The Halls of Prosperity - Correspondences

Kilaana
Administrator, Builder, DM

The Halls of Prosperity - Correspondences

Postby Kilaana » Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:05 am

The following letter is delivered to Dawnbringer Artemis D'Assanthe at her home in 5 Angel's Court, South Sarshel. Upon its red wax seal is the emblem of the Royal Crest.
To Dawnbringer Artemis D'Assanthe,

I hope this letter finds you in good health and spirits. Word of your interest in the Halls of Prosperity in the Old Quarter has arrived via your inquiry at the Threespires Laern, where goodservant Yennim Hareddyn, the Keeper of Keys, has forwarded this news. Rest assured he spoke only good things of you, and there are few in Sarshel who do not know your name and of the deeds you have done for the people.

Allow me to introduce myself: I am Scribe Sulnar Sameravyn, representative of the Royal Census & Property Office. I took my training in the King's Academy in Lyrabar, and hold a degree in civil engineering and architecture, so it is with some personal curiosity as well as professional interest in this acquisition you have proposed. Perhaps you may offer this humble servant with a better idea of your proposition, for as I understand it the conversation between Keeper Harredyn and your kindself was constrained by the elements of time and duty, and meanwhile I shall endeavour to brief you on what I know of the Halls to assist your decision-making.

I understand that you are a native of the capital city of Athkatla. You are familiar with the Goldspires and of its famed Rose Dome - its gold layer purported to be cast from the melting-down of the coins that were thrown at Waukeen's feet by her many beloved? I hear tales of how when the sun rises each day over Athkatla, that the Dome becomes a sight to behold, filling the City of Coin with a radiance to rival the sun itself. Yes, there are a few from the trade guilds that bring back such stories from the far lands; as a scholar I confess a part of me is drawn to such romanticized visions, but in Impiltur reality must often try to find a place among myth, uncomfortable as it feels.

The Halls of Prosperity once too, knew the presence of the Golden Lady. Even now I find it difficult to explain where we had gone wrong. I suppose it is easy to take for granted when routine runs its course the usual way. I cannot claim to know all of what happened, only that when the value of the Halanth fell to equal that of third-grade quartz some years ago, it was also when blame began to descend upon the clergy. It was not long after that Lender Agatha Trikase and her fellow waukeenar fled the city, with golden cowls to cover their shame.

You will have to be prepared to compensate heavily for what was left behind: in substance as well as in spirit. I lack the words to describe what is left of the Halls, for I do not wish to alarm you, but I will not be unkind to the memory of the Golden Lady either. If you wish, I will arrange for Keeper Hareddyn to show you the place before you commit to decision.

Until then, let us continue to hope there will come brighter days.

Kind regards,
S. Sameravyn
“Violence is the mark of the amateur.” ― Garrett, Thief: The Dark Project

Kallian | Delorwyn Lle'quellas | Wilhemina Alencar | Zalika Maszim Zartusht
Cedric Lesàre

Copper Dragon

Re: The Halls of Prosperity - Correspondences

Postby Copper Dragon » Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:10 pm

The letter with the Royal Crest is responded to with a scroll of fine, feminine handwriting - pleasing to the eye and bold in its flow. It is tied with a golden ribbon and bears a small wax seal of a rising sun over rolling hills; the symbol of Lathander.
To the esteemed Scribe Sameravyn,

May my first ever words to you be that of gratitude.

Your offer to assist in this project, as well as your careful attention to my background and my beloved city of birth, flatter me exceptionally. I am convinced, and we have not yet even met, that we will discuss the possibilities available to the Halls of Prosperity with an eye for excellence. Its former grace will not be shunned.

I will reserve ideas for when I may visit the Halls from within. Kindly note that few ill conditions would truly daunt a Dawnbringer, and I bid you not to worry for mine heart nor motivation. It is all the more difficult to fear for the Halls' future when in your pensmanship it is clear to me that this locale of the Golden Lady once knew much love and more awe. It has known such before; it shall know them again, now for a new god of splendour.

In Her absence, the Morninglord must instill faith in the power and importance of commerce. However, I would like to present you that the Morninglord's sacred missive is not merely the ever-motion of coin; it is the ever-motion, ever-exaltation of life; the eternal improvement of ourselves and our fellows' circumstances. In this renewal, art plays a pivotal role, not for its monetary value, but for the bounty it brings to the soul. It is my vision that the new Halls of Prosperity will draw in any and all who wish for newfound inspiration to persevere - or to change.

Should it suit you, I would indeed welcome the chance to meet with the esteemed Keeper Yennim Hareddyn and to witness the Halls. In the meantime, my prayers ring out for you that the Morninglord will keep your courteous and kind soul bright.

Humbly in Lord Lathander's service,

Artemis D'Assanthe, High Dawnlord.
Signed, 14th Uktar, 1363DR.
Plays:
Artemis D'Assanthe, Dawnmaster
Udhana, the Kinless
Dhovainithil, Silver Elf
Jhasira of the Bai Kabor, Dawnbringer (deceased)