Thaelrin Isval'tha - Stat Change

Moderator: Aethereal

Danuvis

Thaelrin Isval'tha - Stat Change

Postby Danuvis » Fri May 20, 2016 10:17 pm

Hey!

The character in question, Thaelrin, was created during my early TER days, and thus he carries the same trend as some of my older characters once did (and some still do); Charisma was used as a dump stat. I'd like to remedy this, if possible, by reducing his Wisdom to 14 and putting the four points from it to Charisma in order to justify how the character has been portrayed since I've begun to RP him. 12 Charisma is considerably more befitting than 8 for a moon elf whose background, travels, and personality alike would justify being approachable and socially apt.

Thanks for your consideration!

Obsidian Sea

Re: Thaelrin Isval'tha - Stat Change

Postby Obsidian Sea » Tue May 24, 2016 7:35 pm

Hey Danuvis! Having discussed the matter, the LETO team has decided that this request is unsuitable for approval due to the volume of PCs & LETO Requests that we have handled on your behalf. This is not meant to be offend, and hopefully this shall serve as a notice to other players who read it that it does not feel reasonable for the team to deal in excess with individual players, amending details that we thoroughly recommend you consider before character conception. We want you to be as comfortable with all of your PCs as possible, but the responsibility to tailor your character's mechanics and personality to compliment one another is foremostly your own, which at some point we cannot be responsible for.
Heomar Bloodstone

Previous Characters
Aryen Caladras
Tristan Thalavar
Nathaniel Askovar
Elizabeth van der Lowe

Danuvis

Postby Danuvis » Tue May 24, 2016 9:07 pm

Hey!

Whilst I wholeheartedly symphatise with the team and agree with the notion, I find it worthwhile to mention that my transition to TER and NWN as a whole wasn't an easy one, certainly not in terms of time. It took me a long while to realise how stats come into play, to understand how the game worked in general.

I come from a vastly different game (WoW) where stats in particular have no influence whatsoever in one's RP, and so the character in question fell victim to the aforementioned stat dumping and mechanical prioritising that I thought prudent and ordinary at the time. I didn't see them as RP related stats for a fair while, and by the time I did, it was too late to undo the damage that had been done. I wish I had been offered better guidance in the beginning, but sadly that wasn't the case, as I was ushered to jump blindly into NWN.

Merely in case it's not known, Thaelrin is nearly as old a character as Garvin or Merney, he wasn't created recently, nor did I begin roleplaying him only now. If that was the case, I wouldn't have had the audacity to ask for stat changes in the light of my numerous requests, and I've fretted over this before in TER's Skype chat, too. Believe me, I don't wish to trouble or inconvenience any of you more than I already have, especially after how much aid and leeway I've been given, for which I'm thankful, really, I do appreciate it.

Now, I don't think the request unreasonable in the least with the character's age and my background kept in mind, and I've already had to accept another character's, namely Merney's, initial stats for what they are and adopted that accordingly into his RP. Thaelrin's current stats may seem like a nuisance at worst, but I'll be blunt and let you know that his Charisma score makes him uncomfortable to play, and if that discomfort forces me to choose between discarding the character or continuing playing him as he is, chances are that I'll resort to the latter, as I do really like the character, and already having two crude(r) main characters makes it really difficult for me to differentiate quirks and mannerisms of 8 Charisma between several PCs, especially so when it comes to an elf that it makes precious little sense for.

Lastly, I apologise for being a bit of a thorn in one's posterior. Should none of this be new, feel free to disregard this post, and thank you again for your consideration in the first place! I'm hoping (and planning) on this being the last request, and that it'll likely be, no matter the outcome.

Kilaana
Administrator, Builder, DM

Postby Kilaana » Tue May 24, 2016 9:50 pm

I understand the desire to play a character that is close to one's heart, or the desire to try out a concept that has been sometime in the making. May I suggest simply re-creating your elf? You can always request to delete the old one then.
“Violence is the mark of the amateur.” ― Garrett, Thief: The Dark Project

Kallian | Delorwyn Lle'quellas | Wilhemina Alencar | Zalika Maszim Zartusht
Cedric Lesàre

Danuvis

Postby Danuvis » Wed May 25, 2016 1:02 pm

That, oddly enough, didn't cross my mind, and I'll definitely consider it, but first I'd like to brainstorm some more over how to potentially adopt his current Charisma score into his RP and personality. If anyone has advice or suggestions to offer regarding it, I'd be glad to hear them, preferably via PM. You can consider this topic closed, regardless, thank you.