Potion Stacking

Hagra
Builder

Potion Stacking

Postby Hagra » Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:05 pm

Could potion stacking stack please?

You know, they stack when you're buying more than one from a shop, but if you return later and buy the same potion and still have one or more of those potions in your inventory, they don't stack all together.

Toros

Re: Potion Stacking

Postby Toros » Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:11 pm

I'm not entirely sure why this happens, but if you drop and pick up both stacks they should recombine without issue

Also, I play Galondel.

Hagra
Builder

Postby Hagra » Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:18 pm

Ah, okay. Will try that!

EDIT: Great, that worked. Thanks!

Loreweaver
Administrator & Builder

Postby Loreweaver » Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:55 pm

The problem is basically that 'infinite' items, that is, ones which merchants sell an endless number of, don't keep track of variables. That means the potions you buy don't match with the potions you already have until a script's had the chance to fix that.
If that script finished right away, every potion you'd buy would need to be stacked manually - so instead, it allows bought potions to stack first, and after a little while (maybe 20-30 seconds) it gives them the proper variables which allow them to stack with any potions you already carry.

Normally, potions don't get variables so you won't notice this. But with TER, they're considered useful.

OldBear

Postby OldBear » Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:05 pm

I find that normally once I leave the immediate area where purchased I can then stock my healing potions.