Sunite Correspondence

Ostheim

Sunite Correspondence

Postby Ostheim » Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:05 pm

[The following missive is delivered to the Rilaunyr manse.]

Lady Rilaunyr,

As a noble lady of Impiltur, stalwart warrior of the Realm, and a fellow in faith to our Lady Firehair of beauty and grace, it is my utmost pleasure to greet you, my lady Rilaunyr. May you find beauty and fond love even on this wintery day, wholesome in the fair visages of your companions or loved ones and all those of compassionate bearing.

Allow me to introduce myself as Knight-Errant Rannie Marrinson of Chessenta, trained at the chantry of Selgaunt, and sworn in oath to the Order of the Ruby Rose. I have come here to Impiltur only recently, as word of the demonic threat has reached even the far-off shores across the Sea of Fallen Stars. Though Chessenta recovers still from the calamity of civil war, I found it prudent and important to pursue the rumors to their source. That our faith is one of relative influence here, with your standing as a captain of the Warswords and the close proximity of the chantry of Songhall, heartens me greatly and further reinforces the righteousness of my decision to come here.

I write this letter mainly as method of introduction, to inform you that I, as any holy sword of our most compassionate Goddess, offer my service and zeal in faith most readily to you and to the lawful authority of the Crown of Impiltur. If there should ever be a matter that requires attention and is worthy of a Knight of Lady Firehair, I would be most pleased to bring it to a righteous conclusion, to the satisfaction of all. Already I have cooperated with Faithblade Serace of the Triad to affect the safe securing of the Old Road to Thelnam, and I remain most eager to provide further service, whether it be in martial prowess or beauteous advisement.

May our days both continue to be filled with righteous grace of form, appreciation for the beauty in both soul and visage, and warmed by the love of our fellows.

Yours in faith, service, and fondly wishing that you remain warded in the warm embrace of our Divine Lady,
Knight-Errant Rannie Marrinson

Wynna Blackwing - Scholar of history, ruin delver, intrigue dabbler
Rannie Marrinson - Knight-Errant, Paladin of Sune
Teobald Grzywacz - Outentown peasant, ranger and adventurer

Copper Dragon

Re: Sunite Correspondence

Postby Copper Dragon » Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:57 pm

It is several days later that the Sunite paladin receives a letter. It is sealed with red wax and carried by a better-dressed courier rather than some errand boy. While the contents were written in the Common Tongue, they feel somewhat archaic and convoluted. The penmanship is easy to decipher, clear and flowing.

Notable Knight-Errant Rannie Marrinson,

Such soft-spoken greetings are accepted with gratification by our War Captain of Sarshel, Lady Among the Lords of Imphras II, Protector of the Three Spires, lady Rilaunyr. It joys her to receive introductions from the ranks of the Order of the Ruby Rose today, in such plighted times.

The city of Sarshel was struck disastrously as you so forthright mentioned. For your concern the lady and the city both shall be grateful, fore the safety and restoration of our staunch Sarshel is the lady's paramount objective, and hast forever been.
Whilst she does not require your swordarm at present, she hopes for your blooming trust and loyalty towards the Crown and the Country during your stay. And should love for Impiltur grow in you and you aim to become her citizen, know that your solemnly sworn fealty to her ladyship, and the coin that you may contribute to our city's repair through her ladyship's tax, shall assist the commonfolk also.

Of the treachorous evil that hast befallen us and then fled, we as of yet know too little, and thus no crusade is yet called nor banners of the Warsword raised. If and when such a day does come, it will please the faithful lady Rilaunyr to know that a member of the Order of the Ruby Rose would swell the ranks of hunters; or of protectors.

The blessings of the Three, and the blessings of the Roseborn Lady,
In the name of War Captain, Lady Rilaunyr,
Hers in service, Herald Tulbraun Yirmyr.
Plays:
Artemis D'Assanthe, Dawnmaster
Udhana, the Kinless
Dhovainithil, Silver Elf
Jhasira of the Bai Kabor, Dawnbringer (deceased)

Ostheim

A Missive to Rilaunyr Manse

Postby Ostheim » Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:45 pm

[After long last, a second letter is sent.]
Rannie Marrinson wrote:
Lady Rilaunyr,

Would that I were sending this missive in happier times, for happier circumstances. It is my hope regardless that you greet the day well, Lady Rilaunyr, for it is the truest defeat we could have inflicted upon us is if our will is lost, our ability to love and see the world for the beauty it holds suppressed. The faith and zeal invested unto me by Lady Sune are indomitable, always and forever, and may you feel similarly even when the cold continues to bite and gnash.

Among other problems.

I write to you today in order to arrange a meeting. Not with yourself, though I would welcome your attendance as a War Captain, but to tap your resources in order to coax others to join as well. What I propose is a gathering of holy warriors and knights to occur within the coming days, in order to, quite simply, discuss and plan what is to be done about the current woes befalling Impiltur. Every week I am hearing of fresh horrors appearing in the countryside and along the roads, now as far down south as the fields around Filur, where yet another alien monstrosity was felled by the combined efforts of adventurers.

This is our charge to deal with, and I will not stand idly by to wait and see where next they slither. We must act decisively, and to do that we must coordinate our efforts. I will be personally inviting as many of my fellows in discipline and holy zeal as I can find, namely Jerek of Ilmater, so that we might all have a forum with which to plan accordingly. All I ask is that you forward this message to the other War Captains so that other paladins of the land can attend if they so desire; I am particularly interested to know if a Triadic Paladin of the Royal Council might be able to join us.

This is a threat that stands poised to tear the country apart, as it did seven hundred years prior. To speak utterly bluntly, we need to find our Sarshels before it gets to that dark point yet again.

Thank you for your consideration and unyielding service to Lady Firehair; may the darkness that crept within the Chantry at Songhall never have another chance to bring Evil in its wake. My sword remains yours to use, and my devotion to Sune to comfort.

Yours in faith, service, and fondly wishing that you remain warded in the warm embrace of our Divine Lady,

Obsidian Sea

Postby Obsidian Sea » Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:45 am

Salutations, Lady Marrinson of the Ruby Rose,

Our doors open once again, and The Velvet Chantry looks now as once it looked before! The hallways and the stays of my students have been swept through and the rooms and foyers all individually consecrated by dear siblings of the faith that have journeyed far to make our chapter once more a place of beauty and respite for the weary world. The memory of what transpired here lives on only in us. I know that it will never pass, and that we will each keep these memories until we are united with Lady Firehair in afterbliss. But we take heart, and bear ourselves most pleasingly so that Songhall and our visitors need not share in that burden, but in our beauty instead. Such is the principle virtue of our order: to represent Lady Firehair in our behaviours, and in the unquenchable burning of our beautiful spirits, so that we each radiate strength and assurances in the presence of those that require affirmation while the day is dark.

I hope it is with urgency, only at the end of imminent duties which you must undertake for Lady Love, that you shall visit your siblings here. When the chantry was defeated, we shared in one another's pain, and supported one another here in Songhall, but you were so soon gone that I fear the memory of what has occurred might still be too strong within you, biting with cruel teeth at your conscience. Let us supplicate your soul. The days of terror will soon end, before and beyond which The Velvet Chantry shall act with philanthropy to inspire the people of this nation to achieve new artistic heights, and seize the soul's greatest desires for happiness and opulence.

With Sune's Love,

Heartwarder Lorena Calenrar

28th Uktar; The Rotting
Heomar Bloodstone

Previous Characters
Aryen Caladras
Tristan Thalavar
Nathaniel Askovar
Elizabeth van der Lowe

Ostheim

Postby Ostheim » Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:20 pm

Rannie Marrinson wrote:
Heartwarder Calenrar,

I am glad to hear that the chantry has been restored and that our faithful have returned to a place of utmost beauty and sanctuary. I only regret that my vows and duties to the goodly people of Impiltur and the manifold threats they must contend with must keep me from making good on your offer. Perhaps it is what I truly need to more thoroughly complete my understanding of our Lady of Beauty's divine mystery, but I feel as though every day I spend in the comfort of the Chantry indulging in this is another that a starving Sarshellan innocent must suffer the indignity of winter and uncertainty.

Some day soon I will join you. Until then, I am needed. May you, as with our sisters and brothers of faith, continue to act as Sune's petals in this troubled region, in all the ways I cannot. I must act as her thorn.

Yours in faith, love and beauty,

Ember Moon

Postby Ember Moon » Tue May 30, 2017 11:27 pm

A sealed letter arrives at the Velvet Chantry, addressed to the Heartwarder.
Heartwarder Calenrar,

I write to you belatedly, as I have been hampered on the road and in my stay along the coast of Impiltur, but I write to you nevertheless.
My name is Vera Leuvaarden, one of the Initiates of the Chantry of Crimson Compassion, in Selgaunt, Sembia. I was sent here, to Impiltur and to your own Chantry in Songhall, over a half a year ago. To my delay, I attribute the running aground of the vessel on which I was aboard,
sailing the Sea of Falling Stars.

While I have recovered, the time was not without its pains, perils, and consequences; it pains me to put it down in writing, yet while the incident did not claim my life, it stole away most of my legs' function. In time, perhaps, and with effort, they will return to how they were, or something to resemble it, but until then, such is my predicament.

I have arrived in Impiltur proper just over a month ago, and have been preparing for the trip up the mountain's slopes since. It is fear, that prompted me to write this; the fear that I will no longer be welcome in Her hallowed halls. I have been convinced that this will not be the case,
yet it gnawed at me to this moment.

And so I ask of you, even though it is below my lot, to write back to me and ask for my attendance - or anything you may wish of me, otherwise.

I am at your whims, and hope that you will put my suspicions to rest, one way or another.

Yours truly, with faith and love,
Vera Leuvaarden

Obsidian Sea

Postby Obsidian Sea » Wed May 31, 2017 10:42 am

Beloved Vera,

In Sarshel and the outlying settlements many an adventurer is known to make their bed. For your injuries, and the sometimes-peril of the road, see if you can recruit the kinder of these folk to aid you in the journey towards the Earthspur Mountains, whereupon Songhall - and our Chantry - stands with open doors to greet you. Come forthwith that we might further and more pleasantly speak. Only the fewest calligraphers can extent the written word to be more titillating than a formal dialogue, after all.

Of your vessel's crashing ashore I am saddened to hear, but it is known that The Bitch Queen makes petty interferences upon the work of our Goddess - all that envy has wrought has been wrought pettily, Ms Leuvaarden. I pray that your craft is in poetry or painting, and not any custom of dance, and that you may still render service to the Goddess in deeds of beauty. What all can be done here within our walls to accommodate the fellow faithful shall be done.

With Sune's Love,

Heartwarder Lorena Calenrar

31st Mirtul; The Melting
Heomar Bloodstone

Previous Characters
Aryen Caladras
Tristan Thalavar
Nathaniel Askovar
Elizabeth van der Lowe