Aleira Nemesk - stat changes and animal companion

Moderator: Aethereal

ljuslek

Aleira Nemesk - stat changes and animal companion

Postby ljuslek » Mon May 16, 2016 5:40 pm

At the inception of the above character I had intended for her to have a more charismatic presence. But at creation I faltered, opting instead to give her more STR. If it's possible and deemed reasonable I'd like that mistake, the shameful result of my weakness rectified. Her current stats are detailed below with the requested changes in parentheses, I feel the amended distribution of ability points will better reflect her personality. I would also very much like for her to have a fox as her animal companion.

STR 10 (8) / DEX 16 / CON 12 / WIS 16 / CHA 10 (12*)
*Modified by -1 as the result of a recent brush with death.

EDIT number umpteen: Whilst I've a thread rolling for requesting changes to Aleira I might as well request some colour changes:

Head model 101 (no change), tattoo colour 1 #24, tattoo colour 2 #162

Obsidian Sea

Re: Aleira Nemesk - stat changes and animal companion

Postby Obsidian Sea » Fri May 20, 2016 7:09 pm

The concern raised among the team that handles the LETO requests is not for the positive change to Aleira, which unites happily with the way in which she is portrayed and received. The main issue is rather that lowering her Strength score to 8 does not so much make her weak; it makes her outright feeble, to the detriment of her ability to complete even some basic physical labours without an overdue deal of exertion or perhaps even aid from others. If this is something that you incorporate; can incorporate; and believe to be true and consistent with how you wish to play the character, we are not against the change. However, some explanation or confirmation of that from you, the player, would be helpful to the team in understanding the qualities of the character better. This can be done via PM if you prefer not to publicise character information on this thread, which would be totally understandable!

Thank you for bearing with us! :)
Heomar Bloodstone

Previous Characters
Aryen Caladras
Tristan Thalavar
Nathaniel Askovar
Elizabeth van der Lowe

ljuslek

Postby ljuslek » Sat May 21, 2016 3:34 pm

She's not known for any feats of strength. Small, medium or large. Except of course the display of strength that would be required to move about the wilderness with relative ease, which might well be explained by her high DEX and a general litheness of body. I see the dissonance her CHA score creates with the way I've played her as more of a problem than the 8 STR would ever be. But as there is a concern that the low strength score wouldn't mesh well with this particular ranger, even though I don't share that concern, perhaps a better way to better let her stat-line reflect her personality would be to lower wisdom to 14 and allowing the rest to go towards the charisma score?

A drop of WIS to 14 would still allow her to be played as an empathic, perceptive and generally 'wise' individual while also allowing the charisma score to much better reflect the way I've been having her project that empathy to friends and others. Hopefully 14 WIS would also let her keep the early ranger spell slot.

Thank you for your time and consideration of this request, means a lot :)

Obsidian Sea

Postby Obsidian Sea » Sat May 21, 2016 7:09 pm

Concerning the member of the LETO team that requested this information, this was as much for clarification and for your own awareness for RPing her in the future than due to a rejection of the original request. Lowering Strength to 8 and raising Charisma with those points is approved by the team, if you wish to stick with it. :)
Heomar Bloodstone

Previous Characters
Aryen Caladras
Tristan Thalavar
Nathaniel Askovar
Elizabeth van der Lowe

ljuslek

Postby ljuslek » Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:36 pm

ljuslek wrote:... I would also very much like for her to have a fox as her animal companion.
Any progress with this particular part of my rather lengthy flurry of requests? Would be nice to get the roleplay around Aleira's animal companion rolling! As ever, thank you for your time and consideration :)

EDIT: While waiting for confirmation on an animal companion change I've fudged up an IC reason for Aleira running around with her default animal companion (a bear). If the change is to be enacted I'd love a heads up so the bear can be retired with dignity :)

Kilaana
Administrator, Builder, DM

Postby Kilaana » Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:22 pm

Sorry about the delay, but the change to the Animal companion should be done now and available after the server reset.
“Violence is the mark of the amateur.” ― Garrett, Thief: The Dark Project

Kallian | Delorwyn Lle'quellas | Wilhemina Alencar | Zalika Maszim Zartusht
Cedric Lesàre