A Chance Meeting

Toros

A Chance Meeting

Postby Toros » Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:15 am

Jerek would come upon one of the City Watch in the temple district. He would greet him by name and with a warm smile.

"Mr. Comvensvik, it's good to see you again. A friend of mine, Perry Quietfoot, believes his home has been burgled, and I'd like you to look into it personally. He's a good and trustworthy citizen, and I trust your discretion in this matter. I hate the idea of someone trying to steal from one of our own."

He would give the guard a meaningful look, and wishes him a good day.

Also, I play Galondel.

OldBear

Re: A Chance Meeting

Postby OldBear » Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:43 pm

The next day, Perry would wander by the temple and see how the work, if any, is progressing. While he was there, he would quietly wait until the guard described to him would make his rounds a bit closer. Then Perry would approach him and initiate a conversation.
Good day sir, I understand that you are Ser Comvensvik? Ser Jerek suggested I have you come and look at one of my windows. It appears someone tried to jimmy it. They were not successful at it, but I think it best a report be on file. I am Perry Quietfoot by the way and I have the shop just around the corner here.
Once they arrive at the shop, Perry would suggest the guard enter his shop for a cup of hot tea or hot cider on such a cold blustery day while they might discuss security concerns. One inside however, the conversation would change drastically.
I understand you have some concerns about grain shipments in the area and have some news to pass on. I can assure you I will be very discrete and report only to Ser Jerek. Your name will never be mentioned again by me.
With that as the two sat by the warm fire drinking their beverage of choice, Perry would carefully listen to the information being presented for his investigation.