Merney Valroc - Stat Change

Moderator: Aethereal

Danuvis

Merney Valroc - Stat Change

Postby Danuvis » Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:01 pm

Heya,

After a fair bit of thought, and this has been on my mind for quite a few months, I believe that 10 INT is too low for Merney as a character and person, and I'm confident in saying that everyone who has roleplayed with him since the early days, or at all, is inclined to agree. My portrayal of his articulation, analysis of situations, mental acuity in general, etc, have pointed toward a higher statline, as they still do.

Naturally, the stat number is of my own choosing, and thusly my own fault, but in my defense it was chosen during my first week of playing TER/NWN and so I fell prey to a beginner's mistake; had I back then understood the implications and true meaning of stats, that they had to be played out as written, that they actually mattered, I would've never portrayed Merney as I have since the early days, but alas, it's not something I can change now - nor would I. His other stats, I feel, have been played out accordingly and befittingly, so in other departments there should be no cause for concern.

As such, plainly put, I'd like to - if acceptable - have his INT increased to 12 by lowering his CON to 15.

As always, thank you for your consideration and my apologies for the fuss!

EDIT: I'd not mind being granted the 8 skill points that 2 points of INT would yield, but I'll not demand for them either! If they could be given, though, I would see 4 invested in Knowledge: Local and the rest in Knowledge: Geography, both of which seem sensible to me, given how much time Merney has spent in Impiltur and especially in the company of a native ranger (Aleira), so he would've learned plenty by now!

Kilaana
Administrator, Builder, DM

Re: Merney Valroc - Stat Change

Postby Kilaana » Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:48 pm

Done.
“Violence is the mark of the amateur.” ― Garrett, Thief: The Dark Project

Kallian | Delorwyn Lle'quellas | Wilhemina Alencar | Zalika Maszim Zartusht
Cedric Lesàre