[DONE] Anton - Adjustments

Moderator: Aethereal

Ataraxia

[DONE] Anton - Adjustments

Postby Ataraxia » Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:28 am

Since Anton hit level 4 (the first time he wasn’t complete dead weight), I’ve had the opportunity to develop, through role-play, his combat abilities and lifestyle to get a better grasp on his mindset, training and style in order to share it with others because they’re huge parts of his character. I’ve been portraying him as being physically strong but also fast because martial arts whether armed or unarmed require both power (speed+strength) and stamina. While some martial arts rely more on using an opponent’s momentum or force against them based on a doctrine of conservation of energy and accent on self-defense whereas others are more interested in striking hard and fast and using knowledge of human anatomy to exploit its weaknesses. Both have the same ends but different means and intentions. His combat style has developed into being a mix of both and in an attempt to consolidate RP and mechanics, I felt his stats didn’t portray it well at all:
12 Strength;
16 (17 with +1 at Level 4) Dexterity;
10 Constitution;
10 Intelligence;
16 Wisdom;
10 Charisma.

I did ask for a stat modification before he was level 4 (the first real milestone in terms of monk power) because I was trying to feel less insignificant in his contribution to a party based on an idea of “betting on the strengths of the class” rather than try to patch the weaknesses. He died seven times and thankfully with those mistakes I grew more acquainted with the server, enough to understand that min-maxing really isn’t necessary. What I’m asking is to have his physical stats tinkered with a bit to turn into this:
14 (15 with +1 at level 4) Strength;
16 Dexterity;
12 Constitution;
10 Intelligence;
14 Wisdom;
10 Charisma.

The idea is to finish with both Strength and Dexterity at a balanced number of 16 at level 8 to reflect the way his body is built and the way he uses it. He’s only human, both having dexterity that rivals an elf or, on the other extreme, the strength of a half-orc or a strongman doesn’t sound as appealing to me as trying to find a balance between the two attributes. And having 10 Constitution when I’ve shown him as having a high pain tolerance and above-average stamina in order to fight while yes, conserving his energy, but also knowing how to recognize openings to quickly exploit doesn't make much sense.

Last element is switching Great Fortitude for Strong Soul. There’s probably no death magic on the server but the nature of the feat feels very pertinent on the character. I’ve been putting effort into showing the spiritual side of the character and the way he perceives Ki (life force) to be as well as the way he manipulates it so he can be more than just a pair of fists in role-play. He’s begun introducing the manipulation of Ki into connecting with other beings, relieving some people of their pain as well as share his own energy with others through acupuncture and other pseudo-scientific healing processes based on the manifestation of a person’s inner world rather than verifiable methods produced from the scientific method. Not only that but he is a rather self-aware character who often has his attention turned inward in order to understand himself and grow.

I’m well aware that this is the second request I’ve made for such changes but there’s a lot to learn about the server considering it is vastly different from what I’ve been used to for the past eight years and while I’ve only been playing here for three months I’m doing my best to adapt. If there’s anything to explain in greater detail, please let me know. And thanks a lot for having a look at this request.