Investigating the Rot

Toros

Investigating the Rot

Postby Toros » Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:50 am

//Anyone who gets involved with this investigation is welcome to post in this thread as well.

Upon hearing of the fungal contamination of the two largest sections of Sarshel's granary, Jerek Adler would ask the local guards about the location of the building and personally deliver a letter to the office of Royal Constable of Sarshel.
It has come to my attention that there was a fungal outbreak in Sarshel's granary recently, and there's been recent unrest related to increasing numbers of hungry and idle citizens which nearly culminated in a riot. This may be simply bad luck but I have heard rumors of followers of Talona, the Mistress of Disease arriving in Sarshel.

If they were somehow involved in the outbreak the implications could be dire. We absolutely cannot afford to lose more food with spring yet months away or we could have a full-blown famine on our hands. Our resources are stretched thin, so I would like to collaborate with you to investigate a possible connection in a way that will not require you risk your men nor risk your reputation. Should we be successful we could prevent further tragedy and bring honor to your office.

I would be grateful if you would provide me with any reports from the incident or leads on the Talontar. Armed with that information some uniquely talented individuals under my supervision will investigate. Should the Talontar be captured or damning evidence found they would be turned into your office as is proper. Likewise, should there be any issues with their conduct the blame would fall entirely upon my shoulders. I hope you find this proposal agreeable and would be happy to discuss further in person.

For the good of Impiltur,

Alorn Jerek Adler
Paladin of Ilmater

Also, I play Galondel.

Copper Dragon

Re: Investigating the Rot

Postby Copper Dragon » Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:58 am

The guards know the Ilmatari Warsword's face and name well, and they have no qualms to bring him to the Royal Constable's office. His missive delivered personally, and no doubt due to the direct priority of the issue, make for a quick written response to Jerek.
Hail to Alorn Jerek Adler,

The Crying God's engagement in this is a boon. Be informed that the city granary's spoilage has undergone investigation. Enclosed a full report for your consideration.

In summary, the incident occurred on Uktar 25th, Year of the Wyvern (1363). Inventorisation of damage performed both by stockholders and Royal Constabulary for estimation purposes and to exclude deliberate sabotage of contained consumable goods.
Investigations performed on Uktar 26th to 27th result in no proof of deliberate human involvement.
Guard reports and Royal Herald's Office do not record public presence of Talontar.
Anonymous tip received at Royal Constabulary on Uktar 29th to investigate currently out-of-use Shipping and Shipments Building II (formerly Georghu Rhymyr warehouse). Investigation resulted in I) registration of 13 unidentified individuals' remains, evidence pointing to underground gang rivalry; II) confiscation of documents conveying the sabotage operations of an individual nicknamed 'the Tsarina', allegedly Rashemi word for 'Empress', and direct link to an organisation dubbed 'the Zhentarim'.

This organisation was until now unknown to the Royal Constabulary. No link or proof found of Talontar involvement. At Shipping and Shipments Building II, the remains of a priest of Iyachtu Xvim, Son of the Lord of Darkness, were identified.

The investigation's conclusion is that the imminent threat of further sabotage has passed and has been undone, either by a rival group or the vigilantes that we ruefully call 'Adventurers'.

Should any leads be found on Talontar or further representatives of Iyachtu Xvim, this will be relayed to you for your general knowledge and assistance. Always, the Merciful God's and the Warswords' investment is appreciated. May your sword stand in the way of our suffering.

For King and Country,

Scrivened truthfully to the words of the Royal Constable, Nelra "The Fair" Silverstar, Nightal 4th, Year of the Wyvern.
Plays:
Artemis D'Assanthe, Dawnmaster
Udhana, the Kinless
Dhovainithil, Silver Elf
Jhasira of the Bai Kabor, Dawnbringer (deceased)