Sarshel - Triadic Correspondance

Obsidian Sea

Sarshel - Triadic Correspondance

Postby Obsidian Sea » Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:00 pm

Enduring and authoritative as the spiritual guidance of Sarshel, and of Impiltur at large, Tyr, Torm, and Ilmater form The Three. Their representatives have social, economic and political roles within the kingdom and it is no imaginable thing to envision Impiltur with the absence of these Gods, who triumph the principles of Good and Law without error. Shaken but still standing following the destruction of 7th Mirtul, herein is documented correspondence between members of the church and associates of the church who had involvement in its repair and progress ever since.

Revered Sister Kelda,

What news from the moot that was held for Triadic representatives throughout the city? Was there progress made, and are the goals of The Three's followers as aligned as mine and yours have found themselves to be? Aid has come, and shall come all the more, progress with travel having been made by sea to reach the harbour. Yet we who stand, experienced in the disaster, and acquainted with not our recent trials, but with the city's mood and the people herein who require spiritual restoration, shall yet be looked to for aid in furthering the quest of our collective church.

My letters are all written and underway to fellows of the faith who shall aid us, and in those letters I have done what I believe Tyr would have me do: I have spoke highly of your contributions to the re-establishment of our position within the city. The donation of you and your husband shall be more than a few of the blocks that will build The Temple of the Triad anew. What it is that I require is news from those of the faith within the city, for many of them are of foreign stock, and they recognise you as the arm of our church that operates within their ranks. How must they be deployed? What has been confirmed and revealed at the meeting? Words of yours delivered by the pen or in person are welcome at this time.

Three bless, Tyr guide,

Lawkeeper Krieger, of Tyr

2nd Kythorn; The Time of Flowers

//OOC: This is an open thread. Player-player correspondence, so long as it is relevant, is most welcome here as a means of communicating when time zones and play times do not collide. The opening few posts of this thread attempt to be generous with the reality of how urgently these missives ought to have been delivered, owing to obligations of players and staff beyond the server which has made DM driven progress prior to now improbable for the community.
Heomar Bloodstone

Previous Characters
Aryen Caladras
Tristan Thalavar
Nathaniel Askovar
Elizabeth van der Lowe

Poisonous

Re: Sarshel - Triadic Correspondance

Postby Poisonous » Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:20 pm

Kelda chooses to visit Krieger in person the next day.

She explains that the meeting was not a moot of Triadic representatives (and she's rather surprised he thought so)--just a light meeting of faithful, both members of the church and not. She passed on to them the story of how the demonic attack happened, answered questions, and gave those gathered an opportunity to speak and discuss.

"There isn't much to report regarding the meeting itself, as such--it was an opportunity to air any concerns as well as have strangers in our city meet each other and learn each other's faces. Brother Casavir and Isendor Draal attended, faithful of Ilmater and Tyr respectively. Faithblade Serace and Sova of Torm, my husband, and Timothy and Ivan of Ilmater. Casavir, Isendor, and Ivan are somewhat recently arrived in Sarshel--I have written them letters of introduction to the other representatives of the faith."

She tells him a bit about each of those came to the meeting, including Ivan who has been working with the Theskan refugees. "He tells me that some are attempting to cross north of the sea, on a dangerous road, and that he wishes to work to make the roads safer for their benefit. We'll be working with him as we fortify the area around Tregorian's Gate, but I'm also looking for contacts that may prove helpful for him."

"Jerek and I are essentially finished with preparations for retaking the Tregorian's Gate area--I'll call on our brothers and sisters of the faith to help us then."

"At the moment, it's the poor--citizens and refugees in equal measure--that are most affected. I've encouraged the faithful at the meeting, such as Mr. Skyraven, to aid Warswords in helping make the city and the roads safe again. Others I've asked to help train and assist in the healing, which so many of our Ilmateri brothers and sisters were lost and can no longer do. I'm working to encourage faithful who show promise to join the Ilmateri ranks--some, especially the older children at the orphanage, could help with the healing duties where we're most strained."

//As stated previously I was interested in discussing with Krieger privately a matter, won't post it publicly so let me know if you want a PM or something. I haven't really been given any information as to representatives or the state of things with the faith so I figure I'm supposed to make stuff up. Apologies if this isn't the case. As far as the Tregorian Gate thing, just waiting for a time when it can be scheduled. Sorry if I left anything out about what was discussed at the meeting, was told chat logs would just be used so didn't take notes. Sorry if this is a crap post. Thanks for your time.
Mother Kelda Adler, priestess of The Crying God, wife, sister, mother. [Retired: old posts here and here]
Manishie, wanderer and songbird. Not a fan of sausage. Typically in Songhall, Sayildi's, or wandering...

Obsidian Sea

Postby Obsidian Sea » Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:48 pm

//OOC: A PM is absolutely fine, if that's the preferred method. Efforts to develop, once they gain traction or require the aid of other PCs, will still potentially use this thread as a vehicle for communication. I have refrained from being too detailed in terms of what the state of things are and how changes can/need to be implemented so that player initiative can take the foreground. The player can propose what they wish to do, and it will be negotiated as to how far it is possible. The chat logs are on hand, but partial and objective factors will be valuable in equal measure.
Heomar Bloodstone

Previous Characters
Aryen Caladras
Tristan Thalavar
Nathaniel Askovar
Elizabeth van der Lowe

Poisonous

Postby Poisonous » Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:22 pm

// kk, thanks man. Here are the initiatives she has taken. Half of them are rephrases of the same thing, or clarification, I highlighted the one that I know the result of (in this thread, the donation). I haven't been able to figure out what the result of the other ones are.
Spoiler:
With the help of Casavir and Isendor as well as others, Kelda reaches out to remaining clergy so they may regroup. She offers displaced or traumatized clergy a place in her home if they are in need, and she sets up shelters for those who have lost their homes. In the docks and city proper she visits houses, asking citizens to volunteer their own homes or supplies to those whose houses have been damaged in the tragedy. She organizes efforts out of her clinic for these poor souls, and provides funeral rites at no charge. She carries herself with a calm earned after a life filled with a strange assortment of terrors. And so on.
Spoiler:
organizing healing as you said, as well as anything Krieger might request of her, training any new Ilmateri (Kelda wants to try recruiting from the orphanage especially), getting aid from other branches of the Ilmateri church, that sort of thing. Checking whether members of the government are in need of healing. Identifying whatever the church (especially the Ilmateri one) needs to recover and helping it rebuild.
Spoiler:
Kelda speaks privately with Krieger:

Kelda attempts to tally the dead, wounded, and still living (don't actually want a list, just letting you know).
She shares her information with Krieger, lets him know that two Triadics (Isendor and Casavir) she trusts are reaching out to other Triadics in the area both for aid and to account for missing/etc people and to bring anyone back home.
She hands him 2 torntar, a donation from her husband and herself, and offers whatever organizational or other type of aid may be needed in putting the coin to use.
She informs him that she is working to take care of housing for the displaced--both any clergy that may have lived in the temple, and any citizens. She tells him she is having Casavir and Isendor (who, she lets him know, guarded the door while they spoke--but kept their distance well away from the door!) invite displaced clergy to lodge in her own home for the time if they are in need.
Finally, she asks if there's anything else they can do to keep things steady and rebuild for now. She offers to help train new Ilmateri acolytes, perhaps alongside Garrmin and/or Teresa--mentioning that there may be candidates at the Sarshel orphanage.
If I need to be more or less specific in detailing what's going on, please let me know. I'm not trying to make extra work for anyone, I just don't know what the current situation in the city is yet but I have shown initiative. If I should have given less information on what she's doing to avoid problems, I apologize! //
Mother Kelda Adler, priestess of The Crying God, wife, sister, mother. [Retired: old posts here and here]
Manishie, wanderer and songbird. Not a fan of sausage. Typically in Songhall, Sayildi's, or wandering...

Obsidian Sea

Postby Obsidian Sea » Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:25 pm

Faithblade Serace,

A matter of road security has come to the attention of the Warswords. In the going between Outentown and Thelnam, strange flashes of light have been alleged behind the hills and the treeline. A contingent sent to consider the matter of a murder and potential infringements of the wildlife onto the old road have reported an unlikely encounter with a beast: we believe it to be one of those responsible for the murder of a woman and her guard upon the road.

The matter of defeating the creature, however, proved the strangeness of the circumstance. The beast would not attack, and seemed against all reason to make attempts at communicating with the contingent. Two of our newest recruits assigned to the patrol are said to have fallen to the ground, as though their senses had wholly left them! The patrol leader, a man by the name of Kuznetsov, believes the encounter to have been of a heavenly and hellish nature.

You are known among the Warswords. In those days following 7th Mirtul, you held the banner of faith over the men and offered them kind resolve. The Tormtar have always had strong involvement in the Warswords and the security of the city surroundings. If you know those that are willing to accompany you, we fear that the encounter bears some relation to the terrors of 7th Mirtul: if you need the aid of the Warsword in this, or it proves not to be a matter of the church, you shall have it.

For the good of the kingdom,

Sword Rejejk

20th Mirtul; The Time of Flowers
Heomar Bloodstone

Previous Characters
Aryen Caladras
Tristan Thalavar
Nathaniel Askovar
Elizabeth van der Lowe

Silver Snow

Postby Silver Snow » Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:39 pm

Sword Rejejk,
The information you were able to provide led me to believe it was a matter that should be treated with urgency and swiftness. I regret that I did not have the chance to inform nor ask the Warswords of aid, but I instead gathered some able companions to me to look into the matter.
The matter of the road to Thelnam is settled. The creature that your men have met is no more trouble to the road. Older reports have spoken of its presence before, but were not looked into more then. The creature your men encountered was a "Moon Dog," a celestial servant of good. The nature of its presence and role was a complex one, but the simplest way to explain is that this servant of Good was placed there to destroy evil that crossed its path. It had done so thirteen times, but with abandon, without the consideration for the laws of the world it guarded. It was kept there by an order that could no longer be rescinded, a vigilant in a world it should have been a visitor to.

The creature was relieved of its duty along the road to Thelnam, though not in as gentle a way as I and those with me would have preferred. I urge an increase of patrols along the road, for some may see its absence as opportunity. I am glad to offer my aid, and that of the Tormtar under me, to the Warsword wherever it is needed most.

Ever faithful,
Serace Highblade, Faithblade of Torm

Obsidian Sea

Postby Obsidian Sea » Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:08 am

Lady Peveril,

What news of your studies with the shard of the Bloodblade? What progress has been made, if any at all? Troubling information delivered to me by Sister Kelda - now absent in pursuit of Ilmater's will - incites me to feel concern for your safety in taking the place. All is not well for those that spend time in its presence: even in the church, the very topic of it has disrupted the judgement of the strong-willed. And so, Lady Peveril, what work you and Ms Highblade have conducted upon the shard that you retain must now be relayed, for together a plan must be worked to put the blade to rest, or to know the purpose it might yet serve in the coming days.

Upon your reply and the coming of a next opportunity, I shall visit you at your tenement, 5 Shield Lane. If Ms Highblade can be informed for her attendance, I trust that you have a more trustworthy channel of communication with the mage than I.

Tyr guide you,

Lawkeeper Krieger, of Tyr,

24th Kythorn; The Time of Flowers
Heomar Bloodstone

Previous Characters
Aryen Caladras
Tristan Thalavar
Nathaniel Askovar
Elizabeth van der Lowe

Obsidian Sea

Postby Obsidian Sea » Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:59 pm

To Serace Highblade, of Torm,

The roads know new peace, and we have you to thank. Towards Thelnam people speak still of strange lights then and again in the night, but the Warsword patrols have secured the area and know of no trouble but the coming of hungry wolves and lonely demihumanoids seeking a morsel of food. Faith is restored in the Warswords as a consequence of your actions, and in Torm by extension, whose work among our ranks is known. Your continued perseverance in upholding the security of the region in this troubled time is cause for thanks, and though the people of the city may turn more often to Ilmater and to Lathander for their guidance, know that those of us who bear arms and prepare to fight the terrors that befall our nation pray to The True, and trust once more in His vigilance.

For the good of the kingdom,

Sword Rejejk,

2nd Flamerule; Summertide
Heomar Bloodstone

Previous Characters
Aryen Caladras
Tristan Thalavar
Nathaniel Askovar
Elizabeth van der Lowe