[CONCLUDED] Player Event: Midsummer Revels - Join us!

Copper Dragon

[CONCLUDED] Player Event: Midsummer Revels - Join us!

Postby Copper Dragon » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:44 pm

Flyers and hearsay may spread the following message. Sarshel and Outentown are the prime locations where the news are carried.
CONTESTS! CONQUESTS! CONSUMATION!

Revel with us in Midsummer's celebration in the Year of the Wyvern!
Enjoy, feast and thrive on the loudest, warmest, happiest holy day!

Food, drinks, and knicknacks can be bought at the vendors as you join the day together.

BUT HAVE YOU TALENT? HAVE YOU SKILL? HAVE YOU THE HEART? (or throat?)

For there will be competitions of the most revelrous kind!
The winner shall be crowned the King or the Queen of Midsummer: a prestigious title that they may proudly carry unto the next year! Prizes, tokens, and the title yours to win!
But hark!, how will your worth be tested for the crown?
~~~~
CORNUCOPIA: THE HORN OF ABUNDANCE
You will test your throat and stomach against the hardiest of Impiltur - and Impiltur knows hardy people. Drink shall be poured! Flooded! With hearty beers provided by Sarshel's finest brewery, The Kingfisher. You will drink rounds with your fellows until only one drinker stands!

RIVALRY Of ROPE
You will test your strength and your spirit of unity in tug-of-war - one of the oldest competitions, known for its simplicity yet intensity also. The group who hold their ground the best win this contest.

MASTER OF THE BOW
You will test your skill at archery against your fellows. Out of shots three, your best will count towards your score.

FOEHAMMER
You will test your aim and strength in hammer throwing, a tradition in Impiltur that will now be resurrected. Out of throws two, your farthest will count towards your score.

THE SONGMASTER OF MIDSUMMER
You will perform for our loving and cheering audience - and the audience will listen and vote. The jury and the audience's votes combined will provide us with the winner. The winner earns the title of Songmaster of Midsummer, and those who join this competition will not compete in the other events unless they wish to. Instead, they are to receive drink, meals and patronage, should they offer further entertainment for us all.

CHALLENGES
Should you find Lady Luck's smile waning on you, have heart and take the Morninglord abreast! For those who go the extra mile are given extra points! But beware - these are challenges, no easy prizes!

The Goblet of Good Taste: You will be given wine whose make and vintage you must guess correctly.

The Wells of Generosity: You will traverse a path lined by friends and foes that toss the contents of buckets at you, and you must arrive as dryly as possible across.

The Strength of Many: You alone will be put against others in a tug of war and you must stay on your feet for three counts.
~~~~
THE SCORES
1st place in a competition: earns 5 points
2nd place in a competition: earns 3 points
3rd place in a competition: earns 2 points
Participation: earns 1 point per event
Challenges: earns 1 point per challenge

Winner will be crowned the King or Queen of Midsummer, who may take a consort to their side, who shall be the queen or king respectively; second place will be knighted to Knight or Dame of Midsummer; third place will be proclaimed a Master or Mistress of Midsummer.

While Chauntea, Tempus, Tymora, and Milil will be all certainly invoked during these contests, let the bustling love of Lathander bind them - and you!

CELEBRATE!
SEIZE THE DAY.

High Dawnlord Artemis D'Assanthe, in the name of the Morninglord's Clergy.

OOC:
Time: Between 30 - 31st July I'm hosting a few contests. As these are Saturday and Sunday, I hope to spread out the competitive events at least to a degree: Cornucopia and Foehammer would take place on Saturday, starting at 8.30pm Central European Timezone (summertime), with the remainder events on Sunday, 8.30pm CET summertime.
Once I have in game access again, possible prizes will be made more concrete. Have an idea or request for a prize? PM me! If not, I've a few small ideas already. ;)
Most importantly, have FUN and join, join, join! Who's with me for Midsummer?! Give me a Yay / Nay and post below!
Last edited by Copper Dragon on Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Plays:
Artemis D'Assanthe, Dawnmaster
Udhana, the Kinless
Dhovainithil, Silver Elf
Jhasira of the Bai Kabor, Dawnbringer (deceased)

Hagra
Builder

Re: Player Event: Midsummer Revels - Join us!

Postby Hagra » Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:05 am

Sunday for sure. May not be able to make Saturday.

ljuslek

Postby ljuslek » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:23 am

Copper Dragon wrote:Give me a Yay / Nay and post below!
//Yay! Will be around for both days.

Aleira Nemesk, having promised to show one of the women of the thaedar how she can shoot her bow truer than any man will surely attend the revelries.

Copper Dragon

Postby Copper Dragon » Sun Jul 24, 2016 5:23 pm

OOC: Bumping this thread! Could you post below if you're (planning on) attending, and for which events?
Plays:
Udhana, the Kinless
Dhovainithil, Silver Elf

blatob
Builder

Postby blatob » Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:04 pm

// Most probably both dates will work.

Crusader

Postby Crusader » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:06 am

Being ever the boastful reveller, Hjalmar of Holgerstead vowed that he would claim the champion's purse in all the strength challenges, and be crowned as the King of Midsummer by the end of the festivities.

// I hope to be present for both evenings :)
Hjalmar Godefroy - Yellow-toothed Bane of the Hobgoblin Horde & Slayer of Morg the Bloodletter

Ardan Kalessin - Knight of the Old Oak

Lucan Faragher - Hand of the Lady Scion

Danuvis

Postby Danuvis » Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:47 pm

// I should be able to attend!

Obsidian Sea

Postby Obsidian Sea » Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:19 pm

The time to depart Vlasta had come with the arrival of news concerning Artemis D'Assanthe and her grand plans for the season's festivities. The weather might be showing a change for the better, but not all had been repaired. The road would be long, and insignificant as it was, Vlasta had received the news less quickly than it ought to have done to ascertain Nathaniel Askovar's swift arrival at the revels. Nevertheless, Demethien was true. Before the festivities could come to an end, they would have the Bard's attendance.

//OOC: It is highly likely that I will be there on Sunday, although there's nothing to be done about Saturday for me. Even so, have lots of fun. I'll try to pass it off as a fashionably late thing when I see you all on day two!
Heomar Bloodstone

Previous Characters
Aryen Caladras
Tristan Thalavar
Nathaniel Askovar
Elizabeth van der Lowe

Copper Dragon

Re: Midsummer Revels - Results

Postby Copper Dragon » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:50 pm

High Dawnlord's Posting wrote:~~MIDSUMMER REVELS~~

And so it began, and so it ended!
Out of our Midsummer competitions, winners have come forth!

I hereby announce:

THE KING OF MIDSUMMER - Merney Valroc!
A ring he now bears, sponsored by the earthly
Lord Rilwor Slywenn, blessed by the divine Lathander.

THE KNIGHT OF MIDSUMMER - Hjalmar Godefroy!
A scabbard befitting his title now flanks his side,
hand-crafted with a stoic, elegant visage for a fierce champion.

THE MISTRESS OF MIDSUMMER - Aleira Nemesk!
A necklace woven with prayer and praise for the
praise-worthy third is now hers, making it plain for
all to see who won the brilliant third place.

The Songmaster of this year was the young and gifted Nathaniel Askovar!

May the Morninglord shine warmly through them all: contestants, attendants, winners;
for they have chosen to Challenge themselves, to Live fully, to seek Joy and spread it,
in a time that knows too little happiness.
OOC: A belated thank you to everyone who joined in on this player event!
Plays:
Udhana, the Kinless
Dhovainithil, Silver Elf