A barbed surprise

Holy_Rage

A barbed surprise

Postby Holy_Rage » Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:09 pm

Over the next tenday, Alvira Legre, the gentle innkeeper of the well-renowned amidst adventurers Legre farm in Outentown, is slow in performing her duties. Her right hand is heavily bandaged, with the demure young Easting woman preferring not to tarry on the subject, even if sorely pressed. Her trips every afternoon to the Ilmateri Shelter of the village have become a staple too, the innkeeper's arm safely tucked under swathes of cloth to avert the ever encroaching cold's bite.

In one of those trips, she is carrying with her good arm a small woven basket full of hearthy brown cereal bread, small pots of fruit jam and a small selection of winter berries. Left to the Shelter's care, word passes quickly from mouth to mouth. The basket's recipients are a certain Adorned named Cassandra and the Ranger woman Aleira.
"Thank you.

A lot.

Alvira.-"
Current PCs:
Hróin | Ygrak Ironflame

Astral Fire

Re: A barbed surprise

Postby Astral Fire » Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:38 pm

As always, a tear of joy drops out from Cassandra’s eyes as she reads the paper left by Mrs. Legre , staring at all the generous gifts she gave them. So used to pain and suffering, joy has been a sensation she hardly felt in her life, and every bit of it was like a tiny taste of haven for her soul. But she knew what to do.

After she took her part of the goods, the Adorned travelled to Sarshel docks and gave the food to the usual beggars she encountered as well as a few sardils, bringing them at the local inn to offer them a warm place to stay for the night, away from cold and snow.

She stared them all in the eyes, with her piercing gaze that was both comforting and determined, betraying both an experience and a wisdom that go far beyond her young age, and stared to talk with her usual soft and kind voice, like a mother would do with her children.

I can feel your pain my dears. Your eyes speak for you: life can be cruel, we all have to suffer and feel pain and you know this more than many other people. But let me tell you, this is not the end, but just the beginning. It doesn’t matter how deep you fall, as long as you endure to rise again! You have others to help you climb your way back, for union makes strength. And Ilmater will never abandon you. When you cry, He’ll be there to comfort you, when you starve, He’ll be there to satisfy you with His compassion, when you live in poverty He’ll be there to enlighten your soul. Blessed are you who weep, for you shall laugh. Bless are you poor for yours is the kingdom of haven. Remember: love, compassion, altruism, faith and life are the most precious things one can have. If you have them you’ll have a treasure in the next life as in this one. As for your more material needs, I’ll always visit you when I can and provide you with food and a warm place where you can spend these cold nights. If you need comfort, spiritual advices, care, work opportunities or anything else, you know where to find me. I'll always do whatever I can to help you.

As they finish their meal, giving a thousand thanks to the Adorned, she blessed them all one by one, and then she leaves to return to Outentown where her duties awaits. As she returns she speak with Brother Garmin about the conditions of the man they saved the previous night, and proceeds to treat him even further to heal his terrible wounds the best she can. After that, she would visit Legre's farm to personally thank the kind miss Alvira for her gift and spend sometimes with her talking about family, faith and altruism.