Player Event: What Lies Beneath (13th December) [Concluded]

Kilaana
Administrator, Builder, DM

Player Event: What Lies Beneath (13th December) [Concluded]

Postby Kilaana » Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:56 pm

Background:
As an early frost sets in, darkening the lands of Impiltur with winter's grey, word is slowly reaching ears that a certain aged Dwarf named Hroin has been seen in the lowland settlements again after a long hiatus following a gruelling expedition into the Vlastan foothills to secure resources for his own purposes. Rumoured to have met with crushing failure, the expedition survived a tenday in the pitch darkness of the caves before being forced to collapse the cave's entrance to stop a hobgoblin invasion.

Six months later, Hroin has emerged with a new purpose, and is intent on seeking out the southern range of the Earthfasts to investigate word about a possible Dwarven contraption of gigantic proportions lying in its depths. What other mysteries will be uncovered? Will new allies be found and old friendships renewed?

Event Notes:
This is a player-driven event organized by Holy_Rage and is expected to initiate on 13th December 2015 with the possibility of extension to a few days. Players are free to come and go as they see fit, although some persistency is expected i.e. if you decide to play Character X for the duration of the expedition, try to stay with this character instead of suddenly switching out as far as it makes IC sense. Time-bubbles are allowed at your own discretion if the need arises for your PC to be taken elsewhere when the event is not actively running. DM availibility is not guaranteed throughout this event although it may happen where time permits.

A heavy emphasis on surviving in the cold and dark is the theme of this event.

As this is a heavy-RP event mixed with some dungeoneering, players should arrive with the expectation that storyline takes precedence over monster-bashing here.

Player Level and Group Size:
As yet there are no limitations on the number of players. Should the party become too large, it is possible that separate groups may be formed to tackle different areas.

As the mountains hold no mercy for the weak and faint of heart, low-level players should ensure that they are stocked for the journey with medical supplies, food, a tentkit and anything else necessary for survival.

Interested parties should make their way to the hamlet of Vlasta.

See you there!
“Violence is the mark of the amateur.” ― Garrett, Thief: The Dark Project

Kallian | Delorwyn Lle'quellas | Wilhemina Alencar | Zalika Maszim Zartusht
Cedric Lesàre

Kilaana

Re: Player Event: What Lies Beneath

Postby Kilaana » Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:02 pm

(( OOC: We are trying to settle a good date for player availability, please post the dates/times for this December period that you are most likely to be able to attend. ))

Cedric Lesàre

blatob
Builder

Re: Player Event: What Lies Beneath (Tentative Date)

Postby blatob » Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:44 pm

As far as I know, any day is ok.

Holy_Rage

Postby Holy_Rage » Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:41 am

First of all many thanks to Kilaana for the banner and the initial write-up :)

My eager self forgot everything about Christmas and end of year vacation... so perhaps it would be better to put the decision to the hands of the player base. Which date would be better for you?

A) Sunday 13th December and onwards, for some pre-Christmas fun, with the possibility of having to stop the event mid-term during vacation, should it last longer than expected?

or

B) Friday 8th January onwards, with a clean slate re: vacations and no further interruptions due to vacations? Though it does mean it's a full month from now.

or

C) Propose any alternative date you might find appropriate.

All those interested, fire away! Cheers!
Current PCs:
Hróin | Ygrak Ironflame

blatob
Builder

Postby blatob » Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:42 am

Either one.

Copper Dragon

Postby Copper Dragon » Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:22 pm

A) Can attend 13th to 18th December more or less.

B) Uncertain about the period around and after 8th January.
Plays:
Artemis D'Assanthe, Dawnmaster
Udhana, the Kinless
Dhovainithil, Silver Elf
Jhasira of the Bai Kabor, Dawnbringer (deceased)

BadKnight

Postby BadKnight » Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:13 pm

I would prefer option A, more so. I speak only for myself, but the Christmas break will allow for more time invested in the event!

Xanthas

Postby Xanthas » Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:17 pm

Option A would likely work best for me as well, B I might be able to attend some of but I'd likely miss the first couple days and maybe more depending on the timing of events.

Poisonous

Postby Poisonous » Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:59 am

I might be around to help out depending on whether life gets in the way, timing etc

/vague sorry!
Mother Kelda Adler, priestess of The Crying God, wife, sister, mother. [Retired: old posts here and here]
Manishie, wanderer and songbird. Not a fan of sausage. Typically in Songhall, Sayildi's, or wandering...

Kilaana

Re: Player Event: What Lies Beneath (13th December)

Postby Kilaana » Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:28 pm

Thanks for all the responses so far. The event will initiate on 13th December around 8:30pm GMT onwards (possibly slightly earlier). Depending on how things unfold, it may continue for a few days before breaking up for part 2 in the new year.

Cedric Lesàre