Of Wolves and Puppies. . .

Hagra
Builder

Of Wolves and Puppies. . .

Postby Hagra » Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:33 pm

On a previous venture with her Grace Kelda and Bors, did they come across a rotting corpse wearing a red cape, red boots and red arm guards. Faile was quick to recognize that alone as her friend Westin, pawed down by Wolves in a cave not far from the walls of Sarshel.

A day after did Faile return with some much needed muscle - Bors and Nathaniel - so Westin could be carried properly to the temple. Two puppies had been nibbling on Westin's toes, and when the mum arrived, Faile was quick to realize they were Wild Dogs, not Wolves, possibly hiding in the cave away from the Wolves themselves.

So not only was Westin brought back to the safety of the city, but Faile lead the mum and her two pups out of the wolf den to a dry and warm haven, promising to check up on them after leaving some water and biscuits behind.

Poisonous

Re: Of Wolves and Puppies. . .

Postby Poisonous » Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:46 pm

The cute little mongrel pups waste no time terrorizing the local children in Sarshel's outskirts, and often following Faile faithfully from stable to stable.

The stable owner, no doubt, is a bit uncertain about the whole thing...
Mother Kelda Adler, priestess of The Crying God, wife, sister, mother. [Retired: old posts here and here]
Manishie, wanderer and songbird. Not a fan of sausage. Typically in Songhall, Sayildi's, or wandering...

Copper Dragon

Postby Copper Dragon » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:16 pm

Would that Dawnbringer D'Assanthe were in or near Sarshel at this time. One could certainly speculate how the Lathanderite priestess' would be likely to react to the tragic news of one of her faith, indeed, a paladin known to her. As it stands she does not yet know of the news. Perhaps when she hears word of it she will be quick to respond.

No doubt the pups meanwhile form a force of cuteness to be reckoned with on the city outskirts, and bring much-needed smiles in the heart of winter.
Plays:
Artemis D'Assanthe, Dawnmaster
Udhana, the Kinless
Dhovainithil, Silver Elf
Jhasira of the Bai Kabor, Dawnbringer (deceased)

Obsidian Sea

Postby Obsidian Sea » Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:15 pm

A letter arrives addressed to Artemis D'Assanthe, Priestess of Lathander. The parchment is purchased from The Golden Quill, fine calf-skin vellum. The script is rather artless; it is as if the writer had been etching the characters out of a stencil. The messenger who delivers it is a young boy, who smiles to see the Dawnbringer and informs her that the letter comes from the Temple of the Triad, though the business of it is not official in nature. It is from a patient there, who by name is Nathaniel Askovar.

To my friend, Artemis D'Assanthe,

It will do you no gladness, I fear, to read my missive to you. As happens often for those of us that undertake The Life - be it for purposes Divine, or those humbler in their pretenses - another has fallen to the perils of Impiltur. News may already have reached you, though if it has not then perhaps it is better delivered by a friend. The Paladin of Lathander who came to this land has fallen in battle. His body rests in the mortuary of the Temple of the Triad, though it seems to me better that he is kept preserved until he can be taken to a place of more fitting burial. That duty, I do not doubt, will rest on your shoulders. Yea, Impiltur proves a perilous place in the winter - or always?

I have not been put to my grave by those dangers, though the call of it has never rang so loudly. It is a baleful chorus, Artemis. The aid of friends and a spirit stronger than the body which binds it have made it possible, though I was truly dead for a time. Dead. To have died and not be dead is a miracle, and nothing short of it, is it not? If the entire truth be told, Artemis - and no doubt you know it already - I am warrior-born but not warrior caste. These trials of adventure have overcome me too many times, and should the worst befall me again there will be no miracle to bring me back. The Abbot does not tell me so, nor the Adorned, but I know it well. The circumstances of my birth made death ever my neighbour, and now, having met it face to face, I must soften or meet it with haste.

It will be good when next we meet. The world and the office of your responsibilities draw us too often on different paths. When next they cross, I shall be glad to hear the trill of your tongue, and enjoy the warmth of your company. Until such a time, I continue (without competence) upon my path of recovery, though I shall perhaps never regain my strength in full. If you come to claim the body of the Paladin of Lathander, and the pains of my body permit it, I shall lift myself out of the infirmary to meet you where he presently rests.

Until next our paths do cross,

Nathaniel Askovar

3rd Hammer; Deepwinter
Heomar Bloodstone

Previous Characters
Aryen Caladras
Tristan Thalavar
Nathaniel Askovar
Elizabeth van der Lowe

Copper Dragon

Postby Copper Dragon » Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:46 pm

The priestess receives the letter in the morning, after holding a sermon-at-sunrise on Sarshel's city square. After word of her return to Sarshel, the most logical time to seek audience with or give messages to Artemis D'Assanthe is after the public mass she performs to the Morninglord - which the boy seemed to know. She smiles and kisses the messenger boy on the head before ushering him forth, and she regards and opens the letter on her way to the Crowning Glory Inn. It's with a good mood and warm - nigh-on persistent - smile that she opens it, but it doesn't take long to turn that into a little frown.

Artemis is quick to make her way to the Triadist Temple, looking for a certain Nathaniel Askovar in the infirmary. News of his condition, and the dire news of the paladin Westin Highridge, quickens her stride. Her other plans for the day are shoved further down in her schedule.
Plays:
Artemis D'Assanthe, Dawnmaster
Udhana, the Kinless
Dhovainithil, Silver Elf
Jhasira of the Bai Kabor, Dawnbringer (deceased)

OldBear

Postby OldBear » Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:06 am

Waking from a coma with a lurch, Westin finds himself on a stretcher on the floor of the Triad Temple. He is covered in bandages, sweat covered as if he had a great fever and felt like he could drink a gallon of water in one swallow. With the aid of the Dawnlord and one of the members of the temple, he is moved to the infirmary and place in a clean bed. Just a short discussion with the Dawnlord was enough to wear him out entirely and he fell, this time, into a deep and restful sleep.

Poisonous

Postby Poisonous » Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:55 am

Sister Kelda, having met Sir Westin briefly, could be seen occasionally visiting him when she has spare time at the Temple.
Mother Kelda Adler, priestess of The Crying God, wife, sister, mother. [Retired: old posts here and here]
Manishie, wanderer and songbird. Not a fan of sausage. Typically in Songhall, Sayildi's, or wandering...