Lev Balakov - Feat Swap (& Familiar Swap)

Moderator: Aethereal

Feronius

Lev Balakov - Feat Swap (& Familiar Swap)

Postby Feronius » Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:14 pm

After hitting level 6 very recently and picking up the Greater Spell Penetration feat on Lev Balakov to accompany the Spell Penetration feat he already had, I decided to look into what they do exactly. I soon realized the feats don't really do anything for my PC.
Not only are mobs with spell penetration fairly uncommon, the only non-level 0 spell he has where spell penetration applies is Magic Missile - a spell I seldom use and may ditch because it shares its spell slots with Animate Weapon, Mage Armour and Magic Weapon.

This means 2 out of my 4 feats total are pretty much completely pointless, which isn't great. They add nothing to the RP either.

If possible, I would like to swap out Spell Penetration (chosen at level 3) and Greater Spell Penetration (chosen at level 6) in favour of Extend Spell (at level 3) and Energy Resistance: Cold (at level 6). The latter is very situational too, but it fits my character's theme.

I'm pretty happy with my spell selection (and can always swap those out next level) and plan to divide my skill points the exact same way I currently have them. 9 Concentration, 9 Heal, 4 (or 5?) Knowledge: Dungeoneering, 5 Knowledge: Nature, 9 Spellcraft.

I patiently await the TER staff's decision on the matter.
Last edited by Feronius on Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lev Balakov | Radovan Kazac

Feronius

Re: Lev Balakov - Feat Swap (& Familiar Swap)

Postby Feronius » Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:05 pm

Could I use this thread to also request a change in familiar? It seems a bit silly to create a separate second thread.

Browsing TER's wiki earlier in regards to the Sorcerer related stuff I noticed hawks are available as a familiar on TER.
So far I have barely ever used my familiar in RP. Would it be possible to also swap out my Weasel familiar for a Hawk?
(I think the only ones who have seen Lev with a Weasel familiar are Merney Valroc and Aleira Nemesk. And then it died.)

A bit of falconer RP would allow Lev to portray a normal occupation, besides just the generic adventurer/ mage shtick.

Obsidian Sea

Postby Obsidian Sea » Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:19 pm

Both parts of the request have been approved and will be resolved at the next convenient opportunity for player & DMs.
Heomar Bloodstone

Previous Characters
Aryen Caladras
Tristan Thalavar
Nathaniel Askovar
Elizabeth van der Lowe

Feronius

Postby Feronius » Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:49 pm

Giving this a little bump, as I suspect the familiar swap may have slipped through the cracks. There is no rush whatsoever though.

Obsidian Sea has kindly sorted the feat swap a few weeks back. Lev Balakov's Weasel familiar just needs to be changed to a Hawk.

Kilaana
Administrator, Builder, DM

Postby Kilaana » Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:00 am

Done
“Violence is the mark of the amateur.” ― Garrett, Thief: The Dark Project

Kallian | Delorwyn Lle'quellas | Wilhemina Alencar | Zalika Maszim Zartusht
Cedric Lesàre