Low XP Markers [Caves of Wrath]

For reporting various bugs found in the module.
Crowbot

Low XP Markers [Caves of Wrath]

Postby Crowbot » Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:38 pm

I had a chance to go through this area today with Morgan alongside Jonan and Bors (for reference our levels were three, eight and seven respectively.) The area itself didn't appear to have any obvious issues, but its XP markers seemed incredibly low (the highest I saw was a marker worth 5 experience points while the rest were only 1, the other two in the party were getting around 12 per) given the danger involved in the dungeon.

Is there XP scaling in place that would cause a low level PC to not gain much from traveling through a dungeon with a level-capped one?
Last edited by Crowbot on Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cyberjesterb

Re: Low XP Markers [Caves of Wrath]

Postby cyberjesterb » Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:35 pm

Can confirm this, as well as the final encounter being bugged.
Bors
Orm
Ghaulvur Forlimodr

Silver Snow

Postby Silver Snow » Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:46 pm

To not make a separate thread for a similar issue:
Spoiler:
We experienced something very similar at the upper badger level of the mushrooms dungeon recently. The party was 1 lvl 8, 1 lvl 7, 1 lvl 6, 1 lvl 4, and 1 lvl 2. All except the lvl 2 (who received a normal 27is xp per tick) received ticks of 1 xp after the rooms full of stirges (5 spawned) and 2 xp after the room full of Growlers (2 spawned).
I'm fairly certain I've been there with a bigger spread than that and not had those results crop up before.

Kerstman

Postby Kerstman » Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:05 pm

Reply to Haplo in spoiler
Spoiler:
Normally I would suggest to make a seperate thread for another dungeon, but I think the badger level for the mushroom dungeon has been lowered in regard to xp. It was fairly rewarding for very simple spawn that was aimed at low levels.
Mains
Fenneken : Obscure arcanist
Leopold Thunersdai : Damaran Tempurian
Aleks : Rashemi barbie

Alts
Unger mac Rotu : Earthfast tunnel recon dwarf
Badger: Mute hin archer

Hagra
Builder

Postby Hagra » Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:22 pm

I gather, based on the 1xp and 2xp ticks for experience triggers, this particular dungeon has been modified to only give experience to characters within a certain level range due to the first level being created for low level parties.

A level 8, level 7, level 6 and a level 4 is not a low level party.

blatob
Builder

Postby blatob » Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:55 am

Ok, badger place, as refered to, is limited to lower levels. The dungeon in question not so, since Jonan and Bors would get value sof 1 or 2 xps.