Outentown - Lordly Correspondance

Obsidian Sea

Outentown - Lordly Correspondance

Postby Obsidian Sea » Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:35 am

To Fenneken of the Flooded Forest,

Lord Nassour of Oldfeld is not ignorant of you - a letter has been delivered to the manor by the sentinel, Ornak Chrelteff, of whom you spoke in yours, and your involvement in previous matters of security have been acknowledged. He confessed frankly retaining his impression of you, and heeds you to be one of Lord Hysunt of Breminster's representatives in this land. More urgent matters of the Lord's office have divided him from addressing your specific concerns for housing. The ongoing plight that The Frostmaiden has laid upon Impiltur has made new construction projects a profitless venture for many settlements. If you seek lodging in Outentown lands, a missive will be delivered to Ornak Chrelteff permitting your stay at the Pilgrim Watchpost, which sits at the foot of the Laviguer and Pilgrim Roads. This may serve you meantime: the families of the village will be unlikely to take in lodgers whilst food is scarce.

If you seek lodging of your own, some tenements around the village have been vacated in recent months, for the region has been harried by many woes. It is for the purpose of being conscionable that I have received instruction from Lord Nassour himself to advise you against pursuing a construction project on the Vovodny lands. The Pine Forest is a nesting place for many dangers, and the history of that farm is a dark and haunted one. Resources cannot be committed to its construction as yet.

If you seek to see those lands yourself, do not travel alone. During construction of the Pilgrim Watchpost, the workers reported to the manor that they had been protected by such a Ranger - Scout Nemesk. Intelligence informs the manor that she is still a presence in Outentown. It is recommended that you enlist her aid. In the snow and changing season, it will be easy otherwise for one to lose their way.

Helm guide you

11th Kythorn; The Time of Flowers

The letter is delivered upon delay to 5 Shield Lane, owing in part to treachery on the roads - a concern held in primacy by Lord Nassour. The letter bears the seal of Lord Sulyim Nassour's house, and explicit instructions to be retained at the house of the Halfling, Perry Quietfoot, until such a time as Fenneken visits once more.
Heomar Bloodstone

Previous Characters
Aryen Caladras
Tristan Thalavar
Nathaniel Askovar
Elizabeth van der Lowe

OldBear

Re: Outentown - Lordly Correspondance

Postby OldBear » Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:56 pm

Perry invites the messenger in for afternoon tea, but when the messenger politely declines, he ushers him back outside. Perry then tucks the letter away in a secure location amidst spell scrolls and other valuable items. After finishing up the dishes, he sets out to look around town for Miss Fenneken, checking all her normal haunts.

Obsidian Sea

Postby Obsidian Sea » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:26 am

A missive arrives to the Pilgrim Watchtower, bearing the seal of Lord Sulyim Nassour and delivered by one of his own seneschals. The man declines the to stay the night at the watchtower, claiming a relative association to one of the farming families nearby the Angelus Bridge. Upon the front of the letter in Easting characters is written 'For Ornak Chrelteff, Sentinel in the service of Lord Nassour'.

News of the Tuigan disturbance has caused an unsettling among the people of Outentown, who are understood to suffer in spirits enough at the hands of Impiltur's continuing troubles. They have not broached the farmland. If they are spotted there, they will have proven themselves thieves in the scarce season, and must be apprehended for their crimes. As yet, news delivered has shown them to be a mute presence on the fringe of the land. If it is possible to know why they have come, then perhaps their purpose in going can be sped? While we remain ignorant, all that can be recommended is vigilance; watchfulness for they are treacherous.

Know besides that Fenneken of the Flooded Forest, a former and perhaps continuing companion of yours, has been given advise to seek shelter with you. This is no priority upon those who come carrying the business of the lords of Outentown, but otherwise she has her permission to stay until further notice or intelligence is granted.

Helm guide you

17th Flamerule; Summertide
Heomar Bloodstone

Previous Characters
Aryen Caladras
Tristan Thalavar
Nathaniel Askovar
Elizabeth van der Lowe

OldBear

Postby OldBear » Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:26 pm

Ornak would carefully print a reply letter and seal it in an envelope. He would then journey to the Angelus Bridge and request the commander there to either direct him to where the seneschal is staying or if the commander was worried about his presence at the farm, request one of the soldiers on duty to deliver it for a small sum. The outside of the envelope is addressed to: Lord Sulyim Nassour

Inside is written:

My Lord Nassour,

I will indeed keep a watchful eye on Tuigan camp and make inquiries among the local farmers as to missing livestock. There is also one in the area that has some contact with them. Hjalmar by name, I know him a bit but not well. Rumors speak of a battle between him and one of them, but then a later meeting that went well. I shall endeavor to see if he might aid in communication with them.

As for the other matter, your generosity knows no bounds. I will look for Miss Fenneken and offer her one of the bunks at your tower. It would at least provide her a warm shelter, more privacy than an inn and safe storage for her goods. I thank ye for your assistance for her.

Yer humble servant,

Ornak

Kerstman

Postby Kerstman » Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:53 pm

An envelope finds its way to the estate of Lord Nassour. It is sealed with black candle wax with a single capital letter F carved into it. After opening it the reader will find a letter which shows a message written in thick black ink.

Dear Lord Nassour,

Given these times of turmoil, your reply to my initial letter cannot be considered as late. It has affected all Impilturan citizens and more so the Lords and Ladies with responsibilities to more people than only themselves and their families. I thank you for the swift reply and the delightful offer for lodging at the Watchpost. The good Ornak Chrelteff is an exquisite host, as was expected.

It was a great act of generosity from your Lordship, however it is no more than a temporary situation for me. The details about my motivation shall be spared in favor of your precious time. As you wrote, a lodging of my own will still be my wish. Your suggestions about where to find a shelter and where to not find it are most welcome and helpful. It would serve my interest to learn from you of the possibilities to permantently occupy one of the tenements around the village of Outentown. I shall wait in anticipation for your response and it is my hope that an agreement can be reached which will suit both your Lordship and my humble self.

Yours Truly,

Fenneken of the Flooded Forest
Mains
Fenneken : Obscure arcanist
Leopold Thunersdai : Damaran Tempurian
Aleks : Rashemi barbie

Alts
Unger mac Rotu : Earthfast tunnel recon dwarf
Badger: Mute hin archer

OldBear

Postby OldBear » Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:14 pm

My Lord Nassour,

Per yer request, I have kept a watchful eye on Tuigan camp. I also checked with the local farmers in the area. So far the farmers have spoken of one missing calf, purported to have been taken by goblins based upon the broken arrows and prints found in the snow. There was also a missing sheep or two, but wolf tracks were found at the scene of a blood trail and it was clear they had made a meal of the animal before dragging the rest of the carcass off. The members of the Tuigan camp appears to be quiet and they have bought some basic supplies at Outentown without causing trouble, or at least as far as reported to me.

I did learn of one very disturbing incident just the last night. One that I know and trust was outside of Songhall and found a practioner of dark arts feeding mutton to an imp. He attacked it, but could barely harm the imp. The dark one ran off and he lost the person in the snow storm. I hesitate to write names in this missive. It is entirely possible this imp and its master may be headed down the mountain toward the roads I patrol.

Thus, my lord, I seek yer guidance as to the path to follow. For one thing, I do not possess a blade that I think will harm an imp or other lesser deamon. If you have knowledge where I might seek for such a blade, I normally use the hand and a half one, also called a bastard blade. Regardless, I will do my duty to you and seek the destruction of the imp and capture of its master.

Your most humble servant,

Ornak

Obsidian Sea

Postby Obsidian Sea » Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:02 am

To Sentinel Ornak Chrelteff,

The house of Lord Sulyim Nassour of Outentown has received word of the Tuigan departure. Your vigilance in watching them during the time they spent in the region is acknowledged as a fulfillment of your duty for which you should take a modest pride. The house thanks you, but can offer no assistance in your search. The bastard sword is an uncommon weapon in these lands, and if any blade like it exists and can slay any kind of Outsider, it has passed into undiscovery once more, or the hands of worthy Paladins. Take care of the village's urgent need: if there are calves being stolen, it is a ransom's loss. Goblins and wolves are threats like Giants in the lowlands now whilst the weather sustains Aurilian habit.

Take care that you remember your foremost duty to your lord: if you know of those that consort with Evil, and who might venture through Lord Nassour's domain, then knowledge of their names needs be passed towards the house of Lord Nassour. Patrols will be increased, respondent to the intelligence of your report, and if trouble comes you will not face it alone.

Elsewhere, and time permitting, it is the request of members of the house that you observe Scout Nemesk's business within the Outentown region and with its people. Word of her good deeds has reached the manor of Lord Nassour, and knowing her to hold a prior duty to protect the workers that constructed the outpost at which you are located, it is in our interest to know of her inclination to continue serving the region. Otherwise, may The Vigilant One take heed of your dutifulness, and our lands be made safe again under His watch.

Helm guide you

8th Marpenoth; Leaffall
Heomar Bloodstone

Previous Characters
Aryen Caladras
Tristan Thalavar
Nathaniel Askovar
Elizabeth van der Lowe

OldBear

Postby OldBear » Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:22 pm

Upon receiving the correspondence from his Lord, Ornak carefully and with some labor reads the message. Noting the increase of patrols, Ornak lays in a larger stock of food and other supplies. In the meantime, he listens to those that he knows when he hears the name of Aleira mentioned.

OldBear

Postby OldBear » Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:52 pm

A letter is sent back to Lord Nassour,

Dear Lord,

I have spoken with the lady Aleria Nemesk regarding her plans. She has stated she continues to watch out for the folks of Outentown. I expressed your appreciation for her services. She acknowledged it, but did not seem to overly care. It appears she does this out of her sense of duty and while it is nice you appreciate her efforts, she would continue regardless. I take her as being respected in the community and her actions as being out of a sense of honor and not being done for coin, respect of others or other motivation.

On another note, I have layed in extra provisions for those guards traveling by the tower. I shall continue to search for wolves or other creatures affecting your farmers in the area.

Respectfully submitted,
Ornak

Kerstman

Postby Kerstman » Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:26 pm

Dear Lord Nassour,

I approach you once more after making a harrowing discovery in the deeper bowels of the land. Many feet below the soil that is under your protection. It is not uncommon in such a place to find remains of the less fortunate people who have lost their lifes in such dark tunnels. Yet there I was drawn to a very strong and specific presence by the name of Leari. My question to you is if you know or any close to you knows this name? If so I am interested in learning her history. She is or was a young woman, but little else I can tell. Furthermore I'd like to add that this discovery was not made by myself alone. Ornak was by my side, as were other trusted companions.

In anticipation of your reply, I remain with kindest personal regards,

Fenneken of the Flooded Forest
Mains
Fenneken : Obscure arcanist
Leopold Thunersdai : Damaran Tempurian
Aleks : Rashemi barbie

Alts
Unger mac Rotu : Earthfast tunnel recon dwarf
Badger: Mute hin archer