Lathanderite Correspondence

Obsidian Sea

Re: Lathanderite Correspondence

Postby Obsidian Sea » Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:44 am

Dawnlord D'Assanthe,

May the sun shine brightly where you are. What news of Sarshel, and the surrounding region? In you and Dawnguard Highridge let the nation remember what it is to see a glory so magnificent and enriching in its capacity that the strange snows of Tarsakh become as a comma in what is to be a much larger tale of Lathander's renewed reign over Impiltur. May you, too, feel the warmth of the thoughts of your brothers and sisters emanating from The Halls of the Morning Light as you bear the trials of the frontier.

Across The Moonsea, our allies of the church inform us of a growing heresy. Take not our silence with you to be a sign of abandonment: rather, let it reaffirm the knowledge that you bear the badge of our faith, and are trusted, worthy, as you have demonstrated, to stand in Lathander's name as the cliffs of Scardale stand against the sea, unmoved and unfading. Our aid goes now towards the north, and towards the ending of this false worth that is spread to decry Lathander and His overarching and daily display of glory, claiming Him to be but one of three that hold dominion over the day and all that happens throughout. Such falseness has been known in the past, in the days of Amaunator. It returns to us, but we hold our candles forth and our shields high, proclaiming the true word of Lathander for all to hear against the returning deceits of the Three-Faced Sun heresy. I inform you of this so that you may be the bulwark against it should it spread towards the east, but know that the utmost will be done by we, of The Halls of the Morning Light, to ensure that the heresy is vanquished in its infancy.

Tell us of your exploits, and your triumphs, for we do not doubt that they are many. Know that your presence is remembered and welcomed when it can next be taken within these hallowed halls.

Glowing regards,

Dawnmaster Corlius

26th Tarsakh; The Claw of the Storms
Heomar Bloodstone

Previous Characters
Aryen Caladras
Tristan Thalavar
Nathaniel Askovar
Elizabeth van der Lowe

Copper Dragon

Postby Copper Dragon » Mon May 09, 2016 7:32 pm

To the Halls of the Morning Light (Raven's Bluff)
Esteemed Dawnmaster Corlius,

May the dawn strengthen your heart and ours.
For, dear Dawnmaster, I must write you of a darkness that eclipses these rash and boastful heresies yet.

Word may reach you more quickly than my letter, though I have sent it on the fastest courier's lap that I could find. There are not many that remain in Sarshel; not after what transpired.

The snows have abaited and been replaced by rainfall, but the blessing could not have felt shorter. Evil has found the heart of the Impilturan city Sarshel, falling upon it in the image of a tainted, fiery sun - a mockery and complete opposite of the Morninglord's holy renewal of the day. A burning, infernal glow plummeted down onto the Temple of the Triad, and with it came a contingent of fiends from beyond our horizons. This and what was to follow I witnessed first-hand.

Enclosed with this letter you will find the copy of a retelling, written by an energetic Cormyrian scholar who was present through it all. It is a thorough and moving recollection. I myself would pen words pertaining to what we must do now.

The monstrosity that desecrated the Triadic temple is free and traceless. In its wake evil may bloom like a sickly flower of rot, and no doubt in the shadows vile forces stir, seeking an opening. While Dawnguard Westin Highridge and I can represent the Hopeful Dawn within the city, and must until more Dawnbringers might find their way here, it is with great haste and passion I beseech you to encourage one of our brothers to station at the recovered shrine; if possible, with members of the Order of the Aster sent soon after. Send any and all who can be sent; any and all prayers you can call upon.

Furthermore, shining teachers like yourself have taught that it is crucial to disarm fear as early as we can. Fear paralyzes, and Sarshel requires life to flow to and through it now, not for it to drain out of her veins - which it surely may if traders from other cities heard these news and quickly decided to abandon their interest. And for this reason I plead unto your wisdom and oratory prowess to encourage any and all your words can touch, to not turn their back on trade and traffic towards Sarshel and Impiltur, despite these unspeakable events. What love, hope, and heartful conviction you can spare, instill it n the people upon the Vast, so they may see strength here, not victims.

So much in the way of my requests to you, for which I hope you may not shun me. I am enkindled by what I have seen... arisen to a newfound strength only being plunged into such a dark time could awaken. That fateful night, I could see faces devoid of life and drive; I could see the failure and loss that so rightfully overwhelmed them. In the visage of the terrifying Demon, I could see all that threatened to destroy our ways of life. There was so much to weep for, and so many that wept. Dear, esteemed Dawnmaster: my helpless anger could only be matched by the determination I felt on behalf of them all.

Never has the flame of faith - in them and in the Morninglord's purpose - shone as brightly within me as it does now.

And I beg you see this flame: see it and let your fire grow immense in turn. We must come to Impiltur's aid now as we have in the days of old. May the prayers, good word, and kind deeds of my brothers and sisters from the Halls of the Morning Light and the Morning Halls find Impiltur, and accompany the efforts of the Dawnguard and mine.

From sorrow and tragedy, from fear and death; Life.

Yours in faith,

Artemis D'Assanthe, Dawnlord.
Signed, 8th Mirtul, 1363DR.
Plays:
Artemis D'Assanthe, Dawnmaster
Udhana, the Kinless
Dhovainithil, Silver Elf
Jhasira of the Bai Kabor, Dawnbringer (deceased)

Obsidian Sea

Postby Obsidian Sea » Sat May 14, 2016 10:24 am

Dawnlord D'Assanthe,

These are terrible words well-wielded which you send in report to Raven's Bluff. My heart is heavy like the sun as it sinks to read of the difficulty you have endured. My thanks go only to Lathander for seeing fit to preserve you, for it is the highest sign that could be for His continued faith in Impiltur. Your perseverance and the trials of the kingdom of Impiltur do not go unheeded by us. Where there is collapse, see the opportunity for mending: as you have done to the spire in the Silverwoods, do with Sarshel: fill the hearts and minds of the failing and the bereaved with Lathander's true word, and let their lives be enriched by a burning sun. The time has come for His whole ascendancy over Impiltur. Let these recent, terrible events, be but a means of scattering the rubble from which Sarshel can be rebuilt in His name. It is my charge, therefore - my willing charge - to send to your cause several missionaries and caretakers, who shall aid you in preserving the shrine and allowing you to commit your time to the city as much as you must to do the good work. Let it be that you are hereafter recognised as High Dawnlord Artemis D'Assanthe, and may your new station within the church serve as a symbol of both your and His rising authority. It is a smaller sadness, but no less a sadness in me, that there is not time nor means for the due ceremony of your demonstrated faithfulness to the cause, and to our faith - nay, Lathander's faith, for surely 'tis He that informs me with the wisdom to permit it - to Lathander's demonstrated faith in you.

Find enclosed a single balan. Though it may but be a small sum in the going forward, set it aside to follow this instruction, High Dawnlord: I have read and shared with the seniority in The Morning Halls this telling of the events of 7th Mirtul, and we are all struck by the palpability of the nightmare. With this profit that we bestow upon you, we beseech you to enter into negotiation with this author, Wynna Blackwing, to endorse new copies of 7th Mirtul that urge the role of Lathander in restoring the peace, and ending the threat. Such a publication would aid our cause greatly as we continue to spread the word of the church, and we are grateful that it is no other than you, High Dawnlord D'Assanthe, who is our voice in Impiltur, for cares of business and parley are better in you than in most other of the faith. Negotiate as you must to see a deal happen with Ms Blackwing, and if it must still be given, we of the church shall do our utmost to provide the resources that we can afford to making this hope a reality.

Shine bright and true,

Dawnmaster Corlius

13th Mirtul; The Melting
Heomar Bloodstone

Previous Characters
Aryen Caladras
Tristan Thalavar
Nathaniel Askovar
Elizabeth van der Lowe

OldBear

Postby OldBear » Sun May 15, 2016 1:19 am

A sealed letter is delivered bearing the wax seal of Westin Highridge. On the outside of the envelope is the name of Dawnlord Artemis and her current residential address. Within is a carefully written letter.

This letter involves an area that was explored, if you are not familiar with Shearpoint Climb, you might want to avoid reading it.
Spoiler:
Dear Dawnlord Artemis,

It is with regret that I provide to you this delayed report. Unfortunately it took place the day before the daemon attack in Sarshel. While I doubt it is related, it does involve a very disturbing set of facts and danger to the countryside south along the Royal Road.
I was with some other adventurers when we ran into Miss Faile. She had heard of some disturbing rumors off the road. When we investigated, be found what is said to be an abandoned monastery. I was unable to determine of what faith at the time. Frankly, after the daemon attack and my efforts to aid those in the city that were hurt, maimed or killed, I have forgotten some of what was fresh in my memory at the time. I beg your forgiveness for this lapse as I should have prepared the report no matter how tired I was when we returned.

Anyway, what we found within the monastery was frightening beyond belief. The place had been totally destroyed and blood and body parts were scattered far and wide. The most disturbing find was a spinning wheel that had clearly been used to spin body parts, organs and such together. As we explored deeper, we found to our horror the results. Constructs had been created from the body parts and somehow animated. They attacked us without fear and seemed to ignore our weapons till we had hacked them apart.

The most disturbing event was then found. We found a strange looking arm chair. I swear to you it was identical to the one we found outside the circle of stones in the southern lands. That night when you, Lori Peveril, and Sister Kelda fought to cleanse the circle we had seen the same kind of chair there as well. I can only presume the chairs connect the two places and events. While I know of no immediate danger that remains, it would seem to be a serious of events that are related and should be, I would think, investigated when time allows.

Respectfully submitted,

Dawnguard Highridge

OldBear

Postby OldBear » Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:49 pm

Esteemed High Dawnlord Artemis D'Assanthe,

May our Lord's light find you well this day. I have slipped this note beneath your door for I was unsure when you might be home nor would I wish to wake you if asleep. It is several hours before dawn now, but I wish to be well on my way once dawn's early light breaks forth to illuminate this coming day.

I write to inform you of my current whereabouts should you not see me within the city for the next few days. While I will miss our afternoon tea on occasion and the opportunity to read from 'The Light That Rises in the Night', I find myself strangely drawn to the meadows around the our lord's shrine. It is not so much a sense of danger but a calling that leads me there. I wish I could tell you more, but nothing is being revealed to me as to why I should be there, only that I should.

Perhaps if your duties allow, you might join me there some morning for prayers. Your presence would be most welcome as always. Yet I know your duties have bound you to the city for now and I would never ask to you to leave your charges at this time unless you truly felt it was appropriate.

Morninglord's radiance upon you,

Yours in the faith,

Westin Highridge

Copper Dragon

Postby Copper Dragon » Sun Jul 03, 2016 8:28 am

Cherished and Splendid Dawnguard,

Thank you always for your kindnesses, not wishing to disturb me. I would always open my door for you and hope to receive you again, as soon as the Morninglord may bid us.

I will do my best, and hope to have departed for our warm Lord's shrine by the time you read this. I may arrive late and I act to counter that, but I know all will be well; inspiration has come to you, and whatever the Light of Lathander aims to guide you to, I know all He will need is your presence. Trust in that feeling you wrote of to me. It is His touch on your spirit, a blessing.

Carry His torch in your heart up the steps! And may you be joyful all the way! I will join you with Shaundakul's haste.

Light, love, and liveliness on the path,

Artemis D'Assanthe, High Dawnlord.
Signed, 1st of Flamerule, 1363DR.
Plays:
Udhana, the Kinless
Dhovainithil, Silver Elf

Obsidian Sea

Postby Obsidian Sea » Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:59 pm

Two letters are sent out, seeking for High Dawnlord Artemis D'Assanthe, and the Dawnguard, Westin Highridge, from the architectural heart of Lathander's presence in the Sarshel region: the Sunsong Spire. Both are sealed with clear demonstration of the identity of the composer, who was undoubtedly the Dawngreeter, Kaleb Meadowspoke, whose days are spent in constant occupation at the spire, tending the grounds and welcoming those who make their pilgrimages there with ready hospitality. Their names read upon the envelopes which are handed to them. The content of the letters is altogether the same, forgiving a variety in vocabulary, pensmanship, and the structuring of his sentences. More or less in both instances, this is what he has written--

The night seemed lighter of texture the eve before last, and a day of quietude around the Sunsong Spire had left me with enough energy to ride out many of its hours by candlelight, reading the scriptures of our Lord as written by our colleagues in the west, and experimenting with the occasional and strange herb which has taken root in the Silverwoods, consequent of this strange season which continues to offend our holy message.

Those lost hours of sleep upon that night I could come to regret before morning, as I was awoken by the unlikely arrival of a man at the tower before dawn. He had trekked all through the night, disregarding fear of wolves or another malevolent force which is wont to circle the Silverwoods. His clothes were of a bold hue, defying the predator's of night to neglect him, and yet he was more clipped upon by branches and the thicket, which had torn at his costume whilst he attempted to push his way into the Silverwoods under cover of darkness and through the sometimes-indescipherable wall of trees around it. It struck me at the last that this might be a point of shame to the man, who had evidently contrived to make his appearance comely despite the hardships of travel, and whose efforts had been sullied by the road's given grievances.

He divulged his name to me readily, speaking as a Velvet Chantry Brother, Braedon. Long had he meant to seek out the Sunsong Spire, alleging that our very Dawnlord had been the one to advise its beauty to him, whereupon I amended his knowledge to inform him that such a figure is now to be addressed as 'High Dawnlord'. His apology was sincere for the mistake, though I perhaps took more offense to it than you would deem suitable. That hazy dark hour right before the dawn in which he had awoken me had frazzled my better sociability.

He told me of what occurred in Songhall, and the news troubles me as much as it saddens him. Though he was not there at the time of the terror, many of his friends had been, and upon his delayed return to Songhall, finding The Velvet Chantry's doors closed and many friends deeply disturbed or worse, he confided then in me that he could not comfortably stay in the fortress town, and he sought release despite the danger. He claimed he once promised our High Dawnlord quite intimately that he would make the voyage to regard this place of beauty, and fearing then upon his return to Songhall that there was not always as much time as one can carelessly imagine, he took off to find me here.

The dawn rose, and we beheld it together with awe. It is my shame to say that he had more awe for it than I, but in realising that, I allowed Braedon of The Velvet Chantry to teach me my first lesson that morning, which is to not be complacent or forgetful in the appreciation of beauty, which our Lord heaps upon us in generous supply. Regarding that sight, he said these words to me that I cannot forget:--

"What beauty rises here before us, over the conifer gorge and frozen pieces of garden that stretch from here to Ilmwatch. I am so glad to have remembered Lady Artemis' encouragements that I should come here. So beautiful. Looking from this holy place to that holy sight, I am confident in our allegiance, Dawngreeter Meadowspoke. While your God exists, surely Lady Love always must, and vice versa? For such beauty as this is the very sentiment of Her existence, and such glory as He espouses exists in its truest expression by acknowledging the world's beauty as She teaches we must. Such allies as this pair are the very birthplace of Goodness."

He stayed then until afternoon, and parted when I expected he might best encounter a caravan going towards Sarshel from Laviguer along the Serpent River, if any at all would run that day. His stay was short; pleasant; and his words warm my spirit for colder, quieter nights that lie ahead. The Sunsong Spire knows fewer pilgrims due to the climate, and at times, I can confess to being too idle for the preferences of any servant of The Morninglord, but it has given me a chance to remember the holy texts, and experiment with poultices.

Presently, aid comes from our churches in the west. Upon the arrival of this letter to you, I expect poultices and supplies will be arriving at the Sunsong Spire, which I can sell in aid of our mission and of those that explore the dangers and wonders of this vast and vibrant forest. I pray daily for you, and hope our mission reigns elsewhere in Impiltur where your presence is shining for it.

Warmest regards,

Dawngreeter Kaleb Meadowspoke

20th Marpenoth; Leaffall
Heomar Bloodstone

Previous Characters
Aryen Caladras
Tristan Thalavar
Nathaniel Askovar
Elizabeth van der Lowe

Copper Dragon

Postby Copper Dragon » Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:07 pm

A courier is sent up northwest from Sarshel, carrying a few letters - and tied to one of them, a small, canvas-wrapped crate with what may be supplies.
Adored Dawngreeter Kaleb,

May you bathe in our Morninglord's love and light.
I thank you ~ most humbled ~ for your letter, whose extensiveness has touched me dearly. I was distraught to hear of the Beautiful Brother reaching you under such conditions, but can be nothing but relieved knowing that he found you. Should anything have befelled him on his journey to the Sunsong Spire, you would have been able to aid, and more than willing.

Brother Braedon, as the Lady Firehair's disciples so oft do, is wise and considerate in his views on the world, and it gladdens me indeed to read what he has confided in you. There is a beauty in the dawn; and the dawn shines eagerly on all things beautiful. I hope you will continue your correspondence with Braedon even after his departure, for we of the Morninglord and they of the Lady Firehair share too many values to not foster our relations.

Have heart as you retain your enlightened vigil from the Sunsong Spire, Dawngreeter; for the road to the mountains is treachorous, and any beacon of light, any island of succor most welcome to travellers. Traders who begin their journey from Sarshel are now informed of the aid they might find with you, and I trust that with some, goods and words can be exchanged.

Speaking of words indeed, you will find enclosed a fine copy of Dawnmaster Eleron Aushyr's compilation of essays and stories, to help feed your soul and spirit; as well as two books for your lighter reading pleasure. Parchment, ink and quality vials have been sent to you as well. May culture and a human touch never be far from you.

With each day may your heart's light be brighter than last,

Signed, 30th of Marpenoth, 1363DR.
Plays:
Udhana, the Kinless
Dhovainithil, Silver Elf

OldBear

Postby OldBear » Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:19 pm

A letter written on nice but not extremely expensive parchament. The writing appears to be written in firm strokes most likely one of a man who has some skill with his penmanship.

To the Lady Rilaunyr of Sune and Lord Silaunbrar of Tor,

On this morning I greet you with the grace of my lord and wish to report a matter most serious if on first appearance it seems trivial in nature. This past night the home of the High Dawnlord and chief priestess here in your land was broken into and a load of straw left just inside the front door of her home. Along with the straw was an insulting, but brief note. If you would direct me to the proper person to speak to, I will provide more information and a possible suspect to the appropriate person.

I am concerned because if the party could do this, they could also possibly do harm to her person. As it is, her rest has been disturbed and her feeling of security in her own home has been greatly disturbed. I am currently standing guard outside her door during the evening hours, but would appreciate if a warsword could spend some brief time close by so that I might take the occasional break for a cup of hot tea or such until such time as the locks have been inspected and the culprit brought to justice.

Respectfully submitted,

Westin Highridge
Dawnguard of Lathander

Copper Dragon

Postby Copper Dragon » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:43 am

A letter with a rose-coloured wax seal and golden ribbon would seek its way to its addressee. The text within was written in bold curves by a feminine hand.
Cherished and Splendid Dawnguard,

May our Lord's light fill you.

I write to you on these rainy, thawing days with guilt and with admiration.

Guilt, for we have not spoken much in the last two months in private, and when we did it was for the slight that had been done against my home. Admiration, for I have noted your guardianship over the sermons in Sarshel's city square, and I have seen you walk through the streets; made taller by the Lord's words, made defiant and diligent by the dark news of our enemies. I have heard your name spoken with warmth and in friendship.

For all that you have done in the year that you are in Impiltur, and for all that you will continue to do, I wish to thank you. In my prayers, I plead for our Lord of the Dawn to lend you His strength; to bring you joy; and to lay down a path clear and enriching as the morning light for you.

The Winter Solstice has passed, and with it the curse on Impiltur; the Morninglord grows stronger, more victorious over each passing night. While we may not often meet, yourself and I, our glories and griefs are forged together under His love. May we bring His good work into the new year, however far in body we may be, but always close in spirit.

May your days grow ever brighter,

Signed, 30th of Nightal, 1363DR.
Plays:
Udhana, the Kinless
Dhovainithil, Silver Elf