Wynna's Correspondences

Ostheim

Delivered to Naveric Estate

Postby Ostheim » Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:47 pm

[Delivered to the Naveric Family Estate in Sarshel, to be forwarded to Lord Shubtin Naveric.]
To the esteemed Lord Shubtin Naveric,

Well met, Lord Naveric. I hope the day finds you well. You may know of me or may not, but in the interest of introduction, I remain the scholar and author Wynna Blackwing, of Sarshel. I write to you today for two reasons, which I shall keep a brisk read in the interest of preserving your valuable time.

Recently, myself and two of my friends, one Aleira Nemesk and one Merney Valroc, came across a rumor regarding the status of the pair of boots you had lost whilst adventuring. Knowing where to search, we set out to investigate. To make a somewhat long tale short, your boots were indeed discovered and recovered from hands that perhaps did not deserve them.

The story implicit in this is a thought-provoking one, one I would, quite simply, be remiss to not consider committing to writing. I do not know if you are aware of my tome
, The Dark Corners of Impiltur, but suffice it to say that this tale would not be out of place within. I would only do so with your blessing, however. Whether you give your allowance or not, I would like to request an audience with you in the future so that we may discuss what transpired and return to you your boots.

I look forward to your return missive. I can be reached at Two Magpie's Row in the Old Quarter.

May your efforts be rewarded in this life and the next,
Wynna Blackwing
Wynna Blackwing - Scholar of history, ruin delver, intrigue dabbler
Rannie Marrinson - Knight-Errant, Paladin of Sune
Teobald Grzywacz - Outentown peasant, ranger and adventurer

Copper Dragon

From Lord Shubtin Naveric's Estate, Dalthwaite

Postby Copper Dragon » Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:22 pm

Addressed to the Foreign Scholar Miss Wynna Blackwing,

Your spirited letter to his Lordship has flown swiftly, yet your companion ser Valroc has flown even faster. It is because of his arrival that your words are received welcomingly, as otherwise the tragedies they resurrects upon his Lordship's mind may have proven to be too heavy to bear.

Nevertheless, even in the small and humble thaedar of Dalthwaite your works, at least in name, have reached us. His Lordship has considered carefully the dignity or doom your quill may bring, and would rather accept you in his longhall for audience than to cast your curiosity aside.

His Lordship's wish for your travels is to be safe and expedient.

May the Three preserve,
Herald's Scribe Ulvoy, in the name of Lord Shubtin Naveric, Protector and Warden of Dalthwaite.
OOC: This exchange is in the aftermath of the following thread, and will be followed up in PM happily.
Plays:
Artemis D'Assanthe, Dawnmaster
Udhana, the Kinless
Dhovainithil, Silver Elf
Jhasira of the Bai Kabor, Dawnbringer (deceased)

Ostheim

Letter to Louhi Laakkonen

Postby Ostheim » Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:45 pm

[A package to be delivered to the retinue of Louhi Laakkonen. It includes a written missive, a stack of papers and scraps, and the book The Dark Corners of Impiltur.]
Wynna Blackwing wrote:To the esteemed Lady Archon,

Warmest regards, Lady Laakkonen. We have met briefly a few nights ago, but in the interest of a quick refresher, I remain the scholar of history Wynna Blackwing. Whether you have heard of my works or not is not presently relevant, but I have included a copy of my work along with this missive so that you might familiarize yourself with the things that I do, or simply entertain yourself with some light reading about miserable things if the mood takes you.

Not listed in this book, however, are other things of rather staggering importance in regards to the safety of this country and the betterment of its people. Details as to this can wait for an in-person meeting if you so desire. All I shall say in this missive is that I am involved in a conspiracy to fight another conspiracy, and it's quite crucial that my brand of conspiring is victorious at the end of the day.

To that end, I have included some pages I have retrieved from a tattered notebook for you and your scholars to peruse. They should point the way towards a location that will likely have to be pieced together by whomever you trust to have a keen understanding of geographical matters, which can be better understood by exploiting the knowledge of the House of Many Tomes in Songhall. The point being, however, is that I would be much obliged to you and your retinue if you would look into the location this missive possibly provides; I suspect it will be a locale that offers access to a rare mineral I require.

This mineral, this gem, is called spectrolite, or North Star. I have great, great need of this thing, and so too does the country of Impiltur by extension. You will know it by its glittering, gleaming appearance, and the way it reflects light in a most pleasing manner. I am prepared to offer a donation of two balan to your efforts here if you find a gem of this mineral and provide it to me, along with other benefits I might provide in the future to your mission here, what ever it might be.

I have surmised that I might indeed have all of the gems I need in order to see my quest through to its end, but on the off-chance that I am mistaken, I would beg of your aid. If this location I have provided is not fruitful in regards to spectrolite, please feel free to take what you find and put it to good use. If it does provide the gem and I don't need it, you may keep it for your own use; it is a rare and valuable gem.

As I wrote earlier, I am also prepared to provide more details in person if you so choose, but please consider this an invitation to get a head-start. I do hope you'll consider my offer, Lady Laakkonen; the interests I represent are those of certain members of the righteous nobility here in Impiltur, and I imagine they would be quite pleased to learn that the aid of the Divine Right was given so handily, and to such an important cause.

May your judgement be just and righteous,
Wynna Blackwing
[OOC: Feel free to get with Wynna in game, but if your group decides this is worth pursuing, please nab a knowledge geography roll from a source who has skill ranks in that skill and provide them to Obsidian Sea or myself. This is best done with a DM presiding to observe the roll.]

Ostheim

Left for Rulovic

Postby Ostheim » Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:12 pm

[A small letter, curt and to the point, is delivered to a representative of Rensar Rulovic.]
Wynna Blackwing wrote:
It's done. We should meet in person. Demon situation is becoming worse, winter now the least of our troubles.

But it will abate soon. Can't give you proof, but assuming we live to see the spring, that will have to do. Samere and his family are avenged.

Wynna Blackwing

Ostheim

[To Lady Rebeka]

Postby Ostheim » Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:50 pm

[A small package is delivered which holds a silvery necklace within, lacking a gemstone at its heart where there ought to be one. Alongside it is a small note.]
Thanks.

Regards, WB

Kilaana
Administrator, Builder, DM

Re: Wynna's Correspondences

Postby Kilaana » Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:04 pm

A message arrives about a tenday later. It is rolled up tightly and sealed with black wax bearing no imprint. Its delivery is heralded by a tap-tapping at Wynna's window, whereby a raven with pale blue irises pauses to let the would-be scholar untie the palm-sized scroll from its back. Inside, the message is no less curt, the writing looks distinctly different to the one she may recognise from Rulovic's - perhaps someone else had written it on his behalf.
Rensar Rulovic wrote:
Good work. Cannot travel. Damn poison, doubt the bolt that came out of nowhere was coincidence. Heard of the star that fell from the sky before rains came. Tell me what you need. There are those who offer aid. Key to the old place is yours if you still wish it.

R.
“Violence is the mark of the amateur.” ― Garrett, Thief: The Dark Project

Kallian | Delorwyn Lle'quellas | Wilhemina Alencar | Zalika Maszim Zartusht
Cedric Lesàre

Ostheim

Postby Ostheim » Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:11 pm

You can't provide what I need back.

In lieu of that, surprise me. And I'll take that key.

- WB

Kilaana
Administrator, Builder, DM

Postby Kilaana » Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:39 pm

Rensar Rulovic wrote:I have no time for games of words when the kingdom is at stake. Bite the hand that offered aid, and see it shut the door. What is lost to you, it is yours alone to know but if you do not share it, all shall live in ignorance.

R.
“Violence is the mark of the amateur.” ― Garrett, Thief: The Dark Project

Kallian | Delorwyn Lle'quellas | Wilhemina Alencar | Zalika Maszim Zartusht
Cedric Lesàre

Ostheim

Postby Ostheim » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:54 am

Just send the key, I'm in no right head for proper correspondence; life has been a bit miserable lately. I'll get back to you when and if that changes. If I thought you could help me, I'd beg of it, but you cannot, since what I need is probably living in a cave somewhere out in the wilderness precisely so I can't find them, and they are depressingly good at not being found. Focus your efforts on those who wish to be proactive against our current threat, for recent events have rendered me beyond use for the time being.

I hope you recover. I'm not sure what else to write.

- WB

Ostheim

Postby Ostheim » Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:47 pm

[A second letter comes after a time.]
I require a favor. By now you may have heard of Valroc's crime if you have ears in Sarshel. If not, know that he lost his senses and slew a young man in Vlasta after falling in battle. The man is troubled and damaged, but not beyond repair, and I love him like a brother I never had. If your sense of loyalty to those who have suffered and bled profusely to save this nation from endless winter is not enough, consider it a favor to me that you do what you can to ensure he does not face the hangman's noose. I do not ask for a full absolving of his crime, for him to simply walk freely with a pardon. There must be punishment, some penance he must pay, but it must be an avenue through which he will finally be mended.

I am not sure if you can truly affect this, but perhaps a letter to those who will conduct the trial would not go amiss.

The shop is mine now, with my compliments. Business is a touch slow, but so is traffic in the city itself. Busying myself with investigations into another group; situation with them is not quite as dire, but perhaps they're simply more subtle than our last adversaries.

Hope you are doing well now after poisoning. With fewer fiends to trouble the nation, perhaps you're resting easier.

I remain at your service, and at the service of Impiltur,
W.B.