Changes to Amberdrake

Moderator: Aethereal

EppyAl

Changes to Amberdrake

Postby EppyAl » Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:48 am

Hello All,

for a considerable amount of time now I have been debating on submitting this as a Leto or as a request to just start Amber over. I realize that I made multiple mistakes with him since his start.

Mistake 1: When readingt he Wiki and seeing all the fancy shifting feats, I was under the original understanding that those were feats that were available to the Druid due to the custom system. I have since learned that it is simply the one Bonus feat that is acheived at Level 7. Many of Ambers stats were built from Go based on the idea of getting multiple shifter based feats.

Change request 1: I would like to Adjust Amber's stats from

Str: 12
Dex: 14
Con: 13
Int: 13
Wis: 15
Charisma: 9

To be a more round set of numbers
Str: 14
Dex: 14
Con: 12
Wis: 14
Int: 14
Cha: 10

Mistake 2:
As he has pretty much been a front liner since his creation due to my lack of understanding on how ammo was gathered, I would like to remove his archery based feats - Point blank shot and Rapid shot - and replace them with Expertise and Extend spell.

One of the reasons I have not been playing him as much is that I understand that this is a fairly large request. If the team does not see fit to make the changes above, I would seek to request to remake him from scratch with the hope of maintaining his equipment and story/rp till now but starting as a new character mechanically.

I thank you for your time. If you have any questions please feel free to let me know.

Obsidian Sea

Re: Changes to Amberdrake

Postby Obsidian Sea » Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:25 pm

The team are in agreement that the first half of this request can be satisfied due to the character's relative youth and the altogether minor shifts that are being made, which aren't likely to conflict too much with how he has been presented to date.

The second part of the request has not been approved, however. These changes in addition to those that have been approved essentially call for an entire character rebuild. You are invited to make a new character, as there is no limit to the number of characters any player can bring to TER with us, however equipment, XP and money will not be transferred.
Heomar Bloodstone

Previous Characters
Aryen Caladras
Tristan Thalavar
Nathaniel Askovar
Elizabeth van der Lowe

EppyAl

Postby EppyAl » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:37 am

If I perform the rebuild as a new character, may I keep the rp with him, though? Even though Mechanically he will be a brand new character?

I appreciate the quick turn around for the request. As Amber is essentially my SOLO character I feel a the rebuild would would bring me more overall enjoyment of the character. Though the friendships he has already made I would like to keep. Also starting him over would allow him a greater opportunity to run with the other low level characters.

Kilaana
Administrator, Builder, DM

Postby Kilaana » Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:40 pm

Sorry for the delay in answering this post. You are welcome to retain any RP that Amberdrake has already done, unless you strongly feel that his RP must be strictly aligned with his character sheet. I think you might find that most players aren't all that particular about it, unless if it were a PnP session, then... perhaps you should worry a bit. :)
“Violence is the mark of the amateur.” ― Garrett, Thief: The Dark Project

Kallian | Delorwyn Lle'quellas | Wilhemina Alencar | Zalika Maszim Zartusht
Cedric Lesàre