Ilmateri Correspondence - Mother Kelda

Poisonous

Ilmateri Correspondence - Mother Kelda

Postby Poisonous » Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:51 am

In Kelda's usual simple and austere stye:
Sister Theresa, Brother Garrmin,

I came across Lady Scion Louhi Laakkonen and her retinue today in the temple's ruins, much was discussed. I like them. It didn't and shouldn't take the place of a formal meeting, but I filled them in on the situation as best I could (not well). Until a meeting can be had, I'll try to direct them to where they can be of help. For now I've invited them to meet with Anton, he has kept well informed.

It is my hope that the temple can be finally cleansed, soon. There has been a fervent surge of interest in the city, and more speak up every day of their readiness to fight back. Amen and all that. With this Lady Scion's help, and Artemis's, I feel we stand a better chance than ever.

Kelda
Last edited by Poisonous on Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mother Kelda Adler, priestess of The Crying God, wife, sister, mother. [Retired: old posts here and here]
Manishie, wanderer and songbird. Not a fan of sausage. Typically in Songhall, Sayildi's, or wandering...

Kilaana
Administrator, Builder, DM

Re: Ilmatari Correspondence - Sister Kelda Adler

Postby Kilaana » Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:48 am

Sister Theresa stops Kelda for a brief moment when their paths cross in the streets of Sarshel. The older woman smiles to see a fellow acolyte of the Triad, and takes a visible comfort in sharing brief words of duties. She thanks Kelda for the letter, and acknowledges its receipt with a hopeful look to the younger cleric before bidding her farewell to depart for a housecall.

A message arrives some days later from Outentown, bearing no seal nor envelope. It is rolled up tightly and secured with a sturdy piece of string dyed red. Inside, the handwriting is recognisable as Brother Garrmin's hurried, slanted scrawl.

Sister Kelda,

Thank you for your message. Forgive me for the brief, but I have only just returned from a night away assisting with a case of food poisoning at a local farmstead. It is of small concern, its source was a dead rat that was trapped in the floorboards. The decomposition escaped detection due to the cold, but not in enough time that the rot had spread into the rest of the pantry.

I am unsure what to think of such news you bear. But it is heartwarming to hear that the church has support from the lady Dawnbringer, and I regret that my duties consistently keep me from speaking more with Brother Anton. Word of his arrival at the Towers of Lamentation came to me some time ago, and Brother Athas of the Tower spoke positively of him.

Who is the Lady Scion? Please enlighten me.

- Garrmin of Ilmater
“Violence is the mark of the amateur.” ― Garrett, Thief: The Dark Project

Kallian | Delorwyn Lle'quellas | Wilhemina Alencar | Zalika Maszim Zartusht
Cedric Lesàre

Poisonous

Postby Poisonous » Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:31 am

For Garrmin's letter, she replies in kind:
Spoiler:
Brother Garrmin,

I am glad to hear about the rat. Not that it happened, but that the Martyr's reach still extends so far in these hard times.

Anton is a rock; Sarshel does not know how blessed it is to have his enduring spirit. I will update you and Sister Theresa on what is decided once his meeting is complete, a few days from now. His plans are to help the region at large, and I aim propose that we finish these acts with an interfaith attempt to cleanse the temple. I have confidence that we will have the support of those most capable in the region. We may not succeed, but that is no reason not to try.

The Lady Scion, it appears, is a delegate young priest of the temple of Siamorphe. She wishes to meet with representatives of the Temple, as Sister Cassandra's letter described.

I am looking forward to visiting soon. Stay safe and healthy.
Kelda
At the sight of Sister Theresa, Kelda readily greets her with a brief and friendly embrace, wishing her well and insisting that the Sister let Kelda cook for her one of these nights.
Mother Kelda Adler, priestess of The Crying God, wife, sister, mother. [Retired: old posts here and here]
Manishie, wanderer and songbird. Not a fan of sausage. Typically in Songhall, Sayildi's, or wandering...

Obsidian Sea

Postby Obsidian Sea » Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:38 pm

Dearest Sister,

Though we have been divided by our offices, the situation improves. The days we cannot meet are the longer ones, but for everything I endure, I hope that another's endurance is tried a little less.

I see my nephew less and less these days, but I am told no shortage of food or amusements has stopped him from growing taller and taller. Yet the volunteers that continue to have the time to enjoy the modesty of St Ashel's praise the donations that have been made to the home by you and your husband. Another, called Faile, is known to have donated toys and baubles for the children to enjoy; and of course lady D'Assanthe is another. The charity of traveling people is humbling in these lean times.

Thank you for speaking with the Lady Scion's retinue. My interactions with them have been brief, only. I trust your wisdom to lead them more than I trust my own: that much I have learned in the months since our beloved sanctuary fell. Upon that matter, I must say that I have been advised to relocate the dispensation of my services to the clinic upon the docks, where Ilmater's message is strongest. There is little else to be done for the temple before aid arrives: perhaps there is something that could still be done. But not by me.

I did send the visiting Priestess, Cassandra, to aid the docks just prior to your return. Word has reached me in my business elsewhere within the city that though the goodness of her deed is never in question, there is some conflict in dialogue between her and other representatives of the faith. I worry that I asked too much of her in supposing she should be comfortable to carry out her deeds upon the dock. I am not sure how much you know, but it is by my direction that she relocated there from the safety of Outentown, where she aided Brother Garrmin. If she would have been happier there, I must lend her my apology when next I can meet her.

May he warmth of His embrace be with us all,

Teresa Derlev, Adorned of Ilmater

21st Uktar; The Rotting
Heomar Bloodstone

Previous Characters
Aryen Caladras
Tristan Thalavar
Nathaniel Askovar
Elizabeth van der Lowe

Obsidian Sea

Postby Obsidian Sea » Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:26 am

To the new Mother,

All modest hopes I send to you this overcast day, with hope that upon the day of this letter's arrival at Monument Court it is of brighter hue. And if it should not be I know you will endure the same. Cause to smile is more common in Outentown this season. The people seem happy. But still I endure the same, knowing that the days of gladness must be weathered as equally as their calendar enemies, for I must always be fit to endure new hardships as life promises to provide them not only to me, but to all those for whom I am in service.

This morning I have smiled as much as the community, receiving the missive that informs me to address you as you are now ordained. Mother. How long every day is for us to execute our duties, and as such how long it seems since you worked here with me at the shelter, unmarried and itinerant in service to Our Lord Upon The Rack, seeking towards the future of belonging in the church that speaks "salvation" to have you. I look forward to the day coming soon when I might be within the city and embrace your hands between mine, blessing you for the blessing you do unto us, and the service you do unto Him.

And though the concerns of your office shall swell, I write to you for having heard your name spoken by another who might need your strength in the days ahead. It was a Halfling girl that I have come to understand is from the family Sureshot, bestowed with Ginny as her personal name. To my clinic was she with other adventurers submitted in recent days, and now I perceive some weight put upon her by the certain death of one among their party. I have offered to be counsel for she and another, but it was your name that she then said to me, and if when next in the city she sees you, I humble request that you impose upon her to speak of any burden she carries from this man's death.

It is her companion for whom I know more sorrow. A young squire bereft of adult years whose name is Lucan. For the death of this other man, a man of part-Elven heritage and wearing the badge of Our Lady Of Silver as a testament of his faith and Divine service, Lucan bears the blame. Their companion, known by Lucan as "Thael" and of the proper name Thaelandriel, lost his life to a spectral abomination. The spectre was slain, and so I have faith that the soul of Thaelandriel passes into his Lady's realm, but I have been forced to explain the urgency of the body's consecration and commitment to the earth, for fearing the inevitable consequence of Undeath upon the body should this not be done in time. To tell a young squire such things grieves me, but it more grieves him. If you encounter this young man, I know it shall mean much to spare his solemnities to have been bequeathed the blessing of a Mother.

Lucan has offered his back upon which to bear the weight of the body when we march from Outentown to see it buried. He has my reassurances that Ilmater will perceive this action as most holy, as I know Him to. I strive to honour the faith of the deceased, but know so little of Our Lady Of Silver's practices, aloof as the church of Her is. The humble practices of Ilmater are enough, and shall have to be adequate in the eyes of the fallen, for to tarry longer to await the arrival of others in Her church is to doom the body to serving The Vaunted. That fate is fit for no man's earthly shell.

With humility and perseverance,

Brother Garrmin

15th Tarsakh; The Claw of the Storms
Heomar Bloodstone

Previous Characters
Aryen Caladras
Tristan Thalavar
Nathaniel Askovar
Elizabeth van der Lowe

Poisonous

Postby Poisonous » Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:11 am

As usual, the reply is written in simple and austere handwriting, and smelling faintly of chamomile.
Spoiler:
Brother Garrmin,

Thank you for your letter. They warm my heart as always.

I've spoken with Lucan, and we'll be performing the rites at an old Selunite shrine outside of the city, under the moon. I hope it honors Thaelandriel sufficiently. Lucan and I have much to discuss, besides--it is my understanding that the 'Lady Scion' he once aided has since gone missing and was perhaps a servant of some darker god. Much to investigate there. He needs some looking out for, too--he has potential to do some good.

Also. Thank you for tending to Jonan Mard yesterday. He's a good man who's suffered much, and if I don't get the chance to check in on him in the next few days due to this funeral business, please let me know how his recovery goes. I know I leave him in good hands.

Ilmater watch you, Garrmin.

Poisonous

Re: Ilmateri Correspondence - Mother Kelda

Postby Poisonous » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:52 am

A letter accompanies one Sister Cassandra, penned and sealed by Mother Kelda of Ilmater, to the Tower of Lamentations in the northeast. A representative of the church might chose any number of symbols to stamp that necessary red wax which adorns Ilmateri correspondence--Mother Kelda takes to sealing hers in the symbol of the Broken One's daisy.

As usual, her letters are austere and simply written, and it is addressed respectfully to the overseer of the monastery:
Spoiler:
Revered Athas,

I write you now to introduce myself and an Adorned newly entered into our local church. Myself, I am only freshly appointed as Mother Kelda Adler of the Broken God (whatever good titles do) here in Sarshel, in the wake of our many losses. The task laid out before me is one of recovery--I am unsure what news you have most recently, but the Triad's Temple undergoes reconstruction now that the demonic taint has been expelled. We Adorned have endured more successfully than our allies in the Triad, and the burden is on us to help them in their time of need. It is a long road ahead.

I admit disappointment that I never gave myself the chance to visit your temple in person: I know it only through the vague understanding that a dear friend by the name of Anton has made the trip to you and returned stronger and more at peace for it. Whatever transpired there, you have my thanks. He has a way of being gone in worrying ways for great lengths of time, such as right now--I am concerned for him. If you know that he is safe somewhere, or some way that we might help him out of whatever pain he is enduring now, I would be deeply grateful to you.

Regarding the Sister who I expect has presented this letter to you: as I said, she is the Adorned Cassandra. She came to us a refugee of sorts from a country, and her heart is clearly greatly troubled. She has told me much of the trauma that still bothers her, and I feel that for her own sake she must find a way to move past it. The city provides many stresses for her, so I have suggested to her that she spend some time in a more peaceful setting. I do not ask that you make of her a grand project--but time spent with those of your order would surely do her good. I ask only that you let her help you in your tasks, and pass on what peace you can to her.

Someday in the coming years, I would like to meet in person--but I am too many months along in my pregnancy for long travel, and our Lord has far too many tasks for me here in the city. I am sure that I would have much to learn.

With hope,
Kelda Adler