Player requested Quests

Shadowtim3

Player requested Quests

Postby Shadowtim3 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:48 pm

This is something I enjoyed on another server, but there's a section of the server where players can request character specific quests. Could be something based on their background, class, both, or something else but it gives the players a personal story to take into RP situations.

It worked well, they organized it well, and scheduled it so that way both player, party (if any) and DM can be on at the same time. And the requests had to make sense to the storyline and setting of the server as well. Yes, this is a DM/Player relation thing, but I think it would be fun for DM's to make player requested quests that enhance their stories.

Gives players their own way of stirring the RP pot so to speak. And DM's ideas of what to add for major events that might change the server as a whole down the line. But it gives players something to add to their own stories. Why did they do this? How will this affect them? And a million other questions that they can answer. Could give a detailed reason as to why they became part of an order that already exists in the game or joined a class.

An example of a request form would be like this:

Character name:
Username:
Party: Yes or no
Reason for quest request:

Timothy Skyraven, Paladin of Ilmater (Main)
Beldur Wolfheart

Obsidian Sea

Re: Player requested Quests

Postby Obsidian Sea » Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:15 am

Encouraging Players to Pursue Character Goals

My first recommendation is the above. If you have something you want to do, or a purpose for which you have created your character, tell us. A DM has never, nor will ever, in my experience, reject your opinions of your own character. Some goals are impossible; others are difficult; others are very much within reach. Regardless of the possibility of your ambition, it will never be to your discredit to approach the team with it.

We cannot promise to respond imminently to your intentions, nor to deal with your intentions within a short timescale. We are trying to cater to the needs of the whole server, and of course the demands of our own lives. I'm not, of course, trying to claim that you are expecting us to prioritise you: your suggestion is very legitimate. Always know that your input in the fate and course of your own character's experience on The Easting Reach is incredibly welcome, and helps to guide DMs in knowing that they are doing the right thing for you. Send a PM to any or all members of the team, and we will utilise the information therein to make your experience on The Easting Reach more rewarding. We cannot promise, nor be expected, to deliver precisely what you want for you character: the journey will be demanding, and not always what you expect. If it was, I doubt that journey would be as rewarding as it deserves to be. Nevertheless, the collective inboxes of the DM team can never be too full. If you have anything about your character which you wish to share, we are not going to turn it away. :)
Heomar Bloodstone

Previous Characters
Aryen Caladras
Tristan Thalavar
Nathaniel Askovar
Elizabeth van der Lowe

Shadowtim3

Re: Player requested Quests

Postby Shadowtim3 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:23 am

Okay. I must've missed that post when trying to catch up with all that was currently in the forums. And I know the DM team is busy with a lot of things and I fully don't expect an immediate answer. Never do as I know that it takes time and the DM team has real life to manage as well. ^_^

The page was just my two cents to just help.

Timothy Skyraven, Paladin of Ilmater (Main)
Beldur Wolfheart