Potential Duplication Bug

For reporting various bugs found in the module.
Danuvis

Potential Duplication Bug

Postby Danuvis » Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:14 pm

Hello!

I was bored as a spirit and toying with the nearest containers, and to my surprise, upon trying to take an item from one with a full inventory, it seemingly begun to duplicate the item piece after piece until the weapon rack was full of small shields. Now, I'm not certain if this is just a visual bug or an actual one, so I thought it worthwhile to report it anyway. It shouldn't be hard to replicate this in order to see if the shields are actually there and accessible.
Spoiler:

Loreweaver
Administrator & Builder

Re: Potential Duplication Bug

Postby Loreweaver » Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:21 pm

I was unable to replicate this. As far as I can tell, only one copy of each item survives. However, the image does suggest this is not the case.

Danuvis

Postby Danuvis » Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:56 pm

Just in case my descriptions wasn't clear enough, I'll simplify it here;

1. I died and (after relogging, I might add) wandered to the shield rack.
2. I clicked the original, lone shield in the container, whilst being encumbered (as you can see in the screenshot). At this point, I realised it didn't only return the item, but that it also copied a new one alongside it.
3. I kept clicking random shields afterwards, trying to take them, to see what would happen, and each time I did, it just repeated the process - seemingly endlessly duplicating the shield in question with each attempt to take one out of the container. Throughout all of this, whatever shield I took was briefly in my own inventory before flickering quickly back into rack.

It could have been a really obscure bug that worked just in that moment, and only with that particular shield rack in the Wood of Tusks bugbear caves, it's difficult to say. I'm not sure if you tried replicating it with a low amount of strength like in the screenshot, with your lbs exceeding the maximum amount you can carry, but if not, that's worth a try.

Loreweaver
Administrator & Builder

Postby Loreweaver » Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:58 am

Thanks. The bug has been tracked down and eliminated.