Beyond word and stone

Danuvis

Re: Beyond word and stone

Postby Danuvis » Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:40 pm

// Bumpity bump! Copper Dragon, Xanthas, and Kilaana, would either of the proposed days work for the continuation of the storyline?

Kilaana
Administrator, Builder, DM

Postby Kilaana » Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:21 pm

// I should be available, but if anything crops up last minute, I'll post again.
“Violence is the mark of the amateur.” ― Garrett, Thief: The Dark Project

Kallian | Delorwyn Lle'quellas | Wilhemina Alencar | Zalika Maszim Zartusht
Cedric Lesàre

ljuslek

Postby ljuslek » Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:51 pm

//Does ≈7PM BST* on saturday sound agreeable as a preliminary time and date?

*3PM EDT / 8 PM CEDT / 9 PM EEDT

Xanthas

Postby Xanthas » Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:14 pm

//Seems like it should work for me if it does for everyone else.

Danuvis

Postby Danuvis » Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:56 pm

// Definitely does for me!

Kilaana

Postby Kilaana » Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:02 pm

// It looks like there was some confusion. When I did log on, there were a few who showed up for this but something seems to have called ljuslek away?

Cedric Lesàre

ljuslek

Postby ljuslek » Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:09 am

//I'm terribly sorry. Heartfelt apologies to everyone who waited for me and Aleira to show up; I had a dog related emergency which prevented me from being available in time. Watch this thread for a write-up of what Aleira would have said and made plain during the meeting.

ljuslek

Beyond word and stone - the meeting

Postby ljuslek » Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:46 pm

It is a hard-set but weary Aleira that greets those gathered before the shrine to Chauntea in Outentown; and under the weak light of the high noon sun through clouds she begins to explain why the meeting has been called.

"It's a long struggle that has led us here, a long struggle through a harsh winter.". Her eyes scan those who've come to listen, those who know already what forces the ranger and her companions have so long been working to subvert. "And it is a hard fight that awaits us still.". Her hand sweeps to one of those companions, the stalwart warrior Merney Valroc, and the gesture prompts the hedge-knight to unwrap a parcel of brown paper to reveal an insignificant and shrivelled mushroom. "And this, this is what will lead us onwards. Towards a trail I have been shown by The Oak Father himself, one that will lead towards an artefact that will see us triumph against darkness.".

The ranger moves slowly towards Merney and the outstretched hand which holds the dried and frail mushroom, and carefully she wraps the paper around it again. If Celith, the elven druid that had blazed the way through the Wood of Tusks all those months past is present; he is presented with the parcel, for inspection or for to keep? Whatever the case may be; Aleira soon speaks again.

"It will lead us to a glade - a place I've no word for to describe other than divine. Like all of the land is, that glade is a temple. A place as sacred and as precious as the effigy of The Grainmother we stand before today.". Briefly the ranger looks towards the copse of trees that line the thaedar of Outentown, her head downcast before her words ring out again. "But much like the land which this glade crowns, it is a place dangerous to those who do not tread with care. A place where we all might perish. For beyond the glade and it's guardians lies a cave where the very earth will come alive to thwart those of you who will chose to follow this path with me, how to climb these hurdles? How to gain triumph? Those are questions for us to answer when we step upon this trail. I have been shown this way forward, but I cannot walk it alone. I ask you to follow the guide I have received, stand by my side as I will yours. If you've questions, ask them-.... If you've none? May The Oak Father guide our steps true."

//The above post is meant to reflect a meeting that was to be held prior to a trip to the glade mentioned by Aleira, the meeting that I sadly couldn't be around to have her officiate in game. I propose we and our characters set out for the glade this coming saturday of 22 october at 8 PM BST*; Aleira will be present in Outentown to answer questions one hour before the set time. If preferred, time for questions and general RP surrounding the event and the plot-line can be scheduled via PM.

*3 PM EDT / 9 PM CET

Xanthas

Postby Xanthas » Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:56 pm

Celith would take the parcel and quietly look it over as Aleira speaks, examining the mushroom with a slight curiosity coming to his eye before handing it back to her, listening and eventually agreeing to join before saying he would seek her later with questions.

//Saturday at that time works fine for me

Kilaana

Postby Kilaana » Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:16 am

// I'm really sorry, but it seems like I've got to attend a birthday on Saturday. Perhaps we can do it on Friday at the same timing? Or Sunday?

Cedric Lesàre