Correspondence of Eycon Vangoul

Autarch

Correspondence of Eycon Vangoul

Postby Autarch » Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:58 pm

A pair of scribed missives are delivered to each of Sarshel's War Captains, Lady Rilaunyr of Sune and Lord Silaunbrar of Torm.
Esteemed War Captain,

My name is Eycon Vangoul and in wake of these grave tragedies that have befallen your proud city, I wish to extend my sincere sympathy and that of my liege, the Lady Scion Louhi Laakkonen, for the losses the city and this kingdom have endured through these months of long winter and in more recent weeks, the repelled incursion. I myself and the Lady Scion herself stood alongside those who fought back against this demonic threat within the city walls and bore witness to these horrors.

While a great deal of Sarshel's citizens may have chosen to abandon the city following these horrific events, I wish to bring to your attention that of those citizens that remain, a score of your citizens have already begun the long work to restore this city to its former glory. Among them are those who have shown willingness to enlist in the ranks of the Warswords, to lend a hand in the defense of their city and homeland. I tell you this so that I may request on their behalf that should they be accepted into the ranks of the Warswords, that they be assigned to patrol the streets of their home city and its surrounding countryside, so that they too may lend a hand in restoring security and peace to the city, as is their own desire and motivations to enlist, so that the city can sooner be made safe again and their compatriots returned to their homes.

In regards to peace and security within Sarshel, there is another matter of dire import which I must bring to your immediate attention. While the demonic incursion may have been repelled, the city of Sarshel remains beset by dark influences. Prior to this invasion, my associate and advisor to the Lady Scion in matters of the arcane and occult, Lucatiel Ivarr, discovered evidence of nefarious cult activity within the walls of Sarshel. Regrettably, Ivarr's investigation cost him his life but his suspicions have now been verified and I can tell you with certainty that a cult of the Dark Sun has taken a foothold beneath the city. Whether they may have been responsible for the tragedies that transpired within Sarshel or if members of this vile cult hide in plain sight amongst the citizenry of Sarshel, I cannot say.

Lastly, it is my hope that a meeting between yourself and my liege, the Lady Scion, can be arranged so that we may further discuss cooperation in our combined efforts to restore this city.

Signed,
E. Vangoul
Hand of Lady Scion Louhi Laakkonen

Aschent

Re: Correspondence of Eycon Vangoul

Postby Aschent » Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:35 am

*Weeks pass, with no response from either War Captain.*

*A single missive arrives addressed to "E. Vangoul", the texture of the envelope was a charcoal black with a grey seal of no extraordinary design. When looking at the missive, an imprint of a hand can be seen, it appears as if the missive is encouraging you to place your hand on the imprint. Regardless of how you attempt, there is no other way to open the letter.*

((Should you choose to open:))
Spoiler:
*When only Eycon places their hand on the missive within the provided lines, a tinge of pain is felt. The missive loosens and can now be opened. You turn your hand over and you see your own blood running over your fingers and palm, there is no severe pain. Those knowledgeable in magic might consider the missive holding a vampiric effect, in that when the pain came to Eycon, the missive gained strength to open. It reads:*
You look for help down foolish alleys. These people care little for those they "serve". We have use of you, something that will prove mutually beneficial in your aim. If this piques you're curiosity, you know what to do.

-Z.S.
*Below the writing, the same lines are outlined as they were to open the missive. Based on the text, placing your hand would likely signal you being interested. Should you place your hand, the same act will occur, pain followed by the imprint of your hand in blood on the letter. You see no other instructions and leave the letter in your pack. Oddly, the missive vanishes by daybreak of the next day. Should you choose not to place your hand, the missive still vanishes by daybreak.*
((Should you NOT choose to open:))
Spoiler:
*The missive goes missing by daybreak of the following day.*
*Either way, it appears that either the original missives were never delivered, or the War Captains felt it unnecessary to respond.*
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Retired Alias: "Evelath"