stock Character/Art Portrait Expansion Project (SCAPE)
Easy TER Play-time Scheduler! - See the thread and note your updates here.
Elijah Haller - Fuum - Havon - Ash'ma

Loreweaver
Administrator & Builder

Re: Combining Items for Sale Produces Strange Results

Postby Loreweaver » Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:45 pm

It doesn't seem to affect the items' actual value (310 for the pair would be about right), so the game is simply reporting the prices incorrectly until you mouse over the item again. It doesn't appear to be TER-related, and it's not the kind of process the game allows much control over which means I wouldn't know how to fix it for you.

EventHorizon

Re: Combining Items for Sale Produces Strange Results

Postby EventHorizon » Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:58 pm

Oh. Weird. Well, I have no problem with Topazes getting me 310 cp per pair. As long as the right amount of money ends up in the coinpurse at the end of the day!
Play with SCAPE! Stock Character/Art Portrait Expansion Project (SCAPE)
Easy TER Play-time Scheduler! - See the thread and note your updates here.
Elijah Haller - Fuum - Havon - Ash'ma