Wynna's Correspondences

Kilaana
Administrator, Builder, DM

Re: Wynna's Correspondences

Postby Kilaana » Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:24 pm

A letter, penned with the thin strokes of a quick, learned hand and little time to waste, is left for Wynna at The Golden Quill.

I fear you keep mistaking me for one without cares by the way you pen each correspondence. We may each stand at the opposite ends of society, but my loyalty lies with those who know enough to value what they hold dear, and I hold this land dearly to mine. I would die for it, and so would those who work with me. Were I to ask you this at our first introduction, I wonder what kind of answer you would give - you, a foreigner and a stranger to our lands. So many come to the Kingdom, pledging to work in exchange for food and shelter, but how does one truly thresh the grain from the chaff without a fine sieve?

You have done the Kingdom a favor, and it is no small one. I have spoken to Valroc, he seems persuaded that he may relinquish the life of a swordsman altogether. His state of mind he refers to as the Soldier's Plight - a condition I know well, but to its treatment that medicine seldom accomplishes except to drug the victim into useless stupor. We can only hope that the law can afford him a sentence that allows him to continue living, if life is what he values enough to live it over again. Valroc risks a decade or more of firstmost penance in a labour camp, or exile from these lands, if he is to walk free, but I am confident that the law does its best to be fair to its citizens. The best you can do for him is to be honest when the time comes for questions. For that, perhaps, you should consider it a blessing that you and he call Impiltur home, unlike the savages to the north and the east, or the corrupt bureacracies of the west.

I can only promise that I will do my utmost. You have a talent with words and Sarshel opens its ears to you; perhaps you could consider an autobiography to tell the true story of a man who should be loved by the country he served. If time is of urgency, consider having your message heard in the town square - I am sure there are many who will listen.

- R.
“Violence is the mark of the amateur.” ― Garrett, Thief: The Dark Project

Kallian | Delorwyn Lle'quellas | Wilhemina Alencar | Zalika Maszim Zartusht
Cedric Lesàre

Ostheim

A Letter to R.R.

Postby Ostheim » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:49 am

A sealed missive, with multiple wax seals upon it. The last one carries a customized seal of a singular black bird's wing.
Business is tentatively concluded in regards to the cult I have been pursuing. My report follows.

Shortly after our discussion in Vlasta, I was contacted by a young man who led me, eventually, to his father, a self-professed former priest of the Lord of Bones, the God of the Dead who fell during the Troubles. Utilizing this man's talents, and the corpse of a cultist, he was capable of conjuring the dead man's spirit. After conferring with said spirit, I was able to determine the approximate location of the cultist hideout. The spirit was then banished back to whence it came, and I parted ways with the fellow.

The cult, as discussed in person, seemed to have been dedicated to a Serpent-God of the Mulhorandi Pantheon. I have been unable to determine which, precisely. By my estimation, they had the following at their disposal -
  • The shambling dead, reanimated.
  • Arcane cultists, with access to a variety of debilitating spells. Possibly priests of their god.
  • Abominations of necromantic construction.
  • Large snakes that attacked by their master's commands.
All of these were killed or put to rest once more. The cult was operating out of a tomb nestled within the hills situated in the swamp lands close to Vlasta. These halls of decay and undeath were thoroughly explored and purged of the all cultists, their creations, minions, and ritual sites. They seemed to have no artifacts, papers, or materials worthy of confiscation. A singular holy symbol similar to the one mentioned was destroyed by High Dawnlord D'Assanthe, an act that seemed to neutralize the foul presence seeping the tomb.

In total, around five to six cultists were slain. Countless of their creations were put to rest. I believe firmly that this group is the one responsible for the rash of undead sightings in the Vlasta area.

In my efforts, I was aided by Merney Valroc, Aleira Nemesk, Artemis D'Assanthe, a sorceress by the name of Fenneken, and a girl named Selena. All played their parts well - particular note should be paid towards the sorceress, who seems to possess some manner of knack for communicating with spirits and the dead. I do not suspect this to be a threat, but it is notable in that such talents might be utilized in the future, or that she be monitored if deemed necessary.

Several things of note, in brief.

Firstly, that High Dawnlord D'Assanthe's efforts were invaluable in seeing the threat ended. Lathander's strength is potent within her, and I fear our task would have been impossible without her aid. Should any further necromantic problems arise, the church of Lathander should be sought with all due haste.

Second, I recommend efforts be made to donate some small funding to the village of Vlasta in order to ensure their borders are secured as the remnants of the cult's creations are tracked down and destroyed. If requested, I will handle this myself.

Thirdly, though I do not know where his farm lies, the former-priest Eblec should be sought out and monitored for a time to ensure his severance of dedication to evil. His assistance was invaluable towards fulfilling my objective and saved countless lives from the whims of these cultists - this should be kept in mind as a decision is reached. It should be noted that this man has a family now, through his son, and seems to wish little more than to persist as a farmer to provide for Vlasta. His prime motivation for assisting me seemed to be in order to safeguard his home, and so I do not consider him an immediate threat.

This concludes my report. I will be taking several days of rest with my loved one, who is equally exhausted, and then resume with your next task.

Long may the Kingdom of Impiltur persist,
- W. B.
Wynna Blackwing - Scholar of history, ruin delver, intrigue dabbler
Rannie Marrinson - Knight-Errant, Paladin of Sune
Teobald Grzywacz - Outentown peasant, ranger and adventurer

Kilaana
Administrator, Builder, DM

Re: Wynna's Correspondences

Postby Kilaana » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:49 pm

Well received, B.

I fear in the short time between what was spoken and the submission of your report, this message may not be necessary. The knowledge you seek is regrettably obscure. A majority of Songhall's knowledge are, understandably, of the north and western kingdoms and their surrounds, not to mention those of our immediate neighbours. The land and its gods of which you spoke of remain as places untrodden by our scholars, assuming there are those who survived the journey across the sea. It is a colleague's suggestion that you may well be the first of us to have come this close in contact with such a group, which makes your information infinitely precious.

Be assured that the church of Lathander will receive a sum for their generous efforts, and Vlasta herself can expect reinforcements - I believe Alorn Jerek of Ilmater is working with Lord R. Dintersan in organizing troops to safeguard the area.

The persons elsewise mentioned are duly noted. Eblec will be kept on watch upon your recommendation.

Rest well. I will seek you out in due time.

Ever in Her service,
- R.
“Violence is the mark of the amateur.” ― Garrett, Thief: The Dark Project

Kallian | Delorwyn Lle'quellas | Wilhemina Alencar | Zalika Maszim Zartusht
Cedric Lesàre