Search for a Blade

OldBear

Search for a Blade

Postby OldBear » Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:28 pm

Perry has spent a great deal of time outside in the cold on his roof. Upon it, he used the furniture and snow drifts to practice his use of arms. While he has a well made handaxe, it just is not the same as the short sword he prefers. He tumbles and jumps, bounces and hides in the shadows on the roof, ever practicing the skills that he has to sharpen them to the best of his ability. He knows, that he cannot always hide in the shadows, often his friends need his aid and he must be ready to do what one of his size can to aid them. As part of that preparation, he wrote to his father about acquiring a suitable blade for one of his skill and talents.
My dear Perry,

I am glad to hear that the shop is now paid for out of your own funds and that business seems to be growing. I am so proud of you to have struck out on your own in this new venture. Your mother and I miss you greatly, but appreciate the letters you send. As always, the rest of the family is doing well and the children are growing like weeds.

Now as to you inquiry about a blade. I know exactly what you mean, but I am afraid we have not seen one cross our counters for years. Off hand, I know of none here in Raven's Bluff that would suit your needs. While I would not suggest you join any questionable guilds, you might reach out to those type of contacts that frequent the shadows or that know those that do. Be careful so as not to blacken your name, but they might be a source of information for you concerning a blade you could make good use of.

(the rest of the letter goes on to discuss the business in Raven's Bluff and more family goings on... )
After reading over his father's letter a second and third time, Perry begins a slow and careful dropping of a word here and a sentence there that he is looking for a blade for one who works the shadows and that offers protection against those beings greater than most well made blades can handle.

OldBear

Re: Search for a Blade

Postby OldBear » Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:32 pm

Perry begins to spend more time in some of the alleys in the back parts of Sarshel. A vague rumor of a dagger or possible short sword was heard, but nothing he could put his hands on to trace.

OldBear

Re: Search for a Blade

Postby OldBear » Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:42 pm

Perry continues to seek those that spend more time in the shadows of Sarshel then the light. His normal sources have no idea of where he can find a better blade then his current dagger. Of late, he has been watching from the rooftops to observe those the frequent the alleys and byways.