Sarshel - Temple - A Visit

Copper Dragon

Sarshel - Temple - A Visit

Postby Copper Dragon » Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:24 pm

Dawnbringer Artemis D'Assanthe isn't an unfamiliar sight in the district surrounding the Temple of the Triad in Sarshel - nor unfamiliar within the Triad's temple itself, where she'd been seen to inquire about medication, patients, their faiths' mutual topics of concern. Today, in a sense she comes for all those together.

She inquires with Adorned Teresa of the infirmary if the man known as Noal Dagar is still within, how long his stay has been, and what all else the here-stationed Grey Sister could tell her. The Lathanderite priestess would be interested in seeing him, preferably not waking him from rest.

Artemis came in a long heavy dress and cloak; though she's been seen in the Triadic halls in her priestly armour, this occasion warrants no appearances ready for battle. Still, her features show more sternness than grief; a hardened face rarely displayed within the confines of the city.

She'd stand next to the Master Illusionist's cot thoughtfully for a while, a small bouquet of flowers - rare things, no doubt, in this wintery spring - in her grasp. One hand finds her rising sun pendant demurely.

"People we both know are wary of your return, even alarmed. Disbelieving; suspicious."

The priestess looks over the cot. Her voice is lowered, gentle, though the words aren't.

"I am that way too, though it saddens me. To this day I have tried to see the good in you; the man that perseveres, rather than the man who stumbles. I have prayed for the Light to keep you safe. I had been warned before not to reach out to you, not to believe in you. Were you sent back to prove them right... or wrong?"

Artemis regards the recuperating figure and then turns eventually; asking the Adorned to put the flowers in a vase if she would be so kind. The infirmary needs just a little more life to it.
Plays:
Artemis D'Assanthe, Dawnmaster
Udhana, the Kinless
Dhovainithil, Silver Elf
Jhasira of the Bai Kabor, Dawnbringer (deceased)

Poisonous

Re: Sarshel - Temple - A Visit

Postby Poisonous » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:52 am

//I've been rather out of commission and should have posted something myself, sooner! I'll hijack this thread if that's alright.

Sister Kelda has kept a close eye on this Noal Dagar since his arrival at the temple--while her work usually keeps her to the city's poorer districts, she checks in with Sister Teresa during her daily visit to the high temple.
Spoiler:
She has expressed her concerns to the fellow Adorned, relaying her concerns and experiences. She pulls the other priestess aside a few days after Dagar's return to tell her of the rumors surrounding his disappearance--supposedly to the Citadel of Conjurers--and his odd behavior including stalking and carrying around skulls (which she had reported to the city guard at the time), and warns that while Dagar himself is most likely as dangerous as a fly, the nature of his return and his past manipulations mean that Sister Teresa should be on her guard.

The Adorned also expresses her support of Artemis' right to know of matters concerning Dagar, due to his attentions being centered on her at one time.
Mother Kelda Adler, priestess of The Crying God, wife, sister, mother. [Retired: old posts here and here]
Manishie, wanderer and songbird. Not a fan of sausage. Typically in Songhall, Sayildi's, or wandering...

Hagra
Builder

Postby Hagra » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:24 am

It has been two weeks since the frail man was brought in on a stretcher, his breathing slow and shallow. The cot on which he has been resting upon changed a number of times, the man washed with a damp sponge nearly every two days. The worst wound, that of a surgical incision, cleansed, stitched and bandaged.

Discoloured lines mark where stitching had dug into the flesh of his eyes and mouth. A few scars may remain if the man recovers.

Malnourishment and dehydration was the most pressing concern, Adorned Teresa would pass along, noting that the man had stirred lightly enough to be given water and some bread. He has said nothing, nor opened his eyes. Many deep bruises have begun to turn from their much darker shades to a lighter yellow, caused perhaps by hard hitting blows to the body, which would account for the broken bones that also required tending.

Kerstman

Postby Kerstman » Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:15 pm

On unexpected moments Fenneken has made three brief inquiries with Terese or any representative of the healing ward in Sarshel's temple. After learning that Noal is at least alive and recovering, even if slowly, she seems to have learnt enough and leaves the premises.
Mains
Fenneken : Obscure arcanist
Leopold Thunersdai : Damaran Tempurian
Aleks : Rashemi barbie

Alts
Unger mac Rotu : Earthfast tunnel recon dwarf
Badger: Mute hin archer

Ataraxia

Postby Ataraxia » Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:29 am

Despite having no affiliation whatsoever to the man that had been brought to the clinic's doorstep in a miserable state, Antoshka regularly visited the infirmary to watch over his recovery. He loomed over Noal, making himself small in the limited space of the infirmary to manifest his will and life force by holding the man's hand. Even if the illusionist was unconscious, Anton insisted on slowly but surely drawing away his physical pain through the connection he created, welcoming it in his own body to bear for him. There was no hope in the compassionate gesture, but Anton believed strongly that it would both aid in Noal's recovery and give himself some much needed training in the manipulation of the energy that pulsed through every living being.